Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Seahawks Season Preview

3 posters

Go down

Seahawks Season Preview Empty Seahawks Season Preview

Post  tubbs51 July 23rd 2012, 4:54 am

First off their schedule:

@Ari
Vs DAL
Vs GB
@ STL
@ CAR
Vs NE
@ SF
@ DET
Vs MIN
Vs NYJ
@ MIA
@ CHI
Vs ARI
@ BUF
Vs SF
Vs STL

There's alot of optimism up in the Northwest. For good reason too. The Seahawks are a young and very talented team. Last year the offense (outside of BeastMode) was lacking to say the least, especially at the main position. Quarterback. With those issues in mind the Seahawks (or affecionatly known to some anti new uniform people as the Seattle Swooshes) went out and not only got one QB to replace TJax but two in Matt Flynn via Free agency and Russell Wilson via the draft. With a possibility of REALLY upgrading the QB position, if either pan out like most Hawks and Analysts think then the Seahawks might have that Franchise QB. If its Wilson, he'll be the first successful QB taken by the Hawks in the NFL Draft EVER. Yep. The franchise that brought you the greats like Zorn, Hasselbeck, Krieg, and Mirer (lol jk on Mirer, fucking bum) has never drafted a decent QB. Personally i hope Wilson breaks that "curse". Or shatter it.

The Hawks do have some options for Flynn and Wilson (most people already count Tjax out, including myself). Rice does have injury issues. But he has put on some decent muscle mass and weight to help his durability. And who could forget the WR that became the first UDFA to lead his team in REC since the AFL/NFL merger? They also have some big potential with Durham, and Ricardo Lockette. Golden Tate ended the season on a very hot streak and could reach his initial potential. With the release of Big (lol understatement) Mike Williams it leaves a spot open for other WRs like Phil Bates, Deon Butler, and Ben Obomanu. The Hawks now also (if everything goes to fruition) have a major two headed TE group with Miller and Winslow.

Now the passing game is going to be minimal in the offense. Mainly because PC and JS want Lynch along with Robert "The Hulk" Turbin and Washington to be the main focus. An old fashioned, throat stuffing,bruising run game. Mike Robinson has shined since arrival as a fullback (and one of the fans most favorite players) and earned a Probowl invite.

Another issue on the offense which is somewhat out of the FO's hands. Consistancy and health along the Offensive line. I honestly dont know who'll start other than Okung at LT and Unger at C. My guess is that Carpenter gets shifted to LG (his true position). Giacomini gets RT. and then either Lutui or Moffitt get RG. But its really a crap shoot.

Now the shift to the best part of the Hawks. The defense. The Hawks had the 9th ranked defense last year with Probowl players, Earl Thomas, Kam "Bam Bam" Chancellor, and Brandon Browner, along with the stud CB Richard Sherman (fYI he's freaking hilarious).

(Sherman and BMW argue about the NBA at 4:29 lol)

The Defensive line is stout against the run. The issue was Clemons was the only guy to get a pass rush and half of his 11 sacks came against the lowly Rams. The Hawks hopefully upgraded the pass rush with Bruce Irvin, Jaye Howard, and Jason Jones.

The Hawks did lose a major piece in David Hawthorne and brought in a Rookie (Bobby Wagner) and an oft injured vet (Barret Ruud) to replace Hawthorne. However the Hawks do have Leroy Hill who played fantastically last year and KJ Wright who played much better than Curry.

The Hawks are a very young but very talented team. I can honestly see them getting to 10 wins. However the part that will easily be the most difficult is dealing with the Pats on sunday and then having to travel to San Fran to play a Thursday night with only four days in between.

I think at the minimum the Seahawks go 8-8. We may very well see two good NFC West teams in the playoffs Shocked
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Seahawks Season Preview Empty Re: Seahawks Season Preview

Post  MaddMatter July 23rd 2012, 11:19 am

I think the Hawks could be a surprise team, but like you said the QB position isn't that good and you lack a #1 WR. Sidney Rice is way overrated and has been for years. I'm not a fan of Matt Flynn, did he torch the Lions? Hell yes he did. But the thing to remember about that game was that Louis Delmas was injured (I don't think he even played) so the super star Chris Harris got to play safety. (FYI Chris Harris is probably the worst safety I've seen since 2008). Alphonso Smith started because of an injury to I think Eric Wright. (Smith gave up a good 100 yards and 2 touchdowns in the first half alone, then got benched for an injured Eric Wright LOL) I also think Chris Houston was injured at the time to, but had to play.

What I'm saying is, I don't buy into the Matt Flynn greatness. If I were you guys, I would start Wilson and say "This is your team, for better or worse" Best case scenario he plays good and you make the playoffs, worst case, you have a top 10 pick and can draft a playmaker on the outside for Wilson next year.

The defense is good, but I wonder how good. I mean they had a top 10 defense yes, but 6 of their games were against, Arizona (QB?), Rams (Lowest scoring team weren't they) and the 49ers. No diss to the 49ers but they are not an offense power house.

I picked Seattle to be my NFC Sleeper team of the year, but looking at that schedule, damn is that tough.

@ Arizona-It's always tough to start on the road
Dallas-Home opener I probably give them an edge by a bit, but Dallas is no joke.
GB- Not a good way to follow up your home opener
The next two are deceivingly difficult
Travel cross country to St. Louis to play the Rams.
Then the next week you have to travel across country again to play the Panthers. Cross country twice in two weeks (Don't know their bye week) That's difficult in itself.
Come home to play NE? Gah damn
Then back on the road @ San Fran- then back across country to play @ Detroit (Our Stadium will be louder than yours! lol)

I could go on, but seeing how many back-to-back road games cross country, that's going to be difficult.

I don't see them getting more than 9 wins, but I think they finish at 8-8 again. But show improvement.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark July 23rd 2012, 12:31 pm

it all depends on quarterback play IMO

@Ari - W
Vs DAL - L
Vs GB - L
@ STL - W
@ CAR - L
Vs NE - L
@ SF - L
@ DET - L
Vs MIN -W
Vs NYJ - W
@ MIA - W
@ CHI - L
Vs ARI - W
@ BUF - L
Vs SF - W
Vs STL - W

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 July 24th 2012, 1:43 am

@Matt: i'm not a Flynn fan either for the same reasons. I'd rather have Wilson in there. idk too much about Rice but supposedly he's been working out with Flynn, TJax, and Wilson off site along with Baldwin, Lockette and others.

One thing i love about the Seahawks is that Baldwin is the one that organized all of the workouts last year and has not taken to organizing outings for the team and study sessions so that the offense can all get on the same page.

The Defense did go up against some tough offenses and did make some major plays. They held McCoy to just 83 yards and also held Turner to 70 yards on 26 carries. The run defense is there and very very solid. The pass defense is still quite young but there's a reason why ET, Bam Bam Kam, and Browner all went to the probowl (quite frankly with Browner's penalties I would have rather had Sherman there instead).

The thing is that they are very young and very promising. Sherman never even started the whole season. Gotta remember as well, who'd thunk the Seahawks would be the Giants in Jersey and the Ravens and Eagles in Seattle?

Plus how can you hate the hawks with those two hilarious videos lol Fuck Hard Knocks. We have the Real Rob Report Very Happy
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum