Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

It's time for Coach Ryan to grow up

3 posters

Go down

It's time for Coach Ryan to grow up Empty It's time for Coach Ryan to grow up

Post  RSoxGuy January 4th 2012, 1:34 pm

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7416372/new-york-jets-coach-rex-ryan-needs-grow-up

With his Jets team in turmoil, Rex Being Rex simply won't cut it anymore

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- When a worn-out-looking Rex Ryan admitted Monday that he lost "the pulse" of his Jets team this season, it was as short and sweet an indictment possible of why his Gotta Be Me management style has got to go. The problem with the Jets during their 8-8 season that ended Sunday with a thudding loss to the five-win Miami Dolphins wasn't just players versus player. It was also, by Ryan's own admission, Ryan's problematic relationship with the team itself.
For once, Ryan put the desperado act on the shelf for a moment Monday, and conceded there were some things he is now second-guessing himself about. A few mea culpas and promises to personally change took the place of his usual unadulterated defiance.

He just didn't go far enough, though the proof of why he should was all around him after he was done pleading, raging and occasionally even shoving away a few tears in his break-up day talk to the team.

Everywhere you looked afterward, there seemed to be a fed-up or emotional or shaken Jets player packing up his things.

Jets linebacker Bart Scott walked out of the locker room dragging a black plastic trash bag across the tiled hallway floor and saying little -- until he cussed at a photographer to get his camera out of his face.

Darrelle Revis, normally one of the most accommodating Jets, shouldered through the crowd around his locker with the hood of his sweatshirt pulled over his head, and he looked like he hadn't slept a wink. He just grabbed something from his locker, then silently shouldered his way out past the media mob again, saying "Nope ... Nope ... Nope" to every request to stop and talk.

Then Santonio Holmes did the same thing, refusing to fire back as he headed out the door. Hearing his thoughts on the teammates who basically called him a locker-room cancer will have to wait.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

It's time for Coach Ryan to grow up Empty Re: It's time for Coach Ryan to grow up

Post  RSoxGuy January 4th 2012, 1:42 pm

All the promises of SB glory have apparently blown up in Rex's face.

Holmes gets benched and Rex didnt know?

Naming Holmes a "Captain" was one of the dumbest moves I ever seen a head coach make.

ESPN's Stephen A SmiFF (yes I did that on purpose) says -
Mark Sanchez, the Jets' lousy quarterback, should be tossed on the scrap heap along with his offensive coordinator

From the ESPN article -
Ryan's baiting of opposing teams and coaches has blown up in the Jets' faces so often that Tomlinson, then Sanchez, then Revis all publicly admitted in recent weeks that yes, it does make rivals play harder against the Jets.
When your players are coming out and saying this, shouldnt you shut teh fuck up and act like an adult instead of chest bumping your anal cancer WR after scoring a TD or just give him a high five like teh rest of the respectable coaches in teh league?

I think teh wheels are coming off the bullshit express in NY and not a minute too soon.

Ill admit, I LOVE seeing the JEST sulking like a bunch of 5 yr olds after the total lack of respect they show any team on any given Sunday. I LOVE seeing those guys who are quoted for saying "Cant stop a nose bleed" now flipping off photographers and getting in fights in teh huddle in the middle of games. I guess we wont see the JEST running around on teh field acting likeplanes with thier arms spread out, nor will we see JEST players doing flips on the sideline like 11 yr old cheerleaders. I suppose it will be another 8 months before we see (Lord) Sanchez on his back again shaking his head wondering why he just threw another red zone INT.

Until then, I guess all we can do is point and laugh. After all, it was the JEST who talked trash and forced how "great" a team they are and how they are gonna win the SB (again) right?

So I guess its only fair to force this down thier throats now that they have been proven FRAUDS yet again.

It's time for Coach Ryan to grow up Haha-you-are-loser-4098_preview
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

It's time for Coach Ryan to grow up Empty Re: It's time for Coach Ryan to grow up

Post  RSoxGuy January 4th 2012, 1:43 pm

Those 2 posts are cut and paste from EA. I had to get them quick before NaturalCuntBag deletes them for being off topic in teh NFL section. caue you know, NB doesnt liek us talking about football in the football section and all.

Not that I like seeing people/teams FAIL. But after teh years of shit talking "couldnt stop a nose bleed", guys doing back flips after wins, running up and down oposing team's fields with thier arms spread like planes, promissing SB wins and trips to the White House, rubbing losses in teh faces of other team, complete and total lack of respect for anything other than thier own, I have to admit, I had a HUGE smile on my face when Holmes got benched, JEST lost to MIA and Rex said after the game he didnt even know Holmes was benched.

That whole team needs to be blown up and rebuilt. Either that or some1 needs to step in there and get shit under control cause Rex obviously isnt that guy.

RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark January 4th 2012, 4:12 pm

Personally I think Rex Ryan is fine, the Jets advanced to the AFC Championship two years in a row and then as soon as they have an off year everyone says he's "not the guy"?

He's been the same coach with the same personality for all three of the years, the Jets just had an off year.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

It's time for Coach Ryan to grow up Empty Jets QB McElroy cites 'corrupt mindset' within Jet

Post  RSoxGuy January 5th 2012, 4:59 pm

http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/jets-qb-mcelroy-cites-corrupt-mindset-within-jets-locker-room-1.3428789

Quarterback Greg McElroy offered a window Wednesday into the toxic Jets locker room that constituted another rebuke to coach Rex Ryan for ignoring the warning signs of disunity.

McElroy, a constant presence in the locker room and meetings despite spending his first season on injured reserve, said the Jets suffered from "a corrupt mindset" that was fostered by "extremely selfishindividuals."

During a bizarre press conference on Monday, Ryan said he had no ideathat his own team was breaking apart, and not just because of Santonio Holmes' infamous huddle blowup in the final minutes of the season-ending loss to Miami.

"It's definitely not a fun place to be, I can assure you," the former Alabama quarterback told the Birmingham, Ala., radio station 97.3The Zone on Wednesday. "It's the first time I've ever been around extremely selfish individuals.

"There were people within our locker room that didn't care whether we won or lost as long as they had really had good gamesindividually," McElroy added.

McElroy's comments suggested that Ryan would have been hard-pressed not to notice the divisive culture that had grown throughout the Jets' 8-8 season. And McElroy said he feared for the future because of it.

"That's the disappointing thing," he told the radio station.

"It's going to take a lot to come together next year. I think the fact we struggled at times this year really led to this corrupt mindset within the locker room.

"But I think we're going to regroup," McElroy continued. "I think we'll be a better team because of the trials and tribulations this year."

Ryan promised offseason changes, presumably involving some of the unnamed "selfish" players. Holmes may not be one of them, however, because his contract makes him virtually untradeable. The Jets would have to absorb a nearly $9 million cap hit if they cut Holmes outright.

I love it. This just keeps getting better and better. Twisted Evil
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 January 5th 2012, 6:00 pm

Im really glad we didnt keep rex and make him HC now. I had a feeling sooner or later signing all these players to large contracts, and these selfish diva players to contracts would backfire. Lets hope Rex learns his lesson with all this crap. I understand you want to show confidence in your team, but you dont have to show it by guaranteeing a SB every year, and putting pressure on your team to back up your words....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down