by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Peter King: Aso wants the Jets

Go down

Peter King: Aso wants the Jets Empty Peter King: Aso wants the Jets

Post  JermikesHere on July 22nd 2011, 6:26 pm

According to Peter King's twitter..

SI_PeterKing Peter King
RT @Just_Nehpets: Where are the most likely places you see Nnamdi ends up? ... Guesswork: Dall, Phil, Hou, NYJ longshot. Hear he wants Jets.

Now I'm sure it's a long shot and I really don't think it will happen.. but wouldn't it be something if he takes a 1 year reasonable contract to join the Jets and form the ultimate duo with Revis? Can you blame him or any free agent for wanting to join the Jets and play for Rex Ryan? People can bash Rex all they want, but there's a clear method to his madness. Players love him.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[quote="SnA ExclusiVe"]yay go me for another embarrassing moment on top of many others.[/quote]

UNBAN PUPPETZ!
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Peter King: Aso wants the Jets Empty Re: Peter King: Aso wants the Jets

Post  Pintsizedjark on July 22nd 2011, 6:35 pm

They could dump Cromartie(if at all possible)..I don't know how much money he takes up but it has to be a decent chunk..then have Asomugha and Revis start with Wilson being their third corner(if he's that high on the chart already)..that would be deadly... and I dunno if its wanting to play for Rex Ryan as much as it is wanting to play for a young team that's been to two consecutive AFC championship games.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
MaddMatt wrote:I mean, you play to win the game, not to protect anyone's feelings. If you get blown out, it's no ones fault but your own.

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Yet women say us men are idiots and can't be trusted? Yeah, look in the mirror....

Peter King: Aso wants the Jets Forumsigi

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on July 22nd 2011, 6:45 pm

the only way Nnamdi becomes a Jet is if he takes a HUGE paycut, and when i say HUGE i mean it...Jets are strapped for cash as it is, there would be no way in hell they could get him,unless of course Nnamdi realizes that money isnt everything and plays 1 year for the Vet minimum just to get a taste of the Playoffs and maybe even a Superbowl appearance...he is 30 years old and has already made a TON of $$$ so he doesnt need the cash..starnger things have happened Neutral

Peter King: Aso wants the Jets Muhammadjihad_medium
Peter King: Aso wants the Jets Sheldon
Peter King: Aso wants the Jets FrnXxyM
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on July 22nd 2011, 7:01 pm

if the jets sign aso. they would not resign cromartie, not resign braylon, and tag david harris only to sign him a long term deal to get the cap a bit lower. probably dump 1 of the xtra QBs like Clemens

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget on July 22nd 2011, 7:25 pm

he would have to take a pretty huge paycut to make it worth it. im not doubting that he could do that though. im sure he wants to win at this point and he has already made tons of money. i have been kinda thinking him to the pats (doubting jets seeing as how much they have to resign and already having revis), but if he will take a big enough pay cut it could work meybe.

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on July 22nd 2011, 7:44 pm

poshmidget wrote:he would have to take a pretty huge paycut to make it worth it. im not doubting that he could do that though. im sure he wants to win at this point and he has already made tons of money. i have been kinda thinking him to the pats (doubting jets seeing as how much they have to resign and already having revis), but if he will take a big enough pay cut it could work meybe.

he wouldnt need to have a vets minimum. i think he could go from 16 mill down to at least 10 or minimum 8 mill a year much like derrel. that way you have the 2 best corners on the best defense in the league.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden on July 22nd 2011, 11:41 pm

I dont think it would work. With Revis covering the other team's #1 all game long. It will render Aso ineffective as he only covers one side of the field all game long...

MY TEAMS:
Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 2092901915 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 471133571 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 3090091953 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 2591688399 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 1096263799 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 269126734 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 1914733195 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 1572855406

[22:50:17] @ Brownsxfanx31 : my dad is a girl.

[20:35:44] @ HurpDurpHurray : I FUCKING HATE U THADDEN.
[20:36:12] S-UNIT302 : this mutha fucka just rick rolled me
[20:37:31] @ HurpDurpHurray : im not watching anymore videos u send me privately now.

MaddMatt on Sun 10 Apr - 19:00: Thadden, I'm officially naming you Head of Recruitment lol, you had one kickass professional looking statement. .
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on July 23rd 2011, 12:01 am

Thadden wrote:I dont think it would work. With Revis covering the other team's #1 all game long. It will render Aso ineffective as he only covers one side of the field all game long...

No Rex ryan is smart when it comes to when to bring heat and when to lay off with cover 3. I think it could work. People get caught up with Revis being on a #1 all game its only a ploy most of the time because its 50/50 with zone or man. Its more of a way to confuse the offense.

You have Revis and Aso. Both taking turns covering #1. Both on one side in a nickle or dime situation. Its fucking insane. I would have a ragging boner if I was rex and aso came to NY. I would spend all day plotting. You put revis and aso on the same team with david harris, shaun ellis, and rex leading the whole thing. that is some historical type defense shit

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 on July 23rd 2011, 12:06 am

Thadden wrote:I dont think it would work. With Revis covering the other team's #1 all game long. It will render Aso ineffective as he only covers one side of the field all game long...

It could cause confusion. If Revis is marking the Number One Guy on the Side that is ASO'S Side only, we could see major problems. But hey, I think there is a better chance he goes to the Winnipeg Jets then the New York Jets!

Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 1118sjr
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden on July 23rd 2011, 12:13 am

Soarindude02 wrote:

It could cause confusion. If Revis is marking the Number One Guy on the Side that is ASO'S Side only, we could see major problems. But hey, I think there is a better chance he goes to the Winnipeg Jets then the New York Jets!
Agreed. It just wouldnt work with Revis's supperior talents

MY TEAMS:
Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 2092901915 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 471133571 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 3090091953 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 2591688399 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 1096263799 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 269126734 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 1914733195 Peter King: Aso wants the Jets 1572855406

[22:50:17] @ Brownsxfanx31 : my dad is a girl.

[20:35:44] @ HurpDurpHurray : I FUCKING HATE U THADDEN.
[20:36:12] S-UNIT302 : this mutha fucka just rick rolled me
[20:37:31] @ HurpDurpHurray : im not watching anymore videos u send me privately now.

MaddMatt on Sun 10 Apr - 19:00: Thadden, I'm officially naming you Head of Recruitment lol, you had one kickass professional looking statement. .
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on July 23rd 2011, 12:57 am

Thadden wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:

Revis'* dumbass

Anyway

It would work

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  barneyb on July 23rd 2011, 5:27 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
Thadden wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:

Revis'* dumbass

Anyway

It would work

Actually both are technically correct, just Revis' is used more commonly
barneyb
barneyb

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on July 23rd 2011, 5:48 am

bp_brien wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
Thadden wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:

Revis'* dumbass

Anyway

It would work

Rebuttal:

Fuck you

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on July 30th 2011, 9:19 pm

bp_brien wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
Thadden wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:

Revis'* dumbass

Anyway

It would work

BURNED!

[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

Peter King: Aso wants the Jets HADOOOKEN.0 KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 on July 31st 2011, 6:12 am

better late then never right

Peter King: Aso wants the Jets Dq0w81
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum