Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

To People Outside of Detroit/Michigan

Go down

To People Outside of Detroit/Michigan Empty To People Outside of Detroit/Michigan

Shut the fuck up. Seriously. Do you know how sick it makes me whenever I turn on a game and here this phrase:
"What will this do for the city of Detroit?"

Ok we fucking get it. Detroit was/is one of the worst cities for unemployment. WE KNOW. We don't want your fucking pity, we're Detroit damnit. It just frustrates me when I turn on the Tigers game and they say:
"Tigers are in the playoffs and the Lions are off to a good start, WOW just think what that's doing for the city of Detroit."

Dude just shut the fuck up. NO BODY here likes when you guys say that. It actually pisses us off. Me and my brother make fun of you guys all the time for saying that shit.
"Ay man I just took a shit!"
"BRO, what will that do for the city of Detroit?"
*both laugh*

It's a joke, and whats more of a joke is you mother fuckers said it 2 years ago to. I can't remember how many times I heard the "What will this do for Detroit" phrase in game 163 against Minnesota.

So please, STOP IT.

/Rant
MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

To People Outside of Detroit/Michigan :: Comments

HurpDurpHurray

Post October 5th 2011, 8:33 pm  HurpDurpHurray

But what will this do for Detroit?

Back to top Go down

Browns

Post October 5th 2011, 8:35 pm  Browns

HurpDurpHurray wrote:But what will this do for Detroit?

Back to top Go down

ccdog23

Post October 5th 2011, 8:50 pm  ccdog23

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:But what will this do for Detroit?

Back to top Go down

EPICxPENGUIN69

Post October 6th 2011, 12:48 am  EPICxPENGUIN69

no sports event or shit unless it bring in jobs and shit will change the city. the detroit lions being 4-0 is NOT cranking up fucking factories. the tigers in the playoff is not bring people into the ghost town district. shit changes but not because of sports, changing shit affects sports.

Back to top Go down

Mutant

Post October 6th 2011, 7:28 am  Mutant

Epic said it right.

Sport doesn't do shit for the economy. Sport doesn't give jobs just because one team is doing well.

Bill Gates isn't going to say "Well the Lions and Tigers are playing well. I know! I'll open a new factory making Microsoft shit. That will generate 10,000 new jobs!"

Back to top Go down

EPICxPENGUIN69

Post October 6th 2011, 9:04 pm  EPICxPENGUIN69

Mutant wrote:Epic said it right.

Sport doesn't do shit for the economy. Sport doesn't give jobs just because one team is doing well.

Bill Gates isn't going to say "Well the Lions and Tigers are playing well. I know! I'll open a new factory making Microsoft shit. That will generate 10,000 new jobs!"

EPIC IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND DONT YOU FORGET IT

Back to top Go down

HurpDurpHurray

Post October 6th 2011, 10:13 pm  HurpDurpHurray

Yes but what will the fact that Epic is right do for Detroit?

Back to top Go down

EPICxPENGUIN69

Post October 6th 2011, 10:52 pm  EPICxPENGUIN69

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Yes but what will the fact that Epic is right do for Detroit?

if elected mayor? everything

Back to top Go down

Post October 7th 2011, 1:50 pm  MaddMatter

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:no sports event or shit unless it bring in jobs and shit will change the city. the detroit lions being 4-0 is NOT cranking up fucking factories. the tigers in the playoff is not bring people into the ghost town district. shit changes but not because of sports, changing shit affects sports.

Exactly, I mean does the Tigers being in the playoffs help the city? Yeah I guess (I heard somewhere that every home playoff game brings in about 5 million per game.) But still, do sports help? Yes, but not in the way people think.

It's not like "Oh they're winning, they must have a good city" or some shit, but I guess if we really think about it, we could look at it like
Good teams get good players
Good players get good money
Money=Money Spending

I'm not saying that sports teams have NO impact on the economy but they're not as huge as people think.

Back to top Go down

RSoxGuy

Post October 7th 2011, 5:41 pm  RSoxGuy

Hey, they beat the Yankees!!!

Now I can settle down and enjoy the rest of October without grinding my teeth when I see the suckstripes playing at that little league field they call a pro park.

Back to top Go down

EPICxPENGUIN69

Post October 7th 2011, 6:19 pm  EPICxPENGUIN69

RSoxGuy wrote:Hey, they beat the Yankees!!!

Now I can settle down and enjoy the rest of October without grinding my teeth when I see the suckstripes playing at that little league field they call a pro park.

right

Back to top Go down

ccdog23

Post October 7th 2011, 7:38 pm  ccdog23

EY YO MATT! WHAT'S DA RANGERS BEATING THE TIGERS GONNA DO FOR DETROIT Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

EPICxPENGUIN69

Post October 7th 2011, 8:33 pm  EPICxPENGUIN69

ccdog23 wrote:EY YO MATT! WHAT'S DA RANGERS BEATING THE TIGERS GONNA DO FOR DETROIT Twisted Evil

To People Outside of Detroit/Michigan 1469785098

Back to top Go down

Post October 7th 2011, 11:03 pm  MaddMatter

ccdog23 wrote:EY YO MATT! WHAT'S DA RANGERS BEATING THE TIGERS GONNA DO FOR DETROIT Twisted Evil

6-3......

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down