Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

CB metrics

5 posters

Go down

CB metrics  Empty CB metrics

Post  neon deion12 December 3rd 2011, 8:18 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew where to find them for this year i've looked everywhere? It seems like Morris Claiborne or Dre Kirkpatrick might be the best shutdown corner this year even though Tyrann Mathieu is the most talked about for being the playmaker he is.

neon deion12

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

CB metrics  Empty Re: CB metrics

Post  Thadden December 3rd 2011, 8:24 pm

No I dont know where to find them but can you blame people for praising Mathieu? He is great, despite that tossing to official before scoring thing today
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 December 3rd 2011, 8:28 pm

Welcome man.Unfortunately I don't but maybe one of our other guys do.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 3rd 2011, 9:29 pm

Can't help you man. If anyone finds em I would be interested in looking at them as well.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 December 3rd 2011, 10:41 pm

Also guys this is Rjlax from EA.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden December 3rd 2011, 10:59 pm

ccdog23 wrote:Also guys this is Rjlax from EA.
Yeah I saw he had the same question on EA
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  neon deion12 December 5th 2011, 12:24 am

Thadden
No I dont know where to find them but can you blame people for praising Mathieu? He is great, despite that tossing to official before scoring thing today.
Not not at all he's one of the best playmakers in college football plus he has pretty good coverage skills my point was how can people really vote on the thorpe award without metrics. I mean most people know that having alot of ints and tackles doesnt necessarily make you a great cb. I also feel like guys like morris claiborne and dre kirkpatrick kind of get over shadowed by guys who have more picks.

neon deion12

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden December 5th 2011, 1:07 am

neon deion12 wrote:
Thadden
No I dont know where to find them but can you blame people for praising Mathieu? He is great, despite that tossing to official before scoring thing today.
Not not at all he's one of the best playmakers in college football plus he has pretty good coverage skills my point was how can people really vote on the thorpe award without metrics. I mean most people know that having alot of ints and tackles doesnt necessarily make you a great cb. I also feel like guys like morris claiborne and dre kirkpatrick kind of get over shadowed by guys who have more picks.
That's just the way football is, the guys with the interceptions always get more praise (in NFL, Asante Samuel). The guys who shut down recievers are rarely heard of unless you're Darelle Revis. I remember a few years ago when Sheldon Brown (solid cornerback a few years ago) was at the top of his game, he went an entire season without giving up a touchdown yet didnt even make the pro bowl. Those are NFL examples but its the same way at alll levels of football.
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  neon deion12 December 7th 2011, 4:39 pm

Thadden I def agree it's like Jayron Hosley for vtech last year had 9 ints and got so much hype comming into this year and it's seemed like to me he gave up alot of passing yards idk about td's though. I just wish there was metrics so I could see how corners faired this year.

neon deion12

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBasedPoster December 8th 2011, 12:57 am

I've seen Dre get burnt a couple times this year and have read on numerous scouting sites etc. people questioning his coverage skills. Not saying he's horrible, but maybe not as elite as first thought of. Perhaps he could make a very nice safety in the NFL though. Malcolm Jenkins type IMO. Also would have to say Claiborne is the best pure cover corner in the NCAA at the moment. Think he might be a Revis type in the NFL. Not a burner but just an amazing cover man.

TheBasedPoster

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  neon deion12 December 8th 2011, 1:22 am

TheBasedPoster
I've seen Dre get burnt a couple times this year and have read on numerous scouting sites etc. people questioning his coverage skills. Not saying he's horrible, but maybe not as elite as first thought of. Perhaps he could make a very nice safety in the NFL though. Malcolm Jenkins type IMO. Also would have to say Claiborne is the best pure cover corner in the NCAA at the moment. Think he might be a Revis type in the NFL. Not a burner but just an amazing cover man.
I agree with the claiborne revis compersion thats exactly what I think too. In the games I've watched I've seen kirkpatrick get beat a few times but It was alittle while ago and I cant really remember but Im probaly hyping him up in my own mind. Idk how people can really vote for the thorpe award without metrics. I wonder how good tyrann mathieu coverage skills have been this year they seem pretty good using the eyeball test.

neon deion12

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBasedPoster December 8th 2011, 1:26 am

neon deion12 wrote:
TheBasedPoster
I agree with the claiborne revis compersion thats exactly what I think too. In the games I've watched I've seen kirkpatrick get beat a few times but It was alittle while ago and I cant really remember but Im probaly hyping him up in my own mind. Idk how people can really vote for the thorpe award without metrics. I wonder how good tyrann mathieu coverage skills have been this year they seem pretty good using the eyeball test.

I hear ya on Kirkpatrick. Going into the season I had the mindset that he was going to be a top 10 pick. With that size and physicality I figured he was a shoe in. He has moved down though as Claiborne has shot up like a rocket. Also agree on Mathieu, that D as a whole is just sick. Honey badger plays a little safety and CB. He's not even draft eligable Shocked his stock should be pretty high going into next year.

TheBasedPoster

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum