by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Art Modell dead at 87

Go down

Art Modell dead at 87 Empty Art Modell dead at 87

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on September 6th 2012, 6:30 pm

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Art Modell dead at 87 Empty Re: Art Modell dead at 87

Post  MaddMatter on September 6th 2012, 7:07 pm

Saw this this morning, terrible news.
He did a lot for the sport. I know Browns might be pissed, but he did do a lot for the NFL.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

Art Modell dead at 87 HADOOOKEN.0 KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on September 6th 2012, 7:48 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Saw this this morning, terrible news.
He did a lot for the sport. I know Browns might be pissed, but he did do a lot for the NFL.

See thats what I don't understand about the cleveland fans, its not like they dont have a team? Sure their orginal team got moved, but they have a team now. Its not like the team left and now they don't have a team, ya know? With modell, didn't he leave because they wouldn't build him a better stadium? With the ravens Irsay basically lied and moved out in the middle of the night. If anyone should be pissed at anyone it should be colts (original team)/ravens fans for having a owner blatently lie. If I were browns fans, I would be mad at whoever turned down modell and the new stadium (IF that is what happened, I'm a little foggy on the whole story)....

"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on September 6th 2012, 10:15 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

See thats what I don't understand about the cleveland fans, its not like they dont have a team? Sure their orginal team got moved, but they have a team now. Its not like the team left and now they don't have a team, ya know? With modell, didn't he leave because they wouldn't build him a better stadium? With the ravens Irsay basically lied and moved out in the middle of the night. If anyone should be pissed at anyone it should be colts (original team)/ravens fans for having a owner blatently lie. If I were browns fans, I would be mad at whoever turned down modell and the new stadium (IF that is what happened, I'm a little foggy on the whole story)....

what happened was there was a fund or option what to do, either build a new stadium or build the rock and roll hall of fame. they built the rock and roll hall of fame, model felt slighted by that and many other things. the team was also bank rupt and he had to take out a loan to pay players signing bonuses and stuff. the franchise was really fucked before they left cleveland and cleveland fans do have a right to feel pissed but it is what it is
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 on September 7th 2012, 6:26 am

everybody wants to leave cleveland lol.

so maybe , just maybe browns fans need to ask why everybody wants out lol

Art Modell dead at 87 Dq0w81
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on September 7th 2012, 5:40 pm

EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

what happened was there was a fund or option what to do, either build a new stadium or build the rock and roll hall of fame. they built the rock and roll hall of fame, model felt slighted by that and many other things. the team was also bank rupt and he had to take out a loan to pay players signing bonuses and stuff. the franchise was really fucked before they left cleveland and cleveland fans do have a right to feel pissed but it is what it is

AH I see now, so yeah your right, they did have a right to be pissed. If they were bankrupt though, there would have been more of a chance to loose the team completely though.

-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on September 7th 2012, 6:38 pm

Modell did a shitty thing by taking the Browns away from the city, i cant believe the Browns are actually going to honor him before this weeks game...shouldnt the Ravens be honoring him?

Art Modell dead at 87 Muhammadjihad_medium
Art Modell dead at 87 Sheldon
Art Modell dead at 87 FrnXxyM
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on September 7th 2012, 6:52 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Modell did a shitty thing by taking the Browns away from the city, i cant believe the Browns are actually going to honor him before this weeks game...shouldnt the Ravens be honoring him?

The NFL has asked every team to either have a moment of silence or acknowledge his passing.

[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

Art Modell dead at 87 HADOOOKEN.0 KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on September 7th 2012, 9:30 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Modell did a shitty thing by taking the Browns away from the city, i cant believe the Browns are actually going to honor him before this weeks game...shouldnt the Ravens be honoring him?

The NFL has asked every team to either have a moment of silence or acknowledge his passing.

yea..acknowledge his death. nothing about being positive about it.

"you know the jerkoff who moved the browns from cleveland? yea he died. alright, kick the ball off"
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on September 8th 2012, 5:57 pm

As it should be...Browns WILL NOT honor Modell, and I dont blame them..

A day after the Cleveland Browns announced they would provide "appropriate recognition" on the passing of Art Modell prior to their season opener on Sunday, the team has scrapped its plans.

The decision came at the request of David Modell, stepson of Art Modell and president of the Baltimore Ravens, who wisely understood the potential for a poor reaction by Cleveland fans still upset the original incarnation of the franchise was moved to Baltimore in 1996.

"David Modell appreciated (Mike) Holmgren's offer of (a) brief P.A. read, but David knew it would not be well-received," Ravens spokesman Kevin Byrne told Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer.

The Browns are the only home team in the NFL that won't honor Modell on Sunday. That striking reality provides context to a singular decision that will forever be a raw nerve for the region."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000059764/article/browns-scrap-plans-to-honor-modell-at-behest-of-family?module=HP11_headline_stack

Art Modell dead at 87 Muhammadjihad_medium
Art Modell dead at 87 Sheldon
Art Modell dead at 87 FrnXxyM
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: