Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Manning Out For Season?

+6
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
PhantomReturns93
TRU11
EPICxPENGUIN69
HurpDurpHurray
MaddMatter
10 posters

Go down

Manning Out For Season?  Empty Manning Out For Season?

Post  MaddMatter September 7th 2011, 9:03 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/07/indy-radio-host-says-manning-will-miss-entire-season/

Man that would be weird not seeing Manning with the Colts.....just weird.

Last edited by MaddMatt on September 8th 2011, 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Manning Out For Season?  Empty Re: Manning Out For Season?

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 7th 2011, 9:39 pm

LOL WUT?! Then the Colts are going 4-12
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 8th 2011, 1:59 am

ESPN is making way to big a deal out of his starts streak.

one person i forget, not an anylyst but one of the anchors, "cant help but think missing a game with hurt his legacy dont you think?"

what? dude 208 straight regular season starts...wtf else do you want from him. he isnt brett favre, there wont ever be another brett farve, his isnt coming out of retirement, they need a reason to bring him up
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 September 8th 2011, 6:11 am

they trying to get luck to succeed manning eventually Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 September 8th 2011, 11:27 am

TRU11 wrote:they trying to get luck to succeed manning eventually Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

This is all part of the Colts' long term plan to dominate for another decade.

1. Get Manning injured, out for year
2. Go 0-16 under Curtis Painter/Kerry Collins
3. Get #1 overall pick, draft Andrew Luck
4. Have Luck study under Manning for 3-4 years
5. Luck becomes Manning clone and Colts remain at the same level of dominance for another 15-20 years
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 8th 2011, 11:35 am

There was a Thread on the EA Forums about a month before the Draft asking if the Colts should be looking to Draft Mannings replacement, i voted YES and said they should take Mallet in the 2nd, everyone jumped my shit saying i was stupid and Manning isnt going anywhere for 5 years blah blah blah....i guess i was the only one that was right Razz
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 September 8th 2011, 11:44 am

Jim Irsay: Peyton Manning "out awhile"

Steelers schedule:
2 wins v Browns
2 wins v Bengals
1 win v Ravens
4 wins against NFC West
1 win against Chiefs
1 win against Manning-less Colts
wins against Titans and Jaguars
Losses against Patriots, Ravens and maybe Texans (but I think we'll beat Houston)

13-3 easily
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 September 8th 2011, 5:17 pm

apparently now NFL.com is reporting he had anoither surgery today....yep....hes out for the season..... I think here begins peytons downfall....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy September 8th 2011, 6:11 pm

2 things....

1 - What does this say about Indy as an organization that when one of thier major players goes down they hit the panic button and run for a 50 yr old (Ok I know hes not 50) Kerry Collins?

2 - Does this take "Game time" away from or add to his (Peyton) career? As in do you think this takes a yr away from him in the end or is it a good thing to re-coup for a year possibly adding more time to his career?

Personally Im torn. I cant stand Manning. Either one for that matter. But the quality of games goes down when you lose a player of his caliber.

At the same time I dont have to worry about him and his shitty attitude (yelling at his team mates and blaming everyone but himself for his own fuk ups) all over ESPN every monday morning.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 8th 2011, 6:21 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:

Personally Im torn. I cant stand Manning. Either one for that matter. But the quality of games goes down when you lose a player of his caliber.

At the same time I dont have to worry about him and his shitty attitude (yelling at his team mates and blaming everyone but himself for his own fuk ups) all over ESPN every monday morning.

kinda like what Dan Marino used to do when he had a bad game or threw a INT Laughing ...i hated Marino when he played for the Fins but i had a ton of respect for the guy cause he was dangerous any place on the field, even with limited time and zero timeouts...if this is the end for Manning I will be happy and sad at the same time..

Happy cause one of the AFC's powerhouses will be diminished
Sad cause he is definetly one of the Top 3 QBs of All Time, players like him dont come around every day

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 8th 2011, 6:31 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:apparently now NFL.com is reporting he had anoither surgery today....yep....hes out for the season..... I think here begins the Colts downfall....

Fixed it for you... The Colts aren't doing anything if Peyton isn't under center. They just don't have the team that can win the division without Peyton. Now it's Houston's division to lose
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 September 8th 2011, 6:53 pm

If Houston doesn't win that division this year they deserve to be moved to Los Angeles
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 8th 2011, 6:59 pm

HOKIESRAWESUM93 wrote:If Houston doesn't win that division this year they deserve to be moved to Los Angeles

cheers bounce cheers Basketball drunken geek (.)(.) /-/ Manning Out For Season?  2545945474 Manning Out For Season?  3056067993 Manning Out For Season?  4020398583 Manning Out For Season?  3657739657
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 September 8th 2011, 7:00 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:apparently now NFL.com is reporting he had anoither surgery today....yep....hes out for the season..... I think here begins the Colts downfall....

Fixed it for you... The Colts aren't doing anything if Peyton isn't under center. They just don't have the team that can win the division without Peyton. Now it's Houston's division to lose

ha ha, thanks I forgot about how the colts dont have any other players to carry them besides manning...
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 8th 2011, 7:16 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

ha ha, thanks I forgot about how the colts dont have any other players to carry them besides manning...

Well who will? Joseph Addai? Kerry Collins? It's good that they have players like Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark but who's going to lead them? I don't have faith in Collins. And the Colts don't exactly have a sparkling defense either. Two great defensive ends yes. But they loss Kalvin Hayden, who I thought did a great job when he was healthy and don't forget that Bob Sanders is gone now.

It's Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Gary Brackett and Antoine Bethea on defense. After that, all questions.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 8th 2011, 9:34 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

Well who will? Joseph Addai? Kerry Collins? It's good that they have players like Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark but who's going to lead them? I don't have faith in Collins. And the Colts don't exactly have a sparkling defense either. Two great defensive ends yes. But they loss Kalvin Hayden, who I thought did a great job when he was healthy and don't forget that Bob Sanders is gone now.

It's Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Gary Brackett and Antoine Bethea on defense. After that, all questions.

dont put all your eggs in one basket. peyton getting paid 18 million is a pay cut, thats still a giant cut of cap. id rather have a team that is well rounded not awesome in 1 thing and ok or shit in everything else. equilibrium is the key
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 9th 2011, 10:41 am

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

dont put all your eggs in one basket. peyton getting paid 18 million is a pay cut, thats still a giant cut of cap. id rather have a team that is well rounded not awesome in 1 thing and ok or shit in everything else. equilibrium is the key

Without Manning they're not a rounded team.

He was pretty much their OC and was the lynchpin of their unique "no huddle offense".

They haven't just lost their QB they've lost their Field General, a guy who can lead the team to vitory after being down 24-10 at the start of the 4th Qtr.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 9th 2011, 10:46 am

Mutant wrote:

He was pretty much their OC and was the lynchpin of their unique "no huddle offense".

They haven't just lost their QB they've lost their Field General, a guy who can lead the team to vitory after being down 24-10 at the start of the 4th Qtr.

agreed 100%...it doesnt even matter who the coach is of the Colts, as long as Manning is under Center he is/was the guy calling the shots for them
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 September 9th 2011, 3:36 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
Mutant wrote:

agreed 100%...it doesnt even matter who the coach is of the Colts, as long as Manning is under Center he is/was the guy calling the shots for them

Exactly why they have the coach they have now. Who da fuq is he?
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 9th 2011, 4:16 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
Mutant wrote:

Exactly why they have the coach they have now. Who da fuq is he?

lol i hear that man, i can gaurentee you that whoever he is doesnt even attempt to tell Manning what to do, his job is just to stand on the sideline with Colts attire on and look important ( and he really doesnt do that very well either) ...

Manning Out For Season?  Caldwell
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down