Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

2015 High School Season

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2015 High School Season Empty 2015 High School Season

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 7th 2015, 9:18 am

So maybe I'd like to keep you guys up to date on this season. I'm the freshmen head coach this year, last year, I just called defense. But this year is going to be fun.

1st. I have 62-65 incoming freshmen. You've seen that correctly. A freshmen team with 60+ players. A lot of high schools in general don't reach that on their varsity roster comprised of all 4 grades.

2nd. I've been calling every single one of these bastards to make sure they're cleared physically. Which was a huge issue last year, they guy who I coached with last year was a lazy piece of shit who the varsity head coach ran off for being a lazy turd but he didn't care about the kids getting their i's dotted and t's crossed with paper work to be cleared.

3rd. I'm out for blood. Last year, our freshmen team was 1-7 (again, I don't blame the kids, I blame the last year's coach for having the kids start late, our 1st defensive practice was 2 days before our 1st scrimmage and a week before our 1st game.) [When last year's kids heard I was the new freshmen head coach, they all collectively said, 'I wish you were the HC last year'] I have 4 solid weeks before our 1st scrimmage. More than enough time to rep and get these kids where I need and want them to be. I want to run the score up on everyone.

4th. I'll have 2 helpers. Both going into their 1st year of coaching but both are much older than me, I'm 23, they are both in the 30s or 40s and look at me like I'm a god. It's weird to be young and hold any kind of power over anyone older than you.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

2015 High School Season Empty Re: 2015 High School Season

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 7th 2015, 2:39 pm

Just to add to the shit pile on the guy I coached with last year.

We started last year with 45 kids, the 1st day of practice we had 5 kids cleared

We haven't even started our practice yet, we haven't even had the dead line to hand in physicals. Of the 62 kids signed up, 33 are cleared. Because I've been working the phones
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S July 7th 2015, 5:24 pm

62 players what the fuck? Poor kids gonna be out there in practice jerseys during the game
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 7th 2015, 6:40 pm

S wrote:62 players what the fuck? Poor kids gonna be out there in practice jerseys during the game

nah, I'm at a group 5 school (biggest public group in NJ) and our budget and stuff is insane. We're good on gear. I'm more worried about the coach to player ratio. I highly doubt we'll have 60+ players, guys drop out and guys never take care of their physicals. We'll be closer to the 35-40 range, which is still WAY more than almost any school we'll play.

We played a school last year that only had 13 kids playing frosh ball, one of which needed to borrow a pair of cleats from one of our players
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 14th 2015, 1:26 pm

I have a legit QB dude. This kid has an arm and can sure as hell flick the magic bean. He gets a little wonky when he rolls out and tries to throw which is an issue because we do a lot of rollouts when we pass but it's his footwork that screws him up.

What really impressed me was he was like, "yo coach, you need to tell some this kids what their position is, they all think they're running backs" and I said, "I will but you're the Q, you let them know what's up" and he starts going around saying, "hey man, you ain't no running back, you see how big you are? We need Olinemen, we need team guys. I want to win. You block for me, I'll run for you"

The dude gets it. I love him already, we haven't even practiced yet, I've had the freshmen coming to varsity practice just to help out, hold bags, move equipment, etc.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 28th 2015, 1:05 pm

I have all my kids cleared and we start practice monday. Aw shit son
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 3rd 2015, 10:52 pm

So we had a game scrimmage today. We traveled with the Varsity so they scrimmaged on the game field and we had our scrimmage on the practice field (which honestly looked like a legit stadium).

Anyway. We won, 20-16. We were down 16-0 at the end of the 1st half. My defense didn't allow a TD. Our 1st offensive possession, we punted and my punter drilled one of our guys in the back of the head and it went straight up. The 2nd TD was a horrible decision by my QB who threw directly at a LB who took it in for 6. (2 INTs over all)

My defense didn't allow a 1st down. My offense was shitting the bed. We had 5 false starts and 1 holdings. We were moving the ball all day against them. The 2nd half we had 20 yard TD run, a 50 yard TD run, and a QB sneek for a TD (passing td for the 2 point)

Last year, if we got down 16-0, the kids would have shit the bed and quit. Because I'm in charge of these turds no, I keep their dumbasses focused and energetic. As soon as I heard kids saying, "why aren't we doing this" "why is he in the game, he sucks", I said in a calm yet aggressive tone, "if I hear any other negative comments or complaining, none of you will play for the rest of the year." And they all shut up.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 5th 2015, 8:08 pm

Ann Arbor Pioneer: 2-0 led by Antjuan Simmons, he has 190+ yards and 5 TD's with at least 2 FF's in 2 games.

Looks like we'll be in the playoffs boys.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 14th 2015, 12:07 am

The varsity is 1-0, My freshmen are technically 1-0 because Middle Township canceled the game. They didn't have enough players. Our 1st official game is at Ocean City. They hyped as fuck to hit some kids.

I scout for the varsity and I was at a game Friday. I usually get to talking with fans and shit because I'm wearing my school's shit rather than either teams' shit. This one takes the cake though
"Why would they decline the penalty?"
"Because their coach wants the other teams offense to be in a 3rd and 10 rather than 2nd and 20"
"That's dumb, I'd accept the penalty"
"There is a reason you're in the stands"

The dude nearly jumped me
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 14th 2015, 10:55 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:The varsity is 1-0, My freshmen are technically 1-0 because Middle Township canceled the game. They didn't have enough players. Our 1st official game is at Ocean City. They hyped as fuck to hit some kids.

I scout for the varsity and I was at a game Friday. I usually get to talking with fans and shit because I'm wearing my school's shit rather than either teams' shit. This one takes the cake though
"Why would they decline the penalty?"
"Because their coach wants the other teams offense to be in a 3rd and 10 rather than 2nd and 20"
"That's dumb, I'd accept the penalty"
"There is a reason you're in the stands"

The dude nearly jumped me

I've learned this a while ago.

People are fucking idiots.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 18th 2015, 1:25 am

Played ocean city, we're 1-1. We lost 18-6. It was 12-6 for most of the 4th quarter. My Dline just shit the bed with the exception of my nose, my nose killed it, my two DTs were just lazy turds and weren't firing out and were just getting driven back on skates.

Parents will be the death of me.
"Why didn't my son play? Why didn't he dress? I rearranged my work schedule to see him play, he should have played"
Uh because your son is a little turd, got in trouble, so I suspended him. You don't play if you act like an asshole.

Now, I can't say that. But I want to. The hardest transition from 8th to high school is learning, not everyone is special, not everyone gets a trophy, not everyone plays in every game.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 29th 2015, 1:07 am

I had a kid get jumped at a game. Not one of ours, I encourage the kids to go see the varsity to support them.

Knowing the kid, it was probably him saying something fucked up.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 1st 2015, 10:08 pm

Just an update on Antjuan Simmons real quick.

Just got offers from Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee and LSU.

Good kid, fun to watch

We got a tough game coming up tomorrow. We play Saline, who is ranked like #22 Nationally. Both 5-0 though, should be good tough game.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 3rd 2015, 12:43 am

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 3rd 2015, 12:40 pm

Alright so we played Saline last night (#23 ranked team nationally)

Their QB, Jackson, is pretty good, not going to say he's great, but he can make plays with his feet and he's got a pretty good arm. Committed to Va Tech, so you should be seeing him in the future. We've got some Power Five talent in our conference

Ypsilanti (my former high school) has a kid committed to Kansas (Jahz Watts), Saline with their QB to VT and Antjuan Simmons who was virtually ever offer outside of Texas.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 3rd 2015, 7:33 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Alright so we played Saline last night (#23 ranked team nationally)

Their QB, Jackson, is pretty good, not going to say he's great, but he can make plays with his feet and he's got a pretty good arm. Committed to Va Tech, so you should be seeing him in the future. We've got some Power Five talent in our conference

Ypsilanti (my former high school) has a kid committed to Kansas (Jahz Watts), Saline with their QB to VT and Antjuan Simmons who was virtually ever offer outside of Texas.

You might as well tell me he want to Devry or Phoenix.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 3rd 2015, 7:40 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:Alright so we played Saline last night (#23 ranked team nationally)

Funny story, I used to work with a guy who was playing at Concordia in Ann Arbor and he kept talking about how he wanted to play in the NFL.

So being the asshole that I am, I pulled the Key and Peele skit on him. "Dorian Lancaster, University of Michigan.............Concordia!"

After a couple of weeks of giving him shit and explaining that people from D5 college schools don't make it to the NFL, I watch this NFL preseason game and the kicker goes "Concordia St. Paul Minnesota."

So I went and apologized to him, because Concordia has a kicker in the NFL

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 3rd 2015, 8:07 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

Funny story, I used to work with a guy who was playing at Concordia in Ann Arbor and he kept talking about how he wanted to play in the NFL.

So being the asshole that I am, I pulled the Key and Peele skit on him. "Dorian Lancaster, University of Michigan.............Concordia!"

After a couple of weeks of giving him shit and explaining that people from D5 college schools don't make it to the NFL, I watch this NFL preseason game and the kicker goes "Concordia St. Paul Minnesota."

So I went and apologized to him, because Concordia has a kicker in the NFL

When I was at FDU, our programs claim to fame was having a kicker with the cardnials in the 90s
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 21st 2015, 8:03 pm

I just lost a game 3-0. The team picked us off and got tackled inside the 20 yard line and they kicked a FG with 2 seconds left. My defense played their asses off

My defense was great today. What helped them was I went to having my DL, LBs, and two SS wearing wrist coaches. We're a 335. So when I have the call "Bear Sam/Jack Tennessee" the DTs wrist band has the call + notes that say, "Outside shade of the guard" and my Sam LBs wrist band says "Outside shade of Tackle on LOS, blitz", etc. The two SSs tell the corners and FS what the coverage is.

We had zero miscommunication on defense, everyone knew the play and what to do
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 23rd 2015, 11:50 pm

I've literally never felt worse for the players today.

They had an opportunity to win the game taken away by the officials. Absolutely atrocious. To see all these Seniors crying was just heartbreaking.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 24th 2015, 1:28 am

MaddMatter wrote:I've literally never felt worse for the players today.

They had an opportunity to win the game taken away by the officials. Absolutely atrocious. To see all these Seniors crying was just heartbreaking.

high school officials are bad. I get it's high school football, there is no instant replay, they're not making a living doing games, it's a hobby basically for them, but some refs are just horrible.

I have a few stories.

1. Our previous freshmen game. 1st quarter, it was 3rd down and we run a play and we are near the sticks. The protocol for measuring is you have the little flag thing or what ever on one of the 5 yard lines, a ref holds that flag and walks out with the stick crew and holds that down while measuring. A) the refs kept moving the ball B) they didn't set the flag on the chains so the ref just walked out the chains with no point of reference C) they keep moving the chains back and forth so we had the 1st down, then we didn't, then we did, they we didn't and we had to punt.

2. Our varsity game today, the refs constantly kept marking holding penalties as 5 yard penalties. It's a 10 yard penalty. These weren't "from the spot of the foul" holding calls. The center straight tackled a blitzing LB and it was marked as a 5 yard penalty. The whole game, they kept doing it.

3. Our 1st game this year, I go out to ask about a call. It was a screen pass and we got called for "illegal man down field" and screens, Olinemen can run down field. So I go out to argue and the ref is like, "coach, I don't care what the rule is, it's a safety issue." And I'm like...."What the hell does that mean?"

4. Our 2nd game. End of 2nd quarter. The refs made us punt the ball with no time left because the defense kept committing offsides and block in the backs. I wanted to decline the penalties just so I can go to half. BUT NO! He kept accepting them with out even looking to me to say "yes" or "no". We punted 5-6 times, from our own 10-15 yard line. It was ridiculous.

5. A ref threatened me during a game last year with "unsportsmen like conduct" if I kept calling certain plays. I usually include One-word calls on defense. Something that isn't a base call and something I drew up that week. For that game I had "Ebola" "Anthrax" "Cocaine" "Auschwitz" and "Nazi". Now listen. HS rules say, you can't curse or use negative language to opponents, refs, or fans. None of the words are being directed at anyone. They're names of calls for defense. They aren't even curse words.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 24th 2015, 8:55 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:I've literally never felt worse for the players today.

high school officials are bad. I get it's high school football, there is no instant replay, they're not making a living doing games, it's a hobby basically for them, but some refs are just horrible.

I get that, but this was a spotting of the ball fuck up.

We had the ball with about 25 seconds left at the opponents 15 or so, Down 18-14 no timeouts left.

We have a player get tackled by the sideline at about the 7 or 8 yard line. Naturally, our offense was set up to spike the ball with around 9 seconds left. But the official spotting the ball, was walking backwards, casually, in no hurry to spot the ball. Literally, taking his time. So our offense sat there for 9 seconds waiting for that ball to be spotted so we would have one chance left to win the game. But the official never spotted the ball. He had 13 seconds with the ball and never spotted it.

I've never seen anything like it, it was like he thought the play went out of bounds and the clock stopped so he just casually walked backwards to spot the ball.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 29th 2015, 9:30 pm

We had another "I'm a dumb fucking ref" moment.

The other team was driving on my defense. They throw a seem route and my one safety picked it off in the endzone. The refs automatically whistle the play dead and do the touch back sign.

The explanation I get.

"The ball entered the endzone after the kicker got rid of it so we gave you a touch back so you don't return it."

To which I replied, "What the hell are you talking about. He threw the ball, it was 2nd and long. My safety picked it off. He can return that! Do you guys not know what the god damn rules are? Do you need to ask siri what the hell happens on interceptions?"
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 31st 2015, 5:48 pm

Just won our playoff game to set up a rematch against Saline. I'd have to check where they are ranked nationally, I'm guessing still top 20

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 November 4th 2015, 12:11 am

MaddMatter wrote:Just won our playoff game to set up a rematch against Saline. I'd have to check where they are ranked nationally, I'm guessing still top 20

The varsity is 3-4, if we win next week, we can get a spot in the playoffs (with help). My Frosh are 2-3, we have 3 games left. Mainland, Woodstown, and Millville (rivalry game).
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next