Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Week 1 QBR

+5
HurpDurpHurray
Nef77
EPICxPENGUIN69
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MaddMatter
9 posters

Go down

Week 1 QBR Empty Week 1 QBR

Post  MaddMatter September 12th 2011, 9:16 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6943920/nfl-week-1-total-qbr-leaders

STAFFORDS AT THREE SUCK IT BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Week 1 QBR Empty Re: Week 1 QBR

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 12th 2011, 9:22 pm

another set of useless stats jargon...the only stat i care about is the W
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 12th 2011, 9:27 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:another set of useless stats jargon...the only stat i care about is the W

yup. why dont running backs or offensive linemen have a rating system. its stupid. the passer rating was put in place to measure of all things passing...not a whole fucking position. football is one of the few sports where stats dont matter. games can be decided so many different way you really depend on the bounce of the ball. its a crazy game and ESPN has killed the game for hardcore fans
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 12th 2011, 9:37 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:another set of useless stats jargon...the only stat i care about is the W

yup. why dont running backs or offensive linemen have a rating system. its stupid. the passer rating was put in place to measure of all things passing...not a whole fucking position. football is one of the few sports where stats dont matter. games can be decided so many different way you really depend on the bounce of the ball. its a crazy game and ESPN has killed the game for hardcore fans

I like stats so I think it's kind of interesting, but still. It doesn't mean shit if you don't get the W.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 September 12th 2011, 9:39 pm

Does it really matter that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the leader of this retarded stat?
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 12th 2011, 9:43 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:

I like stats so I think it's kind of interesting, but still. It doesn't mean shit if you don't get the W.

stats do play a roll, but listen. stats do not make the game and the game dont make the stats. example. the steelers ravens game. a turnover now equals a 14 point swing. if that were true the ravens would have won 70-7

also, its averages. just because you average 160+ yards does not mean you get that automatically. you have a scrub team and you get like 240 and then you play the steelers and ravens and you average out to 160

tom brady. had 3900 yards, 36 tds, 4 ints. mind you 87 percent of his throws were behind the line of scrimmage to 10 yards down field, the lack of ints should not be that impressive

stats are nice and stuff but they are more exceptions to rules instead of the rule
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 12th 2011, 9:57 pm

Nef77 wrote:Does it really matter that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the leader of this retarded stat?

Yo that man is a boss apparently! Why the fuck did the Bengals let him go?!
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 12th 2011, 10:14 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:

stats do play a roll, but listen. stats do not make the game and the game dont make the stats. example. the steelers ravens game. a turnover now equals a 14 point swing. if that were true the ravens would have won 70-7

also, its averages. just because you average 160+ yards does not mean you get that automatically. you have a scrub team and you get like 240 and then you play the steelers and ravens and you average out to 160

tom brady. had 3900 yards, 36 tds, 4 ints. mind you 87 percent of his throws were behind the line of scrimmage to 10 yards down field, the lack of ints should not be that impressive

stats are nice and stuff but they are more exceptions to rules instead of the rule

Oh yeah, you can never (always?) use stats in an argument because there are ALWAYS two sides to the stats. Stats really don't mean shit, but it's just fun to talk about in my opinion.

The only sport where stats are useful is Baseball.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 13th 2011, 5:57 am

Somewhat ironic that you've been bashing ESPN for weeks and are now suddenly happy the Stafford is in the Top 3 in a QBR list using the same ESPN logic that you thought was "fucking retarded" not a few weeks ago.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 13th 2011, 9:50 am

Mutant wrote:Somewhat ironic that you've been bashing ESPN for weeks and are now suddenly happy the Stafford is in the Top 3 in a QBR list using the same ESPN logic that you thought was "fucking retarded" not a few weeks ago.

OH SHIT HE GOT YOU GOOD!
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles September 13th 2011, 10:54 am

Mutant wrote:Somewhat ironic that you've been bashing ESPN for weeks and are now suddenly happy the Stafford is in the Top 3 in a QBR list using the same ESPN logic that you thought was "fucking retarded" not a few weeks ago.

Week 1 QBR Whats_going_on_in_this_thread_aw_sh
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 13th 2011, 11:12 am

MaddMatt wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:

Oh yeah, you can never (always?) use stats in an argument because there are ALWAYS two sides to the stats. Stats really don't mean shit, but it's just fun to talk about in my opinion.

The only sport where stats are useful is Baseball.

baseball is a team sport that is actually an individual sport. football is such a weird sport that stats do mean something ESPN and other people have turned them into a monster. this QBR doesnt make sense, the lack of a rating for other positions, and the fact offensive linemen, defensive players dont have accurate stats is weird. they are interesting to talk about "oh did you see the lions are leading the NFL is TO/TA % in the 4th quarter" type stuff is fine but to build a whole system to rate a position is retarded
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 13th 2011, 2:11 pm

Really? You sure I said that?
https://sporting-world.forumotion.com/t941-new-qb-formula

Cause it looks like to me I say "It'll be interesting to see how it works."

Oh and if were serious about Stafford being top three why would I have put all the "Laughing's?" How many times have I posted to brag about my team? I posted it to show you guys the QBR rating then joked about Stafford being top 3.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 13th 2011, 3:01 pm

MaddMatt wrote:

Oh and if were serious about Stafford being top three why would I have put all the "Laughing's?" How many times have I posted to brag about my team? I posted it to show you guys the QBR rating then joked about Stafford being top 3.

Not that thread. In the ESPN bashing thread.

But come to think of it, it might have been Epic who said that.

Looked to me like you were bragging. Laughing and Very Happy look pretty identical to me.

"LOOK STAFFORD IS #3! [big grinning smiliey]" is how I read it.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 13th 2011, 3:42 pm

Mutant wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Looked to me like you were bragging. Laughing and Very Happy look pretty identical to me.

now youre talking shit about me? banned
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 September 13th 2011, 4:49 pm

MaddMatt wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6943920/nfl-week-1-total-qbr-leaders

STAFFORDS AT THREE SUCK IT BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually now hes at 4....thanks to Tom Brady *waits for the Tom Brady hate message*
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 13th 2011, 8:58 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

now youre talking shit about me? banned

You have won a +1 street cred for that, sir
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  legendkiller716 September 14th 2011, 12:09 am

Ryan Fitzpatrick #1!!!!! Lets see if he can do it against a good secondary, then maybe I won't want Andrew Luck.

Stafford knocked down to #4. Tom "Fuckin'" Brady.
legendkiller716
legendkiller716

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down