Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Bucs Blacked Out Week 1

+3
Thadden
Mutant
MaddMatter
7 posters

Go down

Bucs Blacked Out Week 1  Empty Bucs Blacked Out Week 1

Post  MaddMatter September 2nd 2011, 2:29 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/02/blackout-coming-bucs-not-even-close-to-week-1-sellout/

They SHOULD be able to sell out every game. Hell they got a young team up and coming and they can't sell out? And no offense I don't want to hear about the economy bullshit. Because Detroit sold out 7 of 8 last year.

It's kind of sad in a way. The Bucs deserve better and the die hards like Capt deserve better.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Bucs Blacked Out Week 1  Empty Re: Bucs Blacked Out Week 1

Post  Mutant September 2nd 2011, 2:37 pm

Was just about to post this.

What the fuck is with Bucs fans? Are they fickle or something?

They had 8/8 blacked out games last season. And that's only after one poor season.

Don't give me any crap about the recession because the resession effected everyone, not just Tampa Bay.

If this black out shit continues, the only game Soarin and Capt will see Live is the freaking Wembley game which is pathetic. Trust me, they'll be more Steeler and Colt fans at Wembley than there will be of Bucs fans.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden September 2nd 2011, 6:41 pm

Mutant wrote:Was just about to post this.

They had 8/8 blacked out games last season. And that's only after one poor season.

Don't give me any crap about the recession because the resession effected everyone, not just Tampa Bay.

If this black out shit continues, the only game Soarin and Capt will see Live is the freaking Wembley game which is pathetic. Trust me, they'll be more Steeler and Colt fans at Wembley than there will be of Bucs fans.
I'll see more buc games than they will
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 3rd 2011, 12:00 pm

Thadden wrote:
Mutant wrote:Was just about to post this.

I'll see more buc games than they will

So will I probably.

There was at least 3 on last season. One being the Rams game were the stadium was bare naked and devoid of fans.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 3rd 2011, 12:21 pm

I think more of the question is what is wrong with the fans in Florida.... or the lack there of. The Marlins barely get any fans to show up, same can be said about the Rays. Panthers can't get many fans but they haven't been good in a long while. Even the Jaguars suffer from lack of fans don't they?
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 3rd 2011, 12:31 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:I think more of the question is what is wrong with the fans in Florida.... or the lack there of. The Marlins barely get any fans to show up, same can be said about the Rays. Panthers can't get many fans but they haven't been good in a long while. Even the Jaguars suffer from lack of fans don't they?

LOL why does Florida even have a hockey team? That ice has to be shit!

But Hurp raises a good point, It seems like the only consistent big crowds are at Florida State and Florida football.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden September 3rd 2011, 2:36 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:I think more of the question is what is wrong with the fans in Florida.... or the lack there of. The Marlins barely get any fans to show up, same can be said about the Rays. Panthers can't get many fans but they haven't been good in a long while. Even the Jaguars suffer from lack of fans don't they?

LOL why does Florida even have a hockey team? That ice has to be shit!

But Hurp raises a good point, It seems like the only consistent big crowds are at Florida State and Florida football.
The problem is that fans from other teams move there, they already are loyal to their team. The area is also just more of a college football area
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 September 3rd 2011, 8:30 pm

Really disappointing that the Bucs will be blacked out. Then again it will make easier for y'all to see me on tv! When they are kicking into the south end zone, I'll be on the aisle off to the right of the goal post about 8 rows up. I'll either have a Red #5 Freeman jersey or a red #20 Barber jersey. I don't know if my boys can handle the heat of a 1:00pm game in early September, but if they go, they'll be in white #5 Freeman jerseys.

Anyone who wants to come to Tampa and join me, I've got 3 tickets! Smile Bucs Blacked Out Week 1  1417734282
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 3rd 2011, 11:46 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:Really disappointing that the Bucs will be blacked out. Then again it will make easier for y'all to see me on tv! When they are kicking into the south end zone, I'll be on the aisle off to the right of the goal post about 8 rows up. I'll either have a Red #5 Freeman jersey or a red #20 Barber jersey. I don't know if my boys can handle the heat of a 1:00pm game in early September, but if they go, they'll be in white #5 Freeman jerseys.

Anyone who wants to come to Tampa and join me, I've got 3 tickets! Smile Bucs Blacked Out Week 1  1417734282

That'd be super awesome. Too bad gas is expensive lol.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 September 3rd 2011, 11:48 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:Really disappointing that the Bucs will be blacked out. Then again it will make easier for y'all to see me on tv! When they are kicking into the south end zone, I'll be on the aisle off to the right of the goal post about 8 rows up. I'll either have a Red #5 Freeman jersey or a red #20 Barber jersey. I don't know if my boys can handle the heat of a 1:00pm game in early September, but if they go, they'll be in white #5 Freeman jerseys.

Then walk?
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 3rd 2011, 11:52 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Then walk?

I would have had to start walking a couple of days ago. Hell I think the average person walks about 4 MPH right? 4x 24= 96, 96X7= 672....... I can't make it. Because I'm prettttttty sure Tampa is more than 672 miles from Detroit.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 4th 2011, 6:40 am

MaddMatt wrote:

Expensive?

Come off it. $4 a gallon isn't expensive.

Try living in England were petrol is £1.85 a LITRE.

1 litres = 3.55 US gallons

1 litre of British priced gas = $3

1 gallon of British priced gas = $10

So using British gas prices you'll be paying over $10 a gallon just to fill your car up. Gas is ceaper in America that you realise.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 September 4th 2011, 8:23 am

Well the whole south is basically a giant college football area, so thats most likely why right there, that the NFL teams dont get any love down there.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 4th 2011, 11:49 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Well the whole south is basically a giant college football area, so thats most likely why right there, that the NFL teams dont get any love down there.

Where would that leave Texas then?

Or is Texas a big football region as a whole rather than just college/high school?

Cowboys and Oilers/Texans have always had big support.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 September 4th 2011, 12:00 pm

Mutant wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Where would that leave Texas then?

Or is Texas a big football region as a whole rather than just college/high school?

Cowboys and Oilers/Texans have always had big support.

Well, I was watching a show on History Channel like last week, and it spoke about all the traditions, and such of the South. It showed how things got started and such. But they had a whole short segment on how College football is like a religion to them down south. The show didnt collaborate on Texas being in the South though. They mainly talked about Viginia, W Virginia, Tenne, Georgia, N & S Carolina, I think Florida, Lousianna, and those other surrounding states. It just seems like that little southern corner of the US isnt a big NFL area period.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 4th 2011, 12:37 pm

Mutant wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Expensive?

Come off it. $4 a gallon isn't expensive.

Try living in England were petrol is £1.85 a LITRE.

1 litres = 3.55 US gallons

1 litre of British priced gas = $3

1 gallon of British priced gas = $10

So using British gas prices you'll be paying over $10 a gallon just to fill your car up. Gas is ceaper in America that you realise.

WOW we pay like $1.30 for a litre up here! I feel bad for you
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down