Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Sapp on Steelers.." ITS OVER"

4 posters

Go down

Sapp on Steelers.." ITS OVER" Empty Sapp on Steelers.." ITS OVER"

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 22nd 2011, 7:18 pm

I kinda agree with warren sapp here, the Steelers looked awful playing the Ravens in week 1 and got alot of hype for beating a bad Seahawks team, how much luckier can they get to face the Colts this wek WITHOUT Manning? Tick Tock Steelers, TICK TOCK BITCHES!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82278745/article/sapp-on-steelers-this-group-of-players-is-coming-down?module=HP11_headline_stack
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Sapp on Steelers.." ITS OVER" Empty Re: Sapp on Steelers.." ITS OVER"

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 22nd 2011, 7:23 pm

it is the oline and secondary
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 September 22nd 2011, 7:27 pm

Honestly, it's because of our stubbornness to pull the vets when theyre past their prime, we have young capable players ready to take over at a lot of positions that would instantly be an upgrade right now (Hood over Aaron Smith, Keenan Lewis over Bryant Mcfadden, Curtis Brown over William Gay, Stevenson Sylvester over James Farrior) but Tomlin/LeBeau refuse to let them play until the vets retire and its starting to hurt the team....I mean Im sure you can say theyre unproven and all that but at least in the case of Hood/Smith there is absolutely no reason Aaron Smith should still be starting over Ziggy Hood except for his "honor" or some bs, but its quite obvious now that Hood is the better option.

The Oline has always been awful and we win with it anyway, Hines is still just as good as he's been the past few years so I really don't see where the concern is there, and it's not like there aren't other receivers here that Hines is critical in the offense anyway.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 22nd 2011, 7:39 pm

HOKIESRAWESUM93 wrote:Honestly, it's because of our stubbornness to pull the vets when theyre past their prime, we have young capable players ready to take over at a lot of positions that would instantly be an upgrade right now (Hood over Aaron Smith, Keenan Lewis over Bryant Mcfadden, Curtis Brown over William Gay, Stevenson Sylvester over James Farrior) but Tomlin/LeBeau refuse to let them play until the vets retire and its starting to hurt the team....I mean Im sure you can say theyre unproven and all that but at least in the case of Hood/Smith there is absolutely no reason Aaron Smith should still be starting over Ziggy Hood except for his "honor" or some bs, but its quite obvious now that Hood is the better option.

The Oline has always been awful and we win with it anyway, Hines is still just as good as he's been the past few years so I really don't see where the concern is there, and it's not like there aren't other receivers here that Hines is critical in the offense anyway.

thats very well said, i agree with your statement 100% ...the Steelers need to start using these younger guys they drafted a couple seasons back, or else they wont have any game experience when the old timers walk away
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 22nd 2011, 8:14 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
HOKIESRAWESUM93 wrote:Honestly, it's because of our stubbornness to pull the vets when theyre past their prime, we have young capable players ready to take over at a lot of positions that would instantly be an upgrade right now (Hood over Aaron Smith, Keenan Lewis over Bryant Mcfadden, Curtis Brown over William Gay, Stevenson Sylvester over James Farrior) but Tomlin/LeBeau refuse to let them play until the vets retire and its starting to hurt the team....I mean Im sure you can say theyre unproven and all that but at least in the case of Hood/Smith there is absolutely no reason Aaron Smith should still be starting over Ziggy Hood except for his "honor" or some bs, but its quite obvious now that Hood is the better option.

thats very well said, i agree with your statement 100% ...the Steelers need to start using these younger guys they drafted a couple seasons back, or else they wont have any game experience when the old timers walk away

I thought James Farrior's role has diminished this year? I thought he is splitting time this year and the Steelers said he wasn't going to play a whole lot of snaps this season?
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 September 22nd 2011, 11:47 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

I thought James Farrior's role has diminished this year? I thought he is splitting time this year and the Steelers said he wasn't going to play a whole lot of snaps this season?

Yeah but the problem is he's splitting time with Larry Foote, not Sylvester. Sylvester (drafted in 2010) has been an absolute beast every time he sees the field, especially on special teams and in preseason, and a lot of people think he's ready to take over, but yet he's still 4th on the ILB depth chart. I get that maybe he shouldn't be starting full time yet but when you have a guy like that who looks ready to make the next step, I don't get why he isn't rotated part time with the aging vet in his second year rather than the other aging vet who isn't helping much.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum