Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Giant fans on Steve Smith

+7
Mutant
ccdog23
BaltRavensFan20
Thadden
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
HurpDurpHurray
PUREV3
11 posters

Go down

Giant fans on Steve Smith Empty Giant fans on Steve Smith

Post  PUREV3 August 11th 2011, 9:39 am

PUREV3
PUREV3

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Giant fans on Steve Smith Empty Re: Giant fans on Steve Smith

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 11th 2011, 9:45 am

Stay Classy Giants fans
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 11th 2011, 10:38 am

and you guys thought Giants fans werent like that? Twisted Evil ...alll in all every fanbase has people like this, just no one likes to drag thier dirty laundry out affraid
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden August 11th 2011, 1:03 pm

As I said in the other thread, he is a bit of a sellout/hypocrite. He was just trashtalking the Eagles and LeSean McCoy and now he's on our team. A bit hypocritical
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 August 11th 2011, 1:43 pm

Even if hes a sellout, it doesnt look good wishing injuries on someone. I read one guy where he said he thought Smith was a classy player and he liked him untill he went to philly, then the guy started swearing and cussing him out. Gee, that fan seemed like a real classy player himself didnt he? It just cracks me up how fans get on these sites and start cussing out players and such, like they think they really care about the fans. Most (prob 90%) players are in it for the $, they dont care about the fan. If they think they have a better chance at a SB somewhere else, or if they will get paind more somewhere else, they will leave their current team. Whatever happened to watching the game to watch the game? Where does drama have any place in the NFL? The NFL has turned into a Soap Opera.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 11th 2011, 1:44 pm

What a dumbass
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden August 11th 2011, 2:23 pm

@balt
I agree, you should never wish harm upon someone and my statement wasn't meant to validate the fans behavior. I was simply stating that some of the fans were right because he was hypocritical but I dont think its right to wish harm to someone else.
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 11th 2011, 3:53 pm

Thadden wrote:@balt
I agree, you should never wish harm upon someone and my statement wasn't meant to validate the fans behavior. I was simply stating that some of the fans were right because he was hypocritical but I dont think its right to wish harm to someone else.

It's more than just harm.

Some people are using racial and homophobic slurs.

I don't care if he's a Judas. Using racist, homophobic, and wishing bodily harm on someone is unacceptable.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 11th 2011, 5:33 pm

The guy pissed me off too. I thought he was going to stay in New York, but then he goes to their rival? Who he was trashing with poor photoshop pictures? The guy really pissed me off too, but not to the extent of me wishing him injury or using racial/homophobic slurs.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 August 11th 2011, 5:43 pm

The last one was by far the worst.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden August 11th 2011, 6:40 pm

MaddMatt wrote:The guy pissed me off too. I thought he was going to stay in New York, but then he goes to their rival? Who he was trashing with poor photoshop pictures? The guy really pissed me off too, but not to the extent of me wishing him injury or using racial/homophobic slurs.
The Eagles are the Giants designated rival but its more intense between the cowboys.
Don't get me wrong, Eagles and giants is a good rivalry but the cowboys rivalry is more intense.

Anyways, the Eagles have won the past 8 games against the giants so...
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 11th 2011, 6:43 pm

Thadden wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:The guy pissed me off too. I thought he was going to stay in New York, but then he goes to their rival? Who he was trashing with poor photoshop pictures? The guy really pissed me off too, but not to the extent of me wishing him injury or using racial/homophobic slurs.
The Eagles are the Giants designated rival but its more intense between the cowboys.
Don't get me wrong, Eagles and giants is a good rivalry but the cowboys rivalry is more intense.

Anyways, the Eagles have won the past 8 games against the giants so...
It's supposed to be cowboys vs redskins and eagles vs giants,but anyone who has watched the cowboys vs eagles the last 6 or 7 years knows that they are the biggest rivalry in the nfc east. I fucking hate the eagles.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 11th 2011, 7:01 pm

this is news? fans saying shit that some people may find offensive? amazing
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  barneyb August 11th 2011, 7:03 pm

I am a giants fan and I am certainly disappointed by the fact that Smith is leaving, and yes a little bitter that it is the eagles, but that is because the eagles are getting a quality player and not directed towards Smith himself. I can understand his reasoning behind it, coming off a serious injury which may well put your career in doubt (we all know microfractures are tough to recover from) and so when it comes to a choice between the guaranteed money that the eagles were offering and whatever the giants were offering, which was probably substantially less and incentive based, it was obvious he was going to take the money to fall back on if his career does not pick up again.

I think the reason why a lot of giants fans are so upset is it was assumed by many that he was sure to resign with the Giants and it seemed it was only a matter of time before he signed. Even Coughlin seemed optimistic a this, this is a quote from him from the same day smith signed with the eagles:

"He came in here really upbeat. The guys were excited to see him. We just have to see exactly…it’s going to be a long haul for him. Hopefully we can cut through some of that and see where it goes. That’s all I can say. He looks good though.”

It is the shock at the fact that he signed for someone else that has led to all the anger directed his way.

With some of the awful, vulgar comments threatening him, insulting him etc. I dont think you can look at this and say look how awful giants fans are in treating him like this. Every team has a small minority of fans who make the rest of the team look bad through statements like the ones shown in the article, its not only in football in life most groups have people who make them look bad. In the case of Christians there is for example groups such as the Westboro Baptist Church, who are a tiny minority voicing there awful opinions but people dont group them with all christians and say "oh look how awful all Christians are." (and admittedly this is a much more serious example but I think that the logic holds true).

Anyway, I am disappointed that we did not resign Smith, going into free agency he was probably the guy I wanted to be resigned the most, but in the end football is a business and you are not always going to be able to hold onto the players that you want, so I wish him the best and a speedy recovery.
barneyb
barneyb

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden August 11th 2011, 10:02 pm

@bpbrien
Smith was signed to a 1-year 2 million with many unlikely to be met incentives.
I think i read that in one article.

But yes good point. Tom Coughlin wanted him to stay out longer than the Eagles did. It would meet the Eagles usual plan with exception to this year. The Eagles usually get injured guys and then say "watch him he will be back just fine" and then he never ends up playing.
Examples: marlin Jackson, Stacey Andrews, etc...
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden August 11th 2011, 10:08 pm

@ccdog
Its been more than 6 or 7 years. From what I hear, it started in the 60s when a cowboys linebacker cheapshoted RB Timmy Smith and broke his leg. Since then there has been alot of other bad blooded components. For example, Michael Irvin's career-ending injury and then some pigs acting like Eagles fans clapped after the injury. I'm convinced Michael Irvin still hates the Eagles because of that.

Its a pretty big rivalry
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 11th 2011, 10:15 pm

Thadden wrote:@ccdog
Its been more than 6 or 7 years. From what I hear, it started in the 60s when a cowboys linebacker cheapshoted RB Timmy Smith and broke his leg. Since then there has been alot of other bad blooded components. For example, Michael Irvin's career-ending injury and then some pigs acting like Eagles fans clapped after the injury. I'm convinced Michael Irvin still hates the Eagles because of that.

Its a pretty big rivalry
yea but I'm talking about since our teams became the most heated rivalry in the division,it used to be cowboy and redskins even up to the early 2000s when I started watching football as a little kid. Then Roy Williams came in and decided to become the dirtiest player in the league when he played the eagles and snapped Owens ankle and I remember mcnabb got hurt by Roy the next year when he tucked him on a int return for a touchdown. Things probably peaked in that game in 08 when yall beat us by like 40 points to take the wild card spot.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden August 11th 2011, 10:39 pm

ccdog23 wrote:

Its a pretty big rivalry
yea but I'm talking about since our teams became the most heated rivalry in the division,it used to be cowboy and redskins even up to the early 2000s when I started watching football as a little kid. Then Roy Williams came in and decided to become the dirtiest player in the league when he played the eagles and snapped Owens ankle and I remember mcnabb got hurt by Roy the next year when he tucked him on a int return for a touchdown. Things probably peaked in that game in 08 when yall beat us by like 40 points to take the wild card spot.
Yeah that was a fun game. And then you spanked us twice in a row two years ago.
But then we won last year and then you narrowly defeated our backups on the final game of the season
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 11th 2011, 10:50 pm

Thadden wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:

Its a pretty big rivalry
Yeah that was a fun game. And then you spanked us twice in a row two years ago.
But then we won last year and then you narrowly defeated our backups on the final game of the season
Everytime you talk with any arrogance at all I picture you as ringo talking shit because of your icon lol.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden August 11th 2011, 11:18 pm

@ccdog
What arrogance? Very Happy

And I'm not sure Ringo is capable of talking smack
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 11th 2011, 11:30 pm

The entire NFC east has the worst fans because they are all the most spoiled fans.

The giants live in the playoffs most of the time, 3 super bowls
Redskins always land a big free agent and they have 3 super bowls
cowboys are the cowboys, 5 superbowls
eagles are the NFC version of the colts, regular season all stars and lost 1 superbowl and made 4 NFC champ games

All the fans think they are entitled or believe their team deserves who ever or what ever
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 11th 2011, 11:38 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:The entire NFC east has the worst fans because they are all the most spoiled fans.

eagles are the NFC version of the colts, regular season all stars and lost 1 superbowl and made 4 NFC champ games

All the fans think they are entitled or believe their team deserves who ever or what ever
Sad
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden August 11th 2011, 11:45 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:The entire NFC east has the worst fans because they are all the most spoiled fans.

Bad comparison, the colts have won a superbowl
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down