Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Tubb's blog

Go down

Tubb's blog Empty Tubb's blog

So to start it off even though all you fruit cakes know me decently well, i'm a diehard Seattle Seahawks fan and a video game fan...

This place is going to be where i share video game stuffs that I like, if you want me to talk about a game or team i dont care for then tough shit go elsewhere for that crap.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Tubb's blog :: Comments

tubbs51

Post October 6th 2011, 3:21 am  tubbs51

RIP Steve Jobs

Sadly the Tech Icon and founder of Apple has passed away due to cancer. He's changed this world for forever. Most people have come in contact with one of Jobs' businesses or products. He's single handedly influenced how we communicate with others. He will be sorely missed.

Back to top Go down

Mutant

Post October 6th 2011, 10:06 am  Mutant

[quote="tubbs51"]RIP Steve Jobs

Sadly the Tech Icon and founder of Apple has passed away due to cancer. He's changed this world for forever. Most people have come in contact with one of Jobs' businesses or products. [b]He's single handedly influenced how we communicate with others[/b]. He will be sorely missed.[/quote]

How did he do that? He didn't invent social media or the Internet or the telephone

Touchscreen "smartphones" were around for a good 1-2 years before the iPhone came out - at least in Europe which owned the cell phone market before the iPhone (Siemens, Motorola, Nokia, Sony Ericsson - all European).

He did invent affordable PC's that everyone could buy. But that was in 1982 or something. Have you seen the cost of a Mac or MacBook these days? It's like £1,500. That's a hell of a lot of money for something that's nothing more than a processor and operating system in a box and stamped with the Apple logo.

I'm not trying to take away his successes, I just wish people would be a bit more realisitc when talking about what he achieved. He was a great inventor who modernised and made better what we already had, but he didn"single-handedly" do anything.

Back to top Go down

BaltRavensFan20

Post October 6th 2011, 6:23 pm  BaltRavensFan20

Mutant wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:RIP Steve Jobs

Sadly the Tech Icon and founder of Apple has passed away due to cancer. He's changed this world for forever. Most people have come in contact with one of Jobs' businesses or products. He's single handedly influenced how we communicate with others. He will be sorely missed.

How did he do that? He didn't invent social media or the Internet or the telephone

Touchscreen "smartphones" were around for a good 1-2 years before the iPhone came out - at least in Europe which owned the cell phone market before the iPhone (Siemens, Motorola, Nokia, Sony Ericsson - all European).

He did invent affordable PC's that everyone could buy. But that was in 1982 or something. Have you seen the cost of a Mac or MacBook these days? It's like £1,500. That's a hell of a lot of money for something that's nothing more than a processor and operating system in a box and stamped with the Apple logo.

I'm not trying to take away his successes, I just wish people would be a bit more realisitc when talking about what he achieved. He was a great inventor who modernised and made better what we already had, but he didn"single-handedly" do anything.

You just said it, if Jobs hadnt made it better who would have? Who would have competed with microsoft? Would microsoft have made their computers better if they didnt have apple to compete with? For all you know, we could all be using crappy computers right now if Jobs hadnt innovated the computer market. Im not saying he did alot of stuff, but you have to think between the lines, on WHAT he influenced and the domino effect of if he hadnt influenced it....

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum