Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Eagles Offseason Preview

5 posters

Go down

Eagles Offseason Preview  Empty Eagles Offseason Preview

Post  tripleaamin January 18th 2012, 9:45 am

http://tripleanfl.blogspot.com/2012/01/eagles-offseason-preview.html

Eagles Offseason Preview  Philadelphia-eagles-080111l
This is a preview of the Eagles offseason.
QB- They gave Mike Vick the franchise QB money in the offseason so he is their franchise QB.
RB- Lesean McCoy exploded last year and made a case that he could be the best RB in the NFL. Ronnie Brown is a free agent but that is no big loss. They will probably draft a running back late in the draft for depth.
WR- This position had its ups and downs. Desean Jackson and Steve Smith are free agents and neither are expected to be back. Steve Smith was clearly not the same player and fell down to 5th on the depth chart when he got hurt. Desean Jackson was a distraction for most of the year and like every NFL insider will tell you don't expect Desean back. Expect them to draft a speed receiver in the mid rounds.
TE- After having a disappointing year Brent Celek had a bounce back year. All they need is depth maybe a more athletic TE.
OL- This unit drastically improved as the year went on. Evan Mathis had a good year last year and don't expect the Eagles to over pay for him. The Eagles will either in the mid to early rounds for a guard or add a RT and move Todd Herremans back to his natural guard position.
DL- This is one of the most talented d-line's in the NFL. As the year went on they got more and more pressure on the passer. Antonio Dixon and Trevor Laws are free agents expect Dixon back as he is more of a run stopper.
LB- This unit struggled for most of the year. Look for them either early in the draft or in free agency to add an impact linebacker.
DB- Even though this was one of the most talented unit in the NFL it struggled thought the year. Look for everyone to get better with experience. However the team could move Assante Samuel to get picks or improve at other positions. In the mid rounds expect them to take a safety.
tripleaamin
tripleaamin

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Eagles Offseason Preview  Empty Re: Eagles Offseason Preview

Post  SteelersJMB January 18th 2012, 2:26 pm

I understand he has problems but either you trust your veterans to have a talk with Jackson or you just don't have good leadership in that locker room to begin with. It would be a shame to let him go because I know he'd make them regret it for years to come
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 18th 2012, 7:09 pm

Why do you think there is no chance Jackson will be back? He could be back, I dont think he will be but where are all these insiders who think its a definite?
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  tripleaamin January 18th 2012, 7:17 pm

I take what nfl insiders say a lot into account and they said they haven't offered him a contract.
tripleaamin
tripleaamin

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 18th 2012, 7:30 pm

The Eagles never offer a contract until after the season ends and right before the free agency peroid begins. Everybody was just hoping they'd be proactive for once and actually sign someone before their contract ends.
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 January 18th 2012, 7:37 pm

I wouldn't want to bring Jackson back,they have plenty of other weapons that can make plays that use their head.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 18th 2012, 10:20 pm

Ditch Jackson, there are TONS of good WR's in this years draft class you can take.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 18th 2012, 10:27 pm

ccdog23 wrote:I wouldn't want to bring Jackson back,they have plenty of other weapons that can make plays that use their head.
I would argue that they are as effective as they are because Jackson commands safety help deep. Im not saying they arent very good players but I do think Jackson is helping them tremendously
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum