Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

I Was Wrong

+3
BaltRavensFan20
S
MaddMatter
7 posters

Go down

I Was Wrong Empty I Was Wrong

Post  MaddMatter December 28th 2011, 6:12 pm

I was wrong about Cam Newton so far.

He looks like the real deal and I will be man enough to apologize. But I want to see what he does next season to see if he keeps it up.

Who are the players you were wrong about coming into this season?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

I Was Wrong Empty Re: I Was Wrong

Post  S December 28th 2011, 6:26 pm

Eli, Stafford, The whole 49ers/Bengals/Seahawks organization. For my own team, Cam, Brandon Lafell, Chris Gamble. Sure I'm missing someone.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 December 28th 2011, 6:53 pm

For the Ravens? Torrey Smith. With the Ravens lackluster performance with drafting good WRs, I was pleasantly shocked to see Torrey do really well this season, especially with Cam Camerons worse than horrible play calling. Now Tandon Doss (our other drafted WR) Ive been dissapointed so far with him. He went from catching every ball thrown to him in preseason, to now he cant really catch anything. Maybe its just because he has played much during the Reg season. Or maybe our WR drafting curse just skipped torrey and went straight to doss.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 28th 2011, 6:57 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:For the Ravens? Torrey Smith. With the Ravens lackluster performance with drafting good WRs, I was pleasantly shocked to see Torrey do really well this season, especially with Cam Camerons worse than horrible play calling. Now Tandon Doss (our other drafted WR) Ive been dissapointed so far with him. He went from catching every ball thrown to him in preseason, to now he cant really catch anything. Maybe its just because he has played much during the Reg season. Or maybe our WR drafting curse just skipped torrey and went straight to doss.

You want to talk about WRs that catch everything in pre-season and nothing in the regular season look up Derrick Williams. lol

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray December 28th 2011, 7:09 pm

Ya I have to apologize also to Cam Newton as I too didn't have faith in him.

In the Bengals organization, it has to be Andy Dalton. Didn't have a lot of faith in him. But you know what, I really like him now
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 28th 2011, 7:37 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Ya I have to apologize also to Cam Newton as I too didn't have faith in him.

In the Bengals organization, it has to be Andy Dalton. Didn't have a lot of faith in him. But you know what, I really like him now

I had my doubts about Andy to, coming from a pistol/spread system in college. But he has shocked me. BUT I also wonder how much of his production is because AJ Green is a monster. Hurp you would know more than me. So let me know.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray December 28th 2011, 7:40 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:Ya I have to apologize also to Cam Newton as I too didn't have faith in him.

I had my doubts about Andy to, coming from a pistol/spread system in college. But he has shocked me. BUT I also wonder how much of his production is because AJ Green is a monster. Hurp you would know more than me. So let me know.

He looks calm out there which is good. Just a few too many picks. But honestly, he filled the Carson Palmer void nicely. I think AJ Green helps, but he does pass the ball around fairly well
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 28th 2011, 7:46 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

He looks calm out there which is good. Just a few too many picks. But honestly, he filled the Carson Palmer void nicely. I think AJ Green helps, but he does pass the ball around fairly well

Oh man I gotta look up stats now.

LMFAO Carson Palmer has more picks than Dalton. fucking priceless.
I hope Dalton makes the playoffs, I wouldn't mind watching that team play...(Houston?)

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray December 28th 2011, 8:40 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Oh man I gotta look up stats now.

LMFAO Carson Palmer has more picks than Dalton. fucking priceless.
I hope Dalton makes the playoffs, I wouldn't mind watching that team play...(Houston?)

I really don't think we'll make it past the first round lol. We barely beat Rams and Cardinals. No Leon Hall which means Pacman is starting No

Maybe next year when we hopefully have a new, rookie cornerback taken with a first round pick
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 28th 2011, 8:42 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
I really don't think we'll make it past the first round lol. We barely beat Rams and Cardinals. No Leon Hall which means Pacman is starting No

Maybe next year when we hopefully have a new, rookie cornerback taken with a first round pick

What happened to Leon? Naw I think you guys got a shot at beating Houston or something. That is who you would be playing right?

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray December 28th 2011, 8:46 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

What happened to Leon? Naw I think you guys got a shot at beating Houston or something. That is who you would be playing right?

Probably? Leon tore his achillies last month and is done for the year
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 28th 2011, 8:47 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

See I would have known that if you made a thread about it Evil or Very Mad lol. Damn that sucks. I've always liked good ole Leon Hall.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB December 30th 2011, 4:12 am

MaddMatt wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

See I would have known that if you made a thread about it Evil or Very Mad lol. Damn that sucks. I've always liked good ole Leon Hall.

Steelers took care of that Cool
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 December 30th 2011, 6:10 am

i was wrong about Cam, i was also pleasantly wrong about KJ Wright and Richard Sherman of the Hawks and Brandon Browner as well.

tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray December 30th 2011, 10:13 am

SteelersJMB wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

Steelers took care of that Cool

I HOPE YOU LOSE IN THE PLAYOFFS BITCH!
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 30th 2011, 11:03 am

Everyone is wrong about Cam. No one believes lol.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest December 30th 2011, 8:21 pm

I fully believed Cam was gonna be another monumental first pick bust as well. I didn't think the 49ers were gonna be this good, hell I had the Rams winning that division. Whoops.

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 30th 2011, 8:25 pm

SWG wrote:I fully believed Cam was gonna be another monumental first pick bust as well. I didn't think the 49ers were gonna be this good, hell I had the Rams winning that division. Whoops.

Ay man good to see you here.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 January 3rd 2012, 6:56 pm

My team. I think we all remember my rant. I was wrong about Alex Smith and Carlos Rogers most of all.

I am thrilled to be wrong.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down