Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

According to Madden Megatron isn't Clutch

+2
HurpDurpHurray
MaddMatter
6 posters

Go down

According to Madden Megatron isn't Clutch Empty According to Madden Megatron isn't Clutch

Post  MaddMatter August 2nd 2011, 8:47 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150248565858756&set=a.117121778755.98601.75529708755&type=1&theater

lmfao what? You're right, all those 4 quarter TD's means he's not clutch. Just last year I remember:

1. Chicago (HE MADE THE CATCH)
2. Philly got a TD in the 4th down by 10? Got a penalty on the play, did the exact same route and scored another TD.
3. Scored on 4th and goal in the 4th quarter against Washington down by 5? Also scored 2 TDs in the 4th quarter.
4. Buffalo: scored with about 10 seconds left to bring it within a 2 point conversion.
5. Made GREAT catches against Tampa in the 4th quarter and OT to pretty much steal the game.

Yup Megatron sucks when the pressures on.....

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

According to Madden Megatron isn't Clutch Empty Re: According to Madden Megatron isn't Clutch

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 2nd 2011, 9:04 pm

No he's not clutch because EA says so!
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

According to Madden Megatron isn't Clutch Empty Re: According to Madden Megatron isn't Clutch

Post  Pintsizedjark August 2nd 2011, 10:41 pm

LOL..Andre Johnson isn't clutch, Peyton Hillis is clutch, and Ed Reed isn't a big hitter?

this is exactly why I hate these types of things..because now when you're playing Madden 12 Andre Johnson will drop the perfect pass in the endzone as time expires even though he's wide open because the game said he's not clutch...Peyton Hillis will break six tackles to run for the game winning score, and Ed Reed will fall right off of Darren Sproles..all because the game says so.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 2nd 2011, 10:55 pm

i think i am starting to get tired of football. not just playing games on xbox but watching and playing.

its mostly the arguing. football is turning into baseball with this sort of stuff. the merits of stats over just absorbing the comic law of chaos that is football.

you have coaching, players abilities, technique, physical ability, mental and emotional state, the crowd, along with other pieces to the formula to mix together to form this dark abyss that we stare at blindly for 3 hours hanging on each moment and play as if time it self did not exist with the obvious exception of the scoreboard

EA and the game has taken this and melted it down the cookie cutter, machined, interchangeable parts and formulas.

the game is meant to be chaotic, unpredictable, violent.

it is not meant to figure into laws of average dependent upon 1 players rating against another.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers August 3rd 2011, 12:30 am

MaddMatt wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150248565858756&set=a.117121778755.98601.75529708755&type=1&theater

lmfao what? You're right, all those 4 quarter TD's means he's not clutch. Just last year I remember:

2. Philly got a TD in the 4th down by 10? Got a penalty on the play, did the exact same route and scored another TD.
3. Scored on 4th and goal in the 4th quarter against Washington down by 5? Also scored 2 TDs in the 4th quarter.
4. Buffalo: scored with about 10 seconds left to bring it within a 2 point conversion.
5. Made GREAT catches against Tampa in the 4th quarter and OT to pretty much steal the game.

1 year doesn't decide how clutch a player is. There is also a difference between being good and being clutch. Also, your #1 is false. If he made the catch, the Lions would have won the game. Just look at the Lions schedule from last year and you can clearly see it says a LOSS!!
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark August 3rd 2011, 4:05 am

at23steelers wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150248565858756&set=a.117121778755.98601.75529708755&type=1&theater

1 year doesn't decide how clutch a player is. There is also a difference between being good and being clutch. Also, your #1 is false. If he made the catch, the Lions would have won the game. Just look at the Lions schedule from last year and you can clearly see it says a LOSS!!

The Detroit Tigers schedule from last season also says Armando Galarraga didn't throw a perfect game against the Indians on June 2nd. Wink

edit: argh..I just saw this:

"On June 2, 2011, exactly one year after the near-perfect game, Major League Baseball put a rule into effect that Joyce cannot umpire any games in which Galarraga’s team plays. Due to the book release, the two are now business partners, and this relationship could affect Joyce's impartiality while umpiring Galarraga's team. It is similar to the policy that prevents umpire Jim Wolf from being the plate umpire in games that his younger brother Randy pitches in"

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST RULE IT A PERFECT GAME AND ENACT A RULE THAT ALLOWS THINGS LIKE THIS TO BE OVER TURNED.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 3rd 2011, 4:19 am

Pintsizedjark wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

The Detroit Tigers schedule from last season also says Armando Galarraga didn't throw a perfect game against the Indians on June 2nd. Wink

"On June 2, 2011, exactly one year after the near-perfect game, Major League Baseball put a rule into effect that Joyce cannot umpire any games in which Galarraga’s team plays. Due to the book release, the two are now business partners, and this relationship could affect Joyce's impartiality while umpiring Galarraga's team. It is similar to the policy that prevents umpire Jim Wolf from being the plate umpire in games that his younger brother Randy pitches in"

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST RULE IT A PERFECT GAME AND ENACT A RULE THAT ALLOWS THINGS LIKE THIS TO BE OVER TURNED.

BURNED! Also. I don't think that will be an issue. Last I heard Gallaraga was in Triple A I believe.

AT- You don't know about bad calls. You guys are always on the good end of bad calls.

Immaculate Reception?
Super Bowl 40?
That Miami Game last year?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers August 3rd 2011, 9:56 am

MaddMatt wrote:
Pintsizedjark wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

BURNED! Also. I don't think that will be an issue. Last I heard Gallaraga was in Triple A I believe.

AT- You don't know about bad calls. You guys are always on the good end of bad calls.

Immaculate Reception?
Super Bowl 40?

The 18th inning Pirate game. Ok, people talk about those games as bad calls, but SB 40 some calls went against us. You can't prove the Immaculate Reception. Against the Cards in SB there were bad calls on both sides. I'll give you the Miami game.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 3rd 2011, 10:51 am

at23steelers wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
Pintsizedjark wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Immaculate Reception?
Super Bowl 40?

The 18th inning Pirate game. Ok, people talk about those games as bad calls, but SB 40 some calls went against us. You can't prove the Immaculate Reception. Against the Cards in SB there were bad calls on both sides. I'll give you the Miami game.

Tell me about it. There's people who say Holmes was out of bounds when he caught the FUCKING pass.

They must be blind.

He doesn't look out of bounds to me

According to Madden Megatron isn't Clutch Santonio-holmes_1251352c
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down