Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Fireman Ed Quits: Jets Superfan Resigns, Cites Fan

4 posters

Go down

Fireman Ed Quits: Jets Superfan Resigns, Cites Fan Empty Fireman Ed Quits: Jets Superfan Resigns, Cites Fan

Post  RSoxGuy November 26th 2012, 5:14 pm

Link to article

Woody Johnson's carnival has lost its barker.

Days after the New York Jets were subject to a public dismantling by the New England Patriots and authored what is widely hailed as the most failtastic flub of this -- or any -- NFL season, the club has managed to sink a bit lower.

Fireman Ed, the Gang Green superfan who led the "J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!" chant during games in the Meadowlands, has hung up his helmet. In an editorial published by Metro on Sunday, Ed Anzalone announced that he is stepping down as "Fireman Ed," citing increasingly frequent confrontations with other fans. According to the New York Daily News, Ed began the fan tradition, with the support of his brother, Frank, back in 1986.

While taking pains to make clear that he was not going to stop rooting for the Jets, Anzalone wrote that the team's struggles -- and his own support of beleaguered starting quarterback Mark Sanchez -- have created an unfriendly atmosphere unlike any he has been around.

(My translations are in bold) This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another (and my team sucks). The stadium has become divided because of the quarterback controversy as well (and Shonne Green sucks too). The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll — which is an outright lie — have made these confrontations more frequent (I guess I will just have to go back to wearing a skirt like the rest of the cheerleaders now). Whether it’s in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis (as is the usual in that shit hole of a city otherwise known as NY or maybe its just that people are sick and tired of my borderline homo schtick).

The move came days after Anzalone was spotted leaving early during the Thanksgiving debacle. He also deleted his Twitter account during the game, as reported by Newsday.

Ed's departure and subsequent Twitter action was noted on Thursday and the backlash began, with former Jets nose tackle Kris Jenkins among those to weigh in.

@krisjenkins77
Kris Jenkins
Fireman Ed deleted his account? Wow thought he was a diehard fan? Guess he went back to the Dolphins.

Jenkins' dig refers to the fact that Anzalone was reportedly a Dolphins fan as a child before embracing the Jets in 1975, per his byline at Metro. Regardless of when he first donned a Jets jersey, "Fireman Ed" has been a staple of the fan experience for years, for better or worse.

"I will always love the Jets because they are in my heart, and I will attend games as usual, just not as Fireman Ed," wrote Anzalone in closing his open letter. "God bless and, as always, let’s go Jets!"

Anzalone's decision to publicly step down from an unofficial job to which he appointed himself has drawn mixed reactions, to put it mildly.

"I know people have mixed feelings about Ed," wrote Brian Bassett at The Jets Blog, "but no matter how you might feel it’s hard to not get a little depressed to realize that the guy can’t even hang out among fellow fans without getting blasted for it."

RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Fireman Ed Quits: Jets Superfan Resigns, Cites Fan Empty Re: Fireman Ed Quits: Jets Superfan Resigns, Cites Fan

Post  RSoxGuy November 26th 2012, 5:19 pm

"I know people have mixed feelings about Ed," wrote Brian Bassett at The Jets Blog, "but no matter how you might feel it’s hard to not get a little depressed to realize that the guy can’t even hang out among fellow fans without getting blasted for it."

Maybe if he stopped acting like a fucking homo fruit cake cheerleader and put his ass in his seat instead of blocking every1's view behind him while he waves his arms around like hes trying to conjure up some steaming shit demon from the depths of that toilet bowl (aka NJ) people wouldn't talk shit to him. Tell him to sit down and shut the fuck up and there wont be any problems.

I'll tell you what. If my team was trash and some asshat kept jumping up and down in his seat in front of me trying to be "Mr LookAtMeImAnAttentionWhore" by demonstrating his superior spelling skills, Id give him shit too. Nobody is impressed with your Homosexual act. Its alot like you, old, dull and dumb as fuck.

So much for being a hardcore fan. Reports are he left the last 2 games at half time just like all the fair weather fans and yuppies who want to beat the traffic and could give a shit less about the team. Fake ass loser.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Fireman Ed Quits: Jets Superfan Resigns, Cites Fan Empty Re: Fireman Ed Quits: Jets Superfan Resigns, Cites Fan

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ November 26th 2012, 5:23 pm

good riddance to him and his blow-hard crap...I never cared for Fireman Ed at all, I always thought that he thought he was 'above" all other Jet fans and its ridiculous, also he stated a few times that he "used to be" a Dolphins fan, lol, thats probably why he gets heckled at the Stadium, because "true' Jet fans dont like bandwagoners or basically anybody that isnt a "true" Jet fan...who needs him, I know the Jets wont miss him, and the fans? someone else will step u to the plate and lead the cheer, my guess is some fat guy with no shirt and a paper bag on his head will do it for the rest of this season Cool ...

...then again, maybe I will do it, what do you guys think, should i keep the cape Cool

Fireman Ed Quits: Jets Superfan Resigns, Cites Fan Capnjet
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy November 26th 2012, 5:28 pm

I found some twitter posts and apparently im not the only one who thought this guy was a hack.

Michelle Beadle
Oh no. Fireman Ed "stepped down." (from what? Not sure) Who will now creep out America while ridiculously presuming to be part of the team.

Not Bill Walton
Jets super fan Fireman Ed "quit". Unfortunately, their head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, and QB didn't follow suit.

Jason McIntyre
Good riddance never bought this guy's act RT @MetroNYSports: Fireman Ed is no more. He's stepping down

The Bengal Smurfette
Fireman Ed is now a Giants fan. Or Patriots fan. LOL

Jay Bollz
It took 20 years for Jets fans to realize Fireman Ed is a clown dick? Dummies.

Justin Smith
Fireman Ed is a jackass that thinks people go to an NFL football game to watch him.

Joe Donahue
Roger Goodell has fined Bill Belichick $350,000 for killing Fireman Ed.

Fireman Ed Quits: Jets Superfan Resigns, Cites Fan Fireman-Ed-2
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy November 26th 2012, 5:30 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:my guess is some fat guy with no shirt and a paper bag on his head will do it for the rest of this season

You can borrow this guy but we need him back before catchers and pitchers report...
Fireman Ed Quits: Jets Superfan Resigns, Cites Fan Murphitis
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy November 26th 2012, 5:37 pm

The "poop and scoop"
Fireman Ed Quits: Jets Superfan Resigns, Cites Fan Stillbetterthancassel.0_standard_709.0
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ November 26th 2012, 5:42 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:The "poop and scoop"
Fireman Ed Quits: Jets Superfan Resigns, Cites Fan Stillbetterthancassel.0_standard_709.0

lol good nickname for it...it was such an embarrising play that i had to have it as my sig, it basically sums up this group of Jets Crying or Very sad
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ November 26th 2012, 5:45 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:I found some twitter posts and apparently im not the only one who thought this guy was a hack.

Michelle Beadle
Oh no. Fireman Ed "stepped down." (from what? Not sure) Who will now creep out America while ridiculously presuming to be part of the team.

Not Bill Walton
Jets super fan Fireman Ed "quit". Unfortunately, their head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, and QB didn't follow suit.

Jason McIntyre
Good riddance never bought this guy's act RT @MetroNYSports: Fireman Ed is no more. He's stepping down

The Bengal Smurfette
Fireman Ed is now a Giants fan. Or Patriots fan. LOL

Jay Bollz
It took 20 years for Jets fans to realize Fireman Ed is a clown dick? Dummies.

Justin Smith
Fireman Ed is a jackass that thinks people go to an NFL football game to watch him.

Joe Donahue
Roger Goodell has fined Bill Belichick $350,000 for killing Fireman Ed.

Fireman Ed Quits: Jets Superfan Resigns, Cites Fan Fireman-Ed-2

nobody really like Ed, not sure what 'fans" are upset or even mad that he "quit", i guess that means the people sitting behind him at the games will actually be able to watch it live rather than stare at the JumboTron...like i said, nobody will miss this clown...as a matter of fact, this has not even been posted or talked about on the Jets site I frequent most, only stuff on there is about how can we rid our team of Teblow,Sanchez,Pace,Scott,Holmes,Sparano and Cavanugh
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy November 26th 2012, 5:56 pm

People like Ed drive me fukin nuts. Its a game we all paid good money to see (im sure its well over $150 per ticket as it is at Foxboro) a football game and not some jerk off trying to make it all about him and a 2nd grade spelling bee.

I can see how fans started riding his ass. No1 likes an attention whore and thats all this clown was.

As for the "Poop and scoop", its a riot but I cant take credit for it, I heard it on sports radio this morning along with numerous others. That was my fav.

Now another thing I heard on teh radio was that the Jets are looking at being $20 mill over the cap next season. We all know the "cap" really isnt all that of a big deal but with some of the bone headed deals Tannenbaum and the structure of those deals he has made, it wouldnt surprise me,.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ November 26th 2012, 6:30 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:

Now another thing I heard on teh radio was that the Jets are looking at being $20 mill over the cap next season. We all know the "cap" really isnt all that of a big deal but with some of the bone headed deals Tannenbaum and the structure of those deals he has made, it wouldnt surprise me,.

I can tell you that Bart Scott will NOT be back, next year his salary hits 8 million, as well as Calvin Pace hovering at about 7.5 million, then you have that shmuck Safety Eric Smith hogging up 3 million, also many other "lower impact" players that have pretty decent salaries and dont contribute much, like Teblow will be at almost 5 million if the Jets want to keep him...I and many other Jet fans expect to see a huge overhaul this offseason, I wouldnt even be suprised if they flat out cut Santonio Holmes, his cap figure is around 9 million for next year so i doubt that happens...basically our roster has a bunch of mediocre guys making between 500 and 900 thousand dollars, Tanny will need to work on that list to give us some breathing room...also, dont be suprised if the Jets trade Darrelle Revis, he is up for a new contract and the Jets front office knows its gonna have to be huge if they plan on keeping him a "Jet for life" , but seeing how our Pass Defense has played without him ( pretty good, i think we are 4th in NFL) , I wouldnt be suprised if Tanny pulled the trigger to get another 1st and maybe a 2nd in return for him ( hopefully to a NFC doormant team like the Cardinals or Rams ) god forbid if he ends up in Foxborough pale
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter November 27th 2012, 1:13 pm

Question:

Not defending Ed. But when do you guys think it's acceptable to stand up during a game?

Redzone? Defensive Third Down plays (if your making noise) ? Touchdowns?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy November 27th 2012, 6:06 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Question:

Not defending Ed. But when do you guys think it's acceptable to stand up during a game?

Yes, all three of those. However, if you are waving your arms around, not facing the field, yelling at the fans to do what you are doing, acting like you are supposed to have pom poms and a skirt on, drawing any and all attention to yourself rather than play on the field, you sir, are a cunt and should be treated as such.

Point being this self absorbed douche bag has taken this "Persona" so far over the top its sickening. Its not about "rally for the team". Its about him. His fake twitter account, his second identity. See the look on people's faces around him when hes sitting on another man's shoulders (yes, seriously on top of another guy's shoulders) "whooping up" the crowd, they are tired of the attention whore blocking their view. I mean hes saying hes "retiring". Retiring? You are a quitting bitch and deserve to be recognized as such. A quitting bitch to the point that he has left 2 games in a row at half time. WTF is that? Thats not a fan, that's not hardcore, Thats a yuppy pussy who would rather beat traffic with the rest of the suits who dont know shit about football.

I get the douche chills just watching this vid.

Seriously dude. Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. You are embarrassing yourself and this entire section of fans.

Its not even like your "chant" is good. Its a 4 letter word you keep spelling over and over you unoriginal fucking hack.

No1 is gonna miss your hack bit. No1 is not gonna show up to the games anymore thinking "Well it just isn't gonna be the same without that guy squeezing his cock and balls on his buddy's shoulders/neck in one of the most homosexual displays in sports, spelling the name of the team at the top of his lungs while we all try to ignore him because the attention whore might sit down so we can watch the fucking game."

In my humble opinion, this raises my view of Jets fans. They will not be represented by some closet homo in a hat acting like a fucking cheerleader without the tits or ass.

I wouldn't be a part of that shit if you paid me. Ive seen reports from people on the interwebz that some season ticket holders have requested and received new seats due to this asshole. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near this guy either.

I have a new found (as little as it might be) respect for jets fans stepping up and giving this jerk off a hard time. This now (in my opinion) puts Jets fans one step above Philly fans. Might not be much, but coming from a Pats fan, its worth something.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy November 27th 2012, 6:07 pm

^Im gettin pretty good at this ranting shit.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy November 27th 2012, 6:35 pm

More silly comments from the interwebz -

As a lifelong Jets fan, I'm just left wondering where the team will ever, ever find another loud-ass, self-important, beefy white dude who lives for bellowing on the sidelines, draws a disproportionate amount of attention to himself, and is more about clownish, grade-school quality motivation tactics than actual football acumen.

Besides a backup QB that never plays, Fireman Ed will be blamed next for the Jets on-field problems. Nice

What do you expect when you swap jersey's to that of the worst QB in the league? Im not saying its right but isnt that just asking for abuse when you surround yourself with thousands of meatheads every sunday?

Wait, NY still has two football teams???

This is a blow to publicity hounds everywhere. It's a sad day when a man has to walk away from what he truly loves - trying to get noticed.

I bet the fans in the three rows behind him are celebrating like crazy.

farewell Ed Analzone

...and speaking of anal zones, did ya see Sanchez try to put his head up Brandon Moore's @ss?
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ November 27th 2012, 6:43 pm

i agree with rsoxguy on this one, Fireman Ed is more of a nuisance than anything else...if i sat behind his dumbass and couldnt see because of him, there would be a fight....also, Im not sure if all fans are the same but the way he gets portrayed and gets attention as being the "face of the jets fanbase" is a bit ridiculous, especially considering he grew up a Dullfins fan...good riddance

..as far as standing up is concerned? its whenever your team does something "worthy" of standing up and getting loud, not coerced into something you may not want to do, especially if the team is losing and some shlub is enticing you to cheer when you really want to boo
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ November 27th 2012, 10:27 pm

heres what the Jets faced heading to the locker room at Halftime against the Patriots...as nasty as the fans are being, i cant say i dont feel the same damn way...my favorite part is when Sanchez is walking by and aguy say "SANCHEZ YOU SUCK!!! DONT EVEN COME OUT AFTER HALFTIME!!!"

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray November 27th 2012, 11:10 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:heres what the Jets faced heading to the locker room at Halftime against the Patriots...as nasty as the fans are being, i cant say i dont feel the same damn way...my favorite part is when Sanchez is walking by and aguy say "SANCHEZ YOU SUCK!!! DONT EVEN COME OUT AFTER HALFTIME!!!"

"Tebow save us!" LMAO
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter November 28th 2012, 10:26 am

RSoxGuy wrote:

Yes, all three of those.

Just making sure, because I get upset when people tell me to sit down during a big 3rd down play or something. I'm always like "why don't you stand up?" And people get pissed at me, bitch I've been a season ticket holder since 2007, where the fuck were you?

As for leaving at halftime. That's stupid. I've done it ONCE, in what 60+ games. And that was vs Tennessee on Thanksgiving, when we were down 21-0 in the first quarter and Chris Johnson already had like 500 yards and 4 TD's. Plus my dad wanted to get home and cook turkey. Other than that I have NEVER left before 0:00 hit the scoreboard.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum