Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

49ers rant

+7
MyDirtyDangles
Browns
HurpDurpHurray
Soarindude02
TRU11
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
KWicK78
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

49ers rant Empty 49ers rant

Post  KWicK78 August 8th 2011, 1:01 pm

Wow.

Normally this is a time of year for optimism and bragging and bold predictions. Instead, I'm depressed because a year ago we were the undoubted, pre-crowned champs of the NFC West with a ferocious D, and a weapon-filled offense that was finally going to get it figured out.

One year later, we are arguably the worst team in the worst division in all of football. Maybe 2 players on our entire defense can make a 1v1 tackle, and we have a secondary that features star cornerback Shawntae Spencer (if you don't have Madden, you probably haven't heard of him (don't worry, you aren't missing much)). The secondary also features such upgrades as Donte Whitner and Madieu Williams. Who? Yeah, I don't know either.

Whitner was a standout at OSU before taking a paycut to go where all careers go to die, Buffalo. He was the leading tackler of the Bills D (yeah, big fucking deal), but had fewer INTs than he did years playing.

Madieu Williams, despite having a killer first name, is a soft-tackling pussy that couldn't judge a ball if he had the Terminator's heads-up-display. He bombed in both Minnesota and Cincy. That is correct. He failed on one team that features the coverage skills of Roy Williams and another team for which none of you can name the current safeties.

But it doesn't stop there. We are bringing back Alex Smith at QB for his, what, 5th second-chance. Every year it's the same story coming out of camp-- "Alex looks great; much improved" only to have the same story during the season-- "Alex Smith was booed at a home game; the crowd wanted David fucking Carr or the ball-boy. The left it up to Singletary, who promptly put Smith back in. The 49ers lost that game."

The only person who is being honest about Smith (because Smith really does suck) is Michael Crabtree. Crabtree is the re-incarnate of Terrell Owens, a talented wide-out who will undoubtedly take off to a new team as soon as he breaks out.

So to re-cap. The big pick-ups for this season are Madieu Williams, Donte Whitner, Alex Smith. Oh and Carlos Rogers, but I won't dare get going on that one.

To wrap this up, I will proceed to smash the keyboard with my face in hopes that I fall into an unconscious state and wake up in time for the 2012 draft. Thank you for your time.

h;ashgaluaghaghg'anavf; ; nv;je;bna;vbb;jeb;vei4e;ahie;lahf;ladnvchiooeowohugbbguirbrgb;gbg;gbr;;;'brg;ab;ar;bab;ibgui;a;brgbg;rab;airb;aigb;giaerbg;airb;agiabg;agb;bg;abg;aab;b;agbg;ab;agb;agb;agb;agabg;
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

49ers rant Empty Re: 49ers rant

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 8th 2011, 1:05 pm

lol, such a bleak outlook....all in all i think the 49ers will win the division this year, Whitner is pretty good, the Bills have had a Top 12 Pass Defense for a few seasons now and he was the Safety that was starter, as for Maduie Williams i cant say too much about him because i only seen him in Madden,lol....i think you will be suprised at how effective Braylon Edwards will be, especially with Crabtree on the other side and Vernon Davis at TE, i see a possible 10-6 record.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 August 8th 2011, 1:10 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:lol, such a bleak outlook....all in all i think the 49ers will win the division this year, Whitner is pretty good, the Bills have had a Top 12 Pass Defense for a few seasons now and he was the Safety that was starter, as for Maduie Williams i cant say too much about him because i only seen him in Madden,lol....i think you will be suprised at how effective Braylon Edwards will be, especially with Crabtree on the other side and Vernon Davis at TE, i see a possible 10-6 record.

That whole theory for the offense would be ok except for one glaring weakness: Alex Smith. He is sooo bad. My only hope is that Harbaugh isn't actually fooled by Smith's annual camp trickery, and that Smith is just an experienced stop-gap during the Luck Sweepstakes.

As for the secondary, I will not talk about Madieu anymore. He blows donkey dick. As for the others, without playing together and not having a summer to get used to each other, this will be a great season for any QB who wants to go deep on us.

I really liked the Braylon pickup (Michigan, baby!), but until we get a QB, it seems pointless. I have two hopes. 1. We get Luck. 2. Kaepernick becomes something more than I think he can be.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 8th 2011, 4:13 pm

i dont get why you guys let franklin go cause he was not bad up front.

also is pharleson really better thien manny ?????

but at least you got willes who can at least cover alot of ground lol.

i see him reaching 300 tackles lol.

also i think you guys should have given troy smith some more time.

dude can win games and he aint worse then alex lol.

you guys cut the wrong smith Razz
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 August 8th 2011, 4:21 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:lol, such a bleak outlook....all in all i think the 49ers will win the division this year, Whitner is pretty good, the Bills have had a Top 12 Pass Defense for a few seasons now and he was the Safety that was starter, as for Maduie Williams i cant say too much about him because i only seen him in Madden,lol....i think you will be suprised at how effective Braylon Edwards will be, especially with Crabtree on the other side and Vernon Davis at TE, i see a possible 10-6 record.

That whole theory for the offense would be ok except for one glaring weakness: Alex Smith. He is sooo bad. My only hope is that Harbaugh isn't actually fooled by Smith's annual camp trickery, and that Smith is just an experienced stop-gap during the Luck Sweepstakes.

As for the secondary, I will not talk about Madieu anymore. He blows donkey dick. As for the others, without playing together and not having a summer to get used to each other, this will be a great season for any QB who wants to go deep on us.

I really liked the Braylon pickup (Michigan, baby!), but until we get a QB, it seems pointless. I have two hopes. 1. We get Luck. 2. Kaepernick becomes something more than I think he can be.

If Kaepernick can learn the NFL Pro Offense, he will have a chance at being something. My guess is that Harbaugh is going to do whatever it takes to get Luck next year, but, Kaepernick could be decent if given a chance. The Pistol Offense is not as much as a hard change then it would be if he was a Spread QB.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 8th 2011, 4:31 pm

KWicK78 wrote:Madieu Williams, despite having a killer first name, is a soft-tackling pussy that couldn't judge a ball if he had the Terminator's heads-up-display. He bombed in both Minnesota and Cincy. That is correct. He failed on one team that features the coverage skills of Roy Williams and another team for which none of you can name the current safeties

Actually, Roy Williams was brought in after Madieu left Very Happy
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns August 8th 2011, 5:51 pm

this might just be one of the best rants ever
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 August 8th 2011, 7:41 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:Madieu Williams, despite having a killer first name, is a soft-tackling pussy that couldn't judge a ball if he had the Terminator's heads-up-display. He bombed in both Minnesota and Cincy. That is correct. He failed on one team that features the coverage skills of Roy Williams and another team for which none of you can name the current safeties

Actually, Roy Williams was brought in after Madieu left Very Happy

Oh. So they replaced Madeiu's sorry ass with Roy Williams. How comforting.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 August 8th 2011, 7:46 pm

TRU11 wrote:i dont get why you guys let franklin go cause he was not bad up front.

I think Franklin was a money thing. He held out last year for more money. I know we've franchised him before.

Manny Lawson is a huge underachiever, but he is far better than Haralson. Haralson is a 4-3 DE that can't play linebacker, yet for some reason we kept him. I have no idea why.

As for the Smith's, it doesn't matter. I don't want either. The team won games with Troy, but he was far from impressive (4tds to 3ints, I believe). We need Kaepernick to quickly or keep drafting til we find one we like.

@Soarin:

Early camp reports say that Kaepernick is struggling hard. I understand he's only really been a pro for a couple weeks (or however long), but apparently he has a llllllooooooonnnngggg way to go. Who knows if Harbaugh can get it out of him.

Goddamn, I could go on another rant...
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles August 8th 2011, 8:19 pm

I think the 9ers should trade their whole 2012 draft for the #1 overall pick and get luck if he is still the no doubt #1 pick.
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 9th 2011, 3:08 am

KWicK78 wrote:
TRU11 wrote:i dont get why you guys let franklin go cause he was not bad up front.

I think Franklin was a money thing. He held out last year for more money. I know we've franchised him before.

Manny Lawson is a huge underachiever, but he is far better than Haralson. Haralson is a 4-3 DE that can't play linebacker, yet for some reason we kept him. I have no idea why.

As for the Smith's, it doesn't matter. I don't want either. The team won games with Troy, but he was far from impressive (4tds to 3ints, I believe). We need Kaepernick to quickly or keep drafting til we find one we like.

@Soarin:

Early camp reports say that Kaepernick is struggling hard. I understand he's only really been a pro for a couple weeks (or however long), but apparently he has a llllllooooooonnnngggg way to go. Who knows if Harbaugh can get it out of him.

Goddamn, I could go on another rant...

well tbh he was just with the team.

i think if he was given the time alex had gotten troy could be a good patch till you guys find a franchise QB.

right now you guys aint going nowhere @ QB
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 August 9th 2011, 7:28 am

hahahahahaha c'mon quick. Okay maybe this can help.

5 things I'm excited for
1) Aldon Smith - If you watch the tape you'll see that Aldon could be the real deal. When you compare him to Von Miller, Miller just speed rushes all the time while Smith can do that or use his long arms to get rid of his man. Miller leaves gaps open for runs and screens. The only question I have about him is coverage since we're taking him off the line and putting him as an OLB. From what I've read, he's been giving the offense fits at training camp and blowing up pass rushing drills too.

2) The 2 TE set - We all can agree that Alex sucks but he is good at get the ball to the TEs. We have the best pair of TEs in the NFL when it comes to athleticism in VD and Delanie Walker. This new system is very TE friendly, like Raye's was except now we don't have a defensive dictator of a coach dumbing down the offensive scheme. We can actually set up plays instead of getting blindsided by "We need to run the ball" randomly getting yelled in the OC's ears.

3) A better secondary - Carlos Rogers is a better cover corner than Nate. He may not get many picks but he won't get burned as much as Nate did. Donte Whitmer is an upgrade at Safety. Add that with the more blitz happy Vic Fangio scheme and you hopefully don't get a pass defense ranked in the 20's. Now just imagine what that means when opponents are forced to run on Patrick Willis more than before.

4) The slot WR - With the addition of Edwards look at the talent we have going up against the OLB or nickleback on the 3 WR sets.
Josh Morgan, Ted Ginn, Ronald Johnson, and Zigler. Throw that in our WCO and see what you get.

5) The win-win situation - If Alex doesn't get in the team into the playoffs then we would probably be another 4-7 win team being that we're in the NFC West. That puts us in position to pick up any of the top 5 QB's next year that would have all been a better choice than any of the QBs in this past draft. (Luck, Barkley, Foles, Jones, Moore). It could also have us try Kaep out at the end of the season with a better understanding of the offense. Should Kaep actually ball out, we could grab Jayron Hosley (best CB I've seen in years) or Vontez Burfict(My pick to shut down everything in the middle w/PW) to replace Bowman.

The OL looks set if they replace Rachal with Snyder. The only thing I wished we did that we had control over was keeping Manny and Aubrayo. I'm not convinced that Sopoaga will fill in the NT spot. Manny's coverage>>>>Parys Haralson
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 9th 2011, 10:44 am

NFC West is the new power division.

It's got 4 shit teams who can all challenege for the play-offs.

What other division has that? Most seem to have 2 really good teams who get to the play offs every year and have 1 terrible team and 1 decent team who aren't quite good enough for the play-offs.

AFC East winners: Jets or Pats
AFC North winners: Steelers or Ravens
NFC East winners: Eagles or Giants
NFC West winners: Niners, Cards, Seahawks, Rams
etc
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 August 9th 2011, 11:50 am

Hey quick. Here's a practice breakdown from a guy who can be brutally honest when we suck.

http://49ersnews.com/2011/08/camp-observations-8-8-11/
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 August 15th 2011, 1:43 pm

Nef, I like the article.

It's not like there aren't any bright spots. I just see the exact same mistakes being made for the last 5+ years. I'm tired of it.

We are going to sign Culpepper. Kill me.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 15th 2011, 1:47 pm

At least you are in the NFC west,so anything can happen.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 August 15th 2011, 1:49 pm

ccdog23 wrote:At least you are in the NFC west,so anything can happen.

No... when I think optimistically like that, the 49ers organization comes to my door and pisses on my foot.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 15th 2011, 2:11 pm

I kind of feel sorry for ya KWick. You sound like a real Niner fan.

It's those fuckwits who flash the rings and act like you still got Montana or Young at QB who really try my patience.

I was on a Facebook group for awhile which was dominated by the ignorant Niner fans and I spent about 3 days patiently trying to explain theat Super Bowls they won 20 years ago has no baring on the current team other than the fact they're serial under-achievers.

I got branded a hater and kicked off the group Sad.

They even trash talked the Steeler fans who's team had more rings. The argument they came up with was that the Steelers had LOST 2 SB's whereas the Niners were undefeated....
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 August 15th 2011, 3:25 pm

KWicK78 wrote:Nef, I like the article.

It's not like there aren't any bright spots. I just see the exact same mistakes being made for the last 5+ years. I'm tired of it.

I see them too, but you can't expect a week of practice with the full squad to take away 6 years of shitty O. I'll wait til Week 3 of the regular season to pass judgement. That's 2 months to show that the future will be brighter. Don't forget, Walsh went 2-14 in his 1st season of the lowly Niners HC.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 August 21st 2011, 7:00 pm

Nef77 wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:Nef, I like the article.

I see them too, but you can't expect a week of practice with the full squad to take away 6 years of shitty O. I'll wait til Week 3 of the regular season to pass judgement. That's 2 months to show that the future will be brighter. Don't forget, Walsh went 2-14 in his 1st season of the lowly Niners HC.

See, I have faith in Harbaugh. I think he can be a great one. But it's the front office mistakes that kill me.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 21st 2011, 7:34 pm

KWicK78 wrote:But it's the front office mistakes that kill me.

Actually, I think the fans could kill you
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 August 22nd 2011, 8:58 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:

Well... not me. I would have been cheering for the home team
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 August 22nd 2011, 4:42 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:

hahahahahahaha craze u iz too funny
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 September 18th 2011, 8:53 pm

Our Secondary. Just pathetic.

I love you Niners, but sometimes... I just fucking hate the shit out of you.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 September 18th 2011, 8:55 pm

KWicK78 wrote:Our Secondary. Just pathetic.

I love you Niners, but sometimes... I just fucking hate the shit out of you.
I know what you mean Crying or Very sad
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next