Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

New Team in Seattle?

2 posters

Go down

New Team in Seattle?  Empty New Team in Seattle?

Post  MaddMatter December 11th 2011, 6:49 pm

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/09/seattle-is-working-hard-to-build-an-nbanhl-arena-video/

Hmm that'd be interesting, I'd like to know what Tubbs thinks about that.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

New Team in Seattle?  Empty Re: New Team in Seattle?

Post  HurpDurpHurray December 11th 2011, 7:32 pm

I'd like to know how the fuck they think putting condominiums on the top of this is in any way logical. "If the traffic concerns can be fixed." Ya for fucking sure. You gonna have 20,000 people coming by, what looks to be the middle of the city and add on parking for those condos? What are you gonna dig down far enough so that you hit the upper mantle of the Earth so that you can have enough parking spaces? And talk about sound problems. I live in a condo and I hear a thump whenever the person above me drops something. Think about how loud it would be if you got a shit ton of people yelling and screaming for 3-4 hours along with music.

Jesus Christ, sometimes you just have to think: "is this gonna work." It's all fun to say "hey lets make a floor of glass so more light can get into the rooms." But in reality, it probably isn't the most logic thing to do. God shit like this pisses me off. It's like they didn't think about anything else other then "OMG WE SHOULD TOTALLY PUT CONDOS ON TOP FOR ADDITIONAL REVENUE!"

Moving on from my architectural rant, I know that Markham (town north of Toronto) is looking to also build an 20,000 seat arena and there was hype around them wanting an NHL team. But honestly, it doesn't come down to them, it comes down to the league and whether or not they feel it's the best decision to have a team there. Seattle can host an NBA team I'm quite sure, but an NHL team? Maybe not
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down