Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

I am making my own guitar/bass company

4 posters

Go down

I am making my own guitar/bass company Empty I am making my own guitar/bass company

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 4th 2012, 9:04 pm

My buddy and drummer's dad has his own surf board company. He makes surfboards for a period of time during the year and september to november he is busy with his kids who do band. December to March he has nothing to do except work on cars.

Anyway, this winter, with his help. Me, my buddy, and his dad are going to make my own guitar. Its own unique look and headstock. the Head Stock will say ECCLES in my cursive writing and SIMON & SON where youd find Les Paul on a gibson.

I plan on making 2 guitars, 1 for me and 1 to sell to the local nonguitar-center place down the street because they buy custom and home made stuff.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

I am making my own guitar/bass company Empty Re: I am making my own guitar/bass company

Post  ccdog23 August 4th 2012, 9:05 pm

Well if you become rich don't remember all the times I called you fat.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

I am making my own guitar/bass company Empty Re: I am making my own guitar/bass company

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 4th 2012, 9:22 pm

ccdog23 wrote:Well if you become rich don't remember all the times I called you fat.

If you want one, I will make you one. All you got to do is pay for what ever materials we spend on and shipping.

I dont plan on making any real career type money off of it. It is mostly not being happy with any guitar company. I want to make something literally built for me
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 August 5th 2012, 1:11 am

That is really really cool. I'd like to see the one you make when you finish. If that is okay. How long have you been into guitars that seriously?
usmfan45
usmfan45

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 5th 2012, 3:03 am

usmfan45 wrote:That is really really cool. I'd like to see the one you make when you finish. If that is okay. How long have you been into guitars that seriously?

well guitars since january. but i grew up on music. I play violin, cello, guitar, bass, piano, and I am learning drums from my buddy.

I picked up guitar pretty quick since I have so much experience with other stringed instruments.

NO DOUBT I AM POSTING PICTURES!! it is going to look badass. I am working designs and shit, how i want everything to be. I was looking up how to actually make guitars and stuff and it isnt that hard depending what you do.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 August 5th 2012, 12:26 pm

EPICxWOLF66 wrote:
usmfan45 wrote:That is really really cool. I'd like to see the one you make when you finish. If that is okay. How long have you been into guitars that seriously?

well guitars since january. but i grew up on music. I play violin, cello, guitar, bass, piano, and I am learning drums from my buddy.

I picked up guitar pretty quick since I have so much experience with other stringed instruments.

NO DOUBT I AM POSTING PICTURES!! it is going to look badass. I am working designs and shit, how i want everything to be. I was looking up how to actually make guitars and stuff and it isnt that hard depending what you do.

Who would have thought it... Epic is musical genius.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy August 5th 2012, 12:39 pm

I dunno much about your experience in music but my buddy tried their a few years back and hes a professional cabinet maker and he cant get the bodies right.

Its not just about widdling a block of wood and gluing some strings on.

Expect some extreme frustration but if you stick with it, who knows, you could be the next Les Paul.

Good luck!
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 5th 2012, 5:42 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:I dunno much about your experience in music but my buddy tried their a few years back and hes a professional cabinet maker and he cant get the bodies right.

Its not just about widdling a block of wood and gluing some strings on.

Expect some extreme frustration but if you stick with it, who knows, you could be the next Les Paul.

Good luck!

Well my buddys dad makes surf boards and looking up the measurements and stuff and how solid body guitars are made. He doesnt think it be too difficult. I dont want to copy cat gibson, fender, or anyone else. I want something cool and unique and makes people say "wow" when I am on stage you know.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 8th 2012, 11:24 pm

I am making my own guitar/bass company 2012-010

It is a shitty image i took with my phone but that is pretty much the plan for my guitar. Semi hollowbody with triangle F-holes instead of cursive F-holes.

2 humbuckers my buddy ben will hand wind or i will buy from EMG

I am going with Semi hollow body because they are actually easier to make. go figure.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 9th 2012, 2:17 pm

Just bought a set of dimarzio blue-bucker humbuckers for it. I havent found the right place to buy wood yet. not a lot of places sell mahagony or oak anymore. Might have to special order from some place online which i would not by happy.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum