Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Josh Freeman MVP?

+5
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
Pintsizedjark
CaptRCG2
Browns
MaddMatter
9 posters

Go down

Josh Freeman MVP?  Empty Josh Freeman MVP?

Post  MaddMatter August 10th 2011, 7:45 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/10/warren-sapp-josh-freeman-is-an-mvp-candidate/

I can't really argue it. I mean it seemed to me that Josh Freeman was pretty damn valuable to his team last year and a big reason they went 10-6. People forget that MVP does not mean Best Player. It's MOST VALUABLE.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Josh Freeman MVP?  Empty Re: Josh Freeman MVP?

Post  Browns August 10th 2011, 7:53 pm

Josh Freeman MVP?  1339033456
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 August 10th 2011, 7:57 pm

He gets my vote.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark August 10th 2011, 9:37 pm

he's not going to win it because he's not going to put up the best stats, and that's what the voters look for..its going to be Brady again, his offense has only gotten better.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 11th 2011, 10:39 am

Freeman is a great young QB but i dont see a MVP trophy for him anytime soon, unless of course he has a "Brady-esque" season and leads the Bucs to the Superbowl.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 August 11th 2011, 11:34 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Freeman is a great young QB but i dont see a MVP trophy for him anytime soon, unless of course he has a "Brady-esque" season and leads the Bucs to the Superbowl.
I'd have to agree with that.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 August 11th 2011, 11:57 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Freeman is a great young QB but i dont see a MVP trophy for him anytime soon, unless of course he has a "Brady-esque" season and leads the Bucs to the Superbowl.

I think the point of the story is that Freeman is on his way and very capable of having that "Brady-seque" type season. If he was in a market that was actually covered by national media, the hype around him would be HUGE. If he were playing for the Jets, he'd be the next coming of Broadway Joe. Certainly Freeman has to go out and "do it", but again the point of the article was that he might be the next great QB in the NFL. Josh Freeman MVP?  1417734282
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 11th 2011, 12:05 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:

I think the point of the story is that Freeman is on his way and very capable of having that "Brady-seque" type season. If he was in a market that was actually covered by national media, the hype around him would be HUGE. If he were playing for the Jets, he'd be the next coming of Broadway Joe. Certainly Freeman has to go out and "do it", but again the point of the article was that he might be the next great QB in the NFL. Josh Freeman MVP?  1417734282

I dont really buy the whole "media market" thing...bottomline is if your really good you WILL get noticed no matter where u play...i think Freeman will have a great season just like last, but to win that MVP he needs to step up and be extraordinary.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 11th 2011, 1:43 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:

I dont really buy the whole "media market" thing...bottomline is if your really good you WILL get noticed no matter where u play...i think Freeman will have a great season just like last, but to win that MVP he needs to step up and be extraordinary.
I agree with this. I hope he does though he's one of my favorite players.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 11th 2011, 5:25 pm

As much as I like Freeman I don't seem him being an "MVP" candidate. He has the tools to be great. I don't know if he will ever put up the numbers, but I think he will do some damage in the W/L column. Of course he needs to step up and prove it. I guess if I had to compare him to a QB, I think it might be Big Ben. Both big body guys that can get out of the pocket and make plays.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns August 11th 2011, 5:36 pm

I really don't think he has the receiving core nor offensive necessary to have a "Brady-esque" season. You could have the greatest QB of all time, but it doesn't matter if you can't protect him or catch his passes. Freeman is a potential star if he had a great supporting cast. I think the Buccaneers should have went strong at Jerricho Cotchery. I think he would have fit in very well in Tampa after being familiar with a similar situation with a young QB in New York with Mark Sanchez.
Browns
Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 August 11th 2011, 5:47 pm

MaddMatt wrote:As much as I like Freeman I don't seem him being an "MVP" candidate. He has the tools to be great. I don't know if he will ever put up the numbers, but I think he will do some damage in the W/L column. Of course he needs to step up and prove it. I guess if I had to compare him to a QB, I think it might be Big Ben. Both big body guys that can get out of the pocket and make plays.

I can see why people have reservations about a 2nd year player, but really take a look at what he did last season. Who were his weapons? Micheal Spurlock was the only receiver with more than a year experience. We had 3 or 4 rookie receivers and 2nd year wr Sammie Stroughter (7th rounder). We had only 1 guy on the o-line who finished the season where he started (Penn at LT). Aside from that he had 3 starters that went down with injury. Another one replaced by a rookie from NE's waiver line. And another one of the replacements went down with injury. At RB, we had Bount (off Tennessee's waiver line) who didn't really play until 1/2 way through the season, and a beat up Caddy. At FB, starter(Graham) was injured and replaced by a 7th round DE who was converted to FB. At TE, you had Winslow who was in and out with a bad knee all year, and then the greatness of...Ryan Purvis and John Gilmore. And it's not like he had a great defense or kicking game to rely on either. All that and the Bucs were 10-6. Not to mention he had a TD called back for offensive pass interference vs the Lions that would have likely won the game (we lost in OT). Also, the NFL apologized for that terrible call saying they messed up the call. THey also we stopped on the 1 foot line in Atlanta which would have been the game winning TD. Very easily could have been 12-4.

Really, it's very easy to underestimate the job Freeman did last season. If you weren't a Bucs fan, you likely didn't see very much of them at all, and you missed a lot of the incredible things Freeman did. And until last year, I HATED the Bucs for taking Freeman in the 1st round 2 years ago thinking he'd be a bust. Can't tell you how wrong I was, and he's now my favorite player not only for his physical skills, but because of the person/leader he is. I don't think this guy is your typical good QB. I think he's a special one who will be great.

Whether you agree or not, I really couldn't give a shit. Just saying... Cool

Go Bucs! Josh Freeman MVP?  1417734282
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 August 11th 2011, 5:55 pm

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:I really don't think he has the receiving core nor offensive necessary to have a "Brady-esque" season. You could have the greatest QB of all time, but it doesn't matter if you can't protect him or catch his passes. Freeman is a potential star if he had a great supporting cast. I think the Buccaneers should have went strong at Jerricho Cotchery. I think he would have fit in very well in Tampa after being familiar with a similar situation with a young QB in New York with Mark Sanchez.

I disagree. Wide Receiver is one of the only postion on the Offense that we don't need more depth at. The Bucs need to grab a Veteran Offensive Lineman, A Veteran Fullback, and another Tightend, and we will be fine. They don't have to be all-stars, but they have to be, in Madden terms, Late 70's/Early 80's talent. Not Super-Stars, but players that can fill in when they need to be in filled in. Trade Josh Johnson for somebody would be nice too, then get Mark Bulger back from Retirement OR pick-up Bruce Gradcowski again <3
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 11th 2011, 5:56 pm

Bucs have so much young talent their future may be the brightest in the NFL right now
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 August 11th 2011, 6:00 pm

ccdog23 wrote:Bucs have so much young talent their future may be the brightest in the NFL right now

Thanks. cat
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 11th 2011, 6:03 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:As much as I like Freeman I don't seem him being an "MVP" candidate. He has the tools to be great. I don't know if he will ever put up the numbers, but I think he will do some damage in the W/L column. Of course he needs to step up and prove it. I guess if I had to compare him to a QB, I think it might be Big Ben. Both big body guys that can get out of the pocket and make plays.

I can see why people have reservations about a 2nd year player, but really take a look at what he did last season. Who were his weapons? Micheal Spurlock was the only receiver with more than a year experience. We had 3 or 4 rookie receivers and 2nd year wr Sammie Stroughter (7th rounder). We had only 1 guy on the o-line who finished the season where he started (Penn at LT). Aside from that he had 3 starters that went down with injury. Another one replaced by a rookie from NE's waiver line. And another one of the replacements went down with injury. At RB, we had Bount (off Tennessee's waiver line) who didn't really play until 1/2 way through the season, and a beat up Caddy. At FB, starter(Graham) was injured and replaced by a 7th round DE who was converted to FB. At TE, you had Winslow who was in and out with a bad knee all year, and then the greatness of...Ryan Purvis and John Gilmore. And it's not like he had a great defense or kicking game to rely on either. All that and the Bucs were 10-6. Not to mention he had a TD called back for offensive pass interference vs the Lions that would have likely won the game (we lost in OT). Also, the NFL apologized for that terrible call saying they messed up the call. THey also we stopped on the 1 foot line in Atlanta which would have been the game winning TD. Very easily could have been 12-4.

Really, it's very easy to underestimate the job Freeman did last season. If you weren't a Bucs fan, you likely didn't see very much of them at all, and you missed a lot of the incredible things Freeman did. And until last year, I HATED the Bucs for taking Freeman in the 1st round 2 years ago thinking he'd be a bust. Can't tell you how wrong I was, and he's now my favorite player not only for his physical skills, but because of the person/leader he is. I don't think this guy is your typical good QB. I think he's a special one who will be great.

Whether you agree or not, I really couldn't give a shit. Just saying... Cool

Go Bucs! Josh Freeman MVP?  1417734282

Why did I get quoted Sad. I hate Freeman when we played him. He made to many plays against us Laughing

I also thought that the call against the Lions was BS. But I'm not complaining Twisted Evil. But what I thought was weird, was when I heard the Bucs radio announcers. They didn't seem upset with the call at all. Which shocked me.

I've said it all off season and I'll say it again though. I think the Bucs take a step back (like most teams do when they improve their Win total by a big number) then come back in 2012 and be a 11/12 win team. I believe in Freeman!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns August 11th 2011, 6:08 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:I disagree. Wide Receiver is one of the only postion on the Offense that we don't need more depth at. The Bucs need to grab a Veteran Offensive Lineman, A Veteran Fullback, and another Tightend, and we will be fine. They don't have to be all-stars, but they have to be, in Madden terms, Late 70's/Early 80's talent. Not Super-Stars, but players that can fill in when they need to be in filled in. Trade Josh Johnson for somebody would be nice too, then get Mark Bulger back from Retirement OR pick-up Bruce Gradcowski again <3
Sure you have alot of WR's but you certainly don't have a true #1 reciever IMO. I mean Spurlock and Benn are adequate but neither could get the number 1 spot on any contending NFL team. They'll do alright but no way will they put up big enough numbers to make Freeman look like an MVP.
Browns
Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy August 11th 2011, 6:12 pm

Freeman MVP? Nope.

they guy has a ton of talent. If he was on the Pats/Steelers/Jets/Any other team with a stellar/star packed offense, sure, hes got a shot.

But hes not gonna be better than Vick, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Manning, Peterson, ect... Too many huge players who put up huge numbers and are absolutely the #1 man on thier teams for a small market team QB with 10 wins to win it. lets not forget, Brady had a broken foot and won MVP and OPY with 2 losses and 4 picks all year. I just dont see Freeman putting up those numbers with the team he currently has around him. not saying he will never win it, just sayin not this year.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 August 11th 2011, 6:14 pm

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:I disagree. Wide Receiver is one of the only postion on the Offense that we don't need more depth at. The Bucs need to grab a Veteran Offensive Lineman, A Veteran Fullback, and another Tightend, and we will be fine. They don't have to be all-stars, but they have to be, in Madden terms, Late 70's/Early 80's talent. Not Super-Stars, but players that can fill in when they need to be in filled in. Trade Josh Johnson for somebody would be nice too, then get Mark Bulger back from Retirement OR pick-up Bruce Gradcowski again <3
Sure you have alot of WR's but you certainly don't have a true #1 reciever IMO. I mean Spurlock and Benn are adequate but neither could get the number 1 spot on any contending NFL team. They'll do alright but no way will they put up big enough numbers to make Freeman look like an MVP.

Aside from Mike Williams, Benn is the only one with the ability to be a number 1. Remember he was drafted 2 rounds before Williams. He was progressing and was quite impressive once he got on the field last season before the injury. Spurlock won't be a #1, but Benn could.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers August 11th 2011, 7:01 pm

Shhhhhh!!!!!! Can everyone bring this on the dl!! He's my sleeper fantasy QB! Very Happy

Edit: Ok, that sounded funny. I don't have a fantasy with him sleeping. But my Fantasy Football Sleeper QB!! Laughing Laughing
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down