Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

+3
Soarindude02
TRU11
HurpDurpHurray
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great? Empty Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 15th 2011, 8:47 pm

HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great? Empty Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  TRU11 August 16th 2011, 3:21 am

real soccer fans play PES.

last fifa i played was 2000.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great? Empty Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Soarindude02 August 16th 2011, 9:57 am

TRU11 wrote:real soccer fans play PES.

No they don't. PES is garbage.

Most games have a much thicker list of "fails" then Fifa does.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 16th 2011, 11:48 am

Soarindude02 wrote:
TRU11 wrote:real soccer fans play PES.

No they don't. PES is garbage.

Most games have a much thicker list of "fails" then Fifa does.

Clearly you never had the benefit of playing PES on PS2 or original Xbox. PES 2-5 was the absolute king of soccer games.

FIFA was the garbage game back then.

Hell, FIFA didn't start "winning" the soccer video game war until FIFA 09.

And the only reason PES lost the crown was because they struggled to transfer their last-gen successes over to the current-gen.

I actually hate FIFA games. I played FIFA 11, FIFA 10, that shitty World Cup 2010 game, and FIFA 09. They piss me off. The shooting is garbage. I'd play as Man United against some crappy 2-star team, I'd have 25 shots on goal and 65% posession but I'd only score 1 fucking goal.

Then you have the fact that the other teams AI never ever foul you. You can play 10 games in a row against the CPU and you'll be lucky to see the CPU getting ONE yellow card in those 10 games. I literally cannot remember the last time I was awarded a penalty in a soccer game when playing the CPU.

FIFA is is not as "realistic" as a lot of people seem to think.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 16th 2011, 1:16 pm

lol fifa was the worst game ever.

all you had the those is give a high ball in front on the goal and press shoot 3 times and dude did an overhead kick which was an instant goal.

you could alsojust string a few tricks togheter from kick off and it was an easy goal.

PES has been king from 2000 until now.

PES is soccers 2K title.

you want realism you play PES.

You want nice graphics and arcade game play go Fifa.

Same with NBA2k and probaly every other sports title.
TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 August 16th 2011, 2:57 pm

TRU11 wrote:lol fifa was the worst game ever.

all you had the those is give a high ball in front on the goal and press shoot 3 times and dude did an overhead kick which was an instant goal.

you could alsojust string a few tricks togheter from kick off and it was an easy goal.

PES has been king from 2000 until now.

PES is soccers 2K title.

you want realism you play PES.

You want nice graphics and arcade game play go Fifa.

Same with NBA2k and probaly every other sports title.

Fifa 11, was bad. I would agree with that. The online gaming was horrible, and Career mode was horrible. I am quite glad I rented it, instead of buying it. But Fifa 10 was killer. It ripped PES to shreads. There is no arguing that. FIFA 12 should make a comeback, since they are battling for getting complete Association Soccer control. (Similar to what Madden does, Fifa is trying to do the same)

I remember watching a CPU vs CPU game on Fifa 10 I believe, and I couldn't believe how realistic it was. Some of the problems you listed were completely new to the Fifa Franchise, and I believe they will get them fixed.

PES will never take Fifa over again. They have no respect. They will never get respect. Regardless of how "good" PES 11 was over Fifa 11 (Fifa 11 sucked, so, not much to brag about) FIFA completely redid the Career mode, so you would expect them not to have it perfect. This year, they added stuff too it, and made it great again.

FIFA 12>PES 12, I am calling it.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 16th 2011, 3:13 pm

i remember fifa 96 for PS1

It was like kicking a tissue box around
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 August 16th 2011, 3:31 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:i remember fifa 96 for PS1

Cool
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 16th 2011, 3:33 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:

Cool

it was. try rolling a tissue box down a hill. thats what the ball looked like
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 August 16th 2011, 4:57 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:

Cool

That's a good idea for a Science Project.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns August 16th 2011, 6:03 pm

PES Sucks for any next gen console. Its fucking garbage.
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 16th 2011, 6:52 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:

Cool

That's a good idea for a Science Project.

could discover warp drive. all depends on what mustard we use
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns August 16th 2011, 7:06 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:could discover warp drive. all depends on what mustard we use
Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great? 5639684354_heck_no_answer_2_xlarge
Browns
Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 16th 2011, 7:47 pm

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:could discover warp drive. all depends on what mustard we use
Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great? 5639684354_heck_no_answer_2_xlarge

dont worry im a scientist. I passed both physics and chemistry with flying colors

literal flying colors, all my tests were covered in red pen. red means loves
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 17th 2011, 3:34 am

I see people still prefer nice graphics over sim style gameplay Rolling Eyes
TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns August 17th 2011, 11:36 am

WHOA SOO REALISTIC WOW
Browns
Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 17th 2011, 12:17 pm

TRU11 wrote:I see people still prefer nice graphics over sim style gameplay Rolling Eyes

Fuck that.

Everyone knows people prefer FIFA because of the licenses.

Why play as 'Man Red' with some generic uniform/kit in PES when you can play as Manchester United in their full Nike-wearing, AON-sponsoring glory?

Same reason why people prefered Madden 11 to Backbreaker.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 17th 2011, 12:30 pm

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
WHOA SOO REALISTIC WOW

FIFA 11 was just as bugged and broken, maybe even more so, and PES 10 is 2 years old.

PES 11 was much improved. Probably the best of the current-gen versions. No doubt PES 12 will be even better.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 August 17th 2011, 1:50 pm

Mutant wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
WHOA SOO REALISTIC WOW

FIFA 11 was just as bugged and broken, maybe even more so, and PES 10 is 2 years old.

PES 11 was much improved. Probably the best of the current-gen versions. No doubt PES 12 will be even better.

I think that's completely false. Fifa 12 is going to come back strong. They know they have to improve, so they can get the Official Licence. Thus getting rid of PES completely. I hate saying this but, I don't see the need to get PES so I can play with "Fake" teams, just so I can get some game play that really isint that much greater then Fifa. Last year, Fifa had an off year. But if we go back to Fifa 09, it wasn't even close.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 17th 2011, 3:16 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
WHOA SOO REALISTIC WOW

I think that's completely false. Fifa 12 is going to come back strong. They know they have to improve, so they can get the Official Licence. Thus getting rid of PES completely. I hate saying this but, I don't see the need to get PES so I can play with "Fake" teams, just so I can get some game play that really isint that much greater then Fifa. Last year, Fifa had an off year. But if we go back to Fifa 09, it wasn't even close.

So you want another Madden?

You want to get rid of the competition so that FIFA become the new Madden - all the licenses and shit but the developers become lazy and complacent?

NBA Live/Elite, NHL 2K, PES = all competition who keep the big developers of the games on their toes.

Madden, Tiger Woods = control all the exclusive rights for the sport meaning they have no competition to help them improve, thus both franchises suck.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 17th 2011, 3:44 pm

Mutant wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
WHOA SOO REALISTIC WOW

You want to get rid of the competition so that FIFA become the new Madden - all the licenses and shit but the developers become lazy and complacent?

NBA Live/Elite, NHL 2K, PES = all competition who keep the big developers of the games on their toes.

Madden, Tiger Woods = control all the exclusive rights for the sport meaning they have no competition to help them improve, thus both franchises suck.

It's true but NHL 2K is barely any competition lol. They are strictly for the Wii now
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 17th 2011, 3:47 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
Mutant wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
WHOA SOO REALISTIC WOW

It's true but NHL 2K is barely any competition lol. They are strictly for the Wii now

Yeah I know. But in past years (before NHL 2K11) they kept EA NHL on their toes even though NHL 2K was the much inferior game.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 17th 2011, 3:56 pm

lol @ americans talking real football.

sad to see that you guys act like you know what you talking about.

unlike the NFL EA cant buy all licenses to make PES go away.

there are to many partys that have to be accounted for lmao.

dumbest comment by far.

official license ???

which would that be???

Fifa association license ???
UEFA license???
FIFpro license??
How about licenses for every league that are hold by their respective countries national football associations and players unions ???

Also im glad there is a good dedicated PES community who fixes those kits and has their own options files containing the right names and stuff for all teams. Who needs official stuff lol.
ive been at it this way since PS1 days lol.

TBH some messed up names have some sentimential value Razz

also italian, dutch , french and spanish leagues are fully repesented in PES along with some UK and other teams.

BTW i never knew you guys where EA fanboys.

very dissapointing to say the least.
TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 17th 2011, 4:07 pm

TRU11 wrote:lol @ americans talking real football.

sad to see that you guys act like you know what you talking about.

unlike the NFL EA cant buy all licenses to make PES go away.

there are to many partys that have to be accounted for lmao.

dumbest comment by far.

official license ???

which would that be???

Fifa association license ???
UEFA license???
FIFpro license??
How about licenses for every league that are hold by their respective countries national football associations and players unions ???

Also im glad there is a good dedicated PES community who fixes those kits and has their own options files containing the right names and stuff for all teams. Who needs official stuff lol.
ive been at it this way since PS1 days lol.

TBH some messed up names have some sentimential value Razz

also italian, dutch , french and spanish leagues are fully repesented in PES along with some UK and other teams.

BTW i never knew you guys where EA fanboys.

very dissapointing to say the least.

Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great? Tell-em-why-u-mad-son-tell-em-why-u-mad-thumb
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns August 17th 2011, 4:10 pm

I aint no EA Fanboy. Madden sucked last year, and NBA Live is a joke, but I like FIFA. Sue me.
Browns
Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next