Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Super Bowl XLVI

+4
MaddMatter
KWicK78
Thadden
ccdog23
8 posters

Go down

Super Bowl XLVI

Super Bowl XLVI Vote_lcap33%Super Bowl XLVI Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 5 ]
Super Bowl XLVI Vote_lcap67%Super Bowl XLVI Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 15

Super Bowl XLVI Empty Super Bowl XLVI

Post  ccdog23 January 22nd 2012, 11:40 pm

Who ya got
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl XLVI Empty Re: Super Bowl XLVI

Post  Thadden January 22nd 2012, 11:52 pm

This sucks, the only team I hate more than the Giants, Redskins and maybe Cowboys are the Patriots.

Im a Giants for Super Bowl Sunday and only that day.

I hope its a shitty game with Eli throwing 5 interceptions but Giants win 3-0
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 January 22nd 2012, 11:53 pm

Don't care. Probably won't be able to watch.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 23rd 2012, 12:01 am

It can be tough but I still recommend watching the game, its a spectacle. And this is coming from me, an Eagles fan. We were a poor man's Buffalo Bills. It sucks but just stay hopeful for next year... And then the year after that... and the year after... and so on...
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 23rd 2012, 12:27 am

Thadden wrote:It can be tough but I still recommend watching the game, its a spectacle. And this is coming from me, an Eagles fan. We were a poor man's Buffalo Bills. It sucks but just stay hopeful for next year... And then the year after that... and the year after... and so on...

Yeah it must suck being in all those conference championship games, all those division wins and what not.

Oh wait.

Anyway I think it'll be a great game. But I got the Pats winning, I think Brady and Bill will be pissed and get revenge for 18-1

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 January 23rd 2012, 12:41 am

Thadden wrote:It can be tough but I still recommend watching the game, its a spectacle. And this is coming from me, an Eagles fan. We were a poor man's Buffalo Bills. It sucks but just stay hopeful for next year... And then the year after that... and the year after... and so on...
I know how that feels being a Mavs fan,when I was younger the Spurs and Lakers beat us every year and then we finally got to the finals one year and played the Heat.I thought that finally all of these disappointing seasons would pay off after the 2-0 lead,and then Wade and the refs took the trophy from us.I literally cried as a 12 year old.The next season,we go 67-15 but get upset by the Warriors.Then 2 mediocre years followed once again getting upset as a 2 seed.But all that suffering was worth it for last year.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 23rd 2012, 12:45 am

MaddMatt wrote:

Yeah it must suck being in all those conference championship games, all those division wins and what not.

Oh wait.

Anyway I think it'll be a great game. But I got the Pats winning, I think Brady and Bill will be pissed and get revenge for 18-1
In my opinion, the only difference between being terrible and never making the playoffs and making conference championships but never winning the Super Bowl is that you dont have to get your hopes up and suffer the pain of defeat.

I'd trade every one of those conference championship games and playoff wins for at least one super bowl. The ultimate goal is the Super Bowl not playoff victories.

BTW: the Eagles haven't won a playoff game since the last conference championship game in 08
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 23rd 2012, 12:49 am

ccdog23 wrote:
I know how that feels being a Mavs fan,when I was younger the Spurs and Lakers beat us every year and then we finally got to the finals one year and played the Heat.I thought that finally all of these disappointing seasons would pay off after the 2-0 lead,and then Wade and the refs took the trophy from us.I literally cried as a 12 year old.The next season,we go 67-15 but get upset by the Warriors.Then 2 mediocre years followed once again getting upset as a 2 seed.But all that suffering was worth it for last year.
I cried after the 08 championship game, would have been 10 years old at the time.

I dont worry about it too much anymore though. I'll get a little mad and then go about my business while being annoyed for the rest of the day. Its not worth it jumping off a bridge after a football loss. There are so many worse things that happen on Earth aside from that.
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 January 23rd 2012, 12:53 am

Thadden wrote:
In my opinion, the only difference between being terrible and never making the playoffs and making conference championships but never winning the Super Bowl is that you dont have to get your hopes up and suffer the pain of defeat.
I don't agree with that,at least you get to have fun on the ride to the defeat.I know that's part of the reason I've always liked the Mavs more than the Cowboys is because with the Mavs I've never had to suffer through seasons like last year when they went 6-10.I'll also be able to talk about the Mavs when I get older the same way older people talk about the 90s Cowboys.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 23rd 2012, 1:24 am

ccdog23 wrote:
Thadden wrote:
I don't agree with that,at least you get to have fun on the ride to the defeat.I know that's part of the reason I've always liked the Mavs more than the Cowboys is because with the Mavs I've never had to suffer through seasons like last year when they went 6-10.I'll also be able to talk about the Mavs when I get older the same way older people talk about the 90s Cowboys.
I dont know Im just going by what I know. The Eagles havent really been bad for as long as I've known them. I can only go by what I know and the only situation where the team is terrible for me is the sixers (not lately) but I cant really talk about that either because 1. My dad isnt an NBA fan so Ive never seen them in person and 2. I have DirecTV and Comcast has a monopoly on all 76ers games, all Flyers games and a 3rd of the Phillies games. So its hard to follow basketball and hockey
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 January 23rd 2012, 1:34 am

Thadden wrote:
I dont know Im just going by what I know. The Eagles havent really been bad for as long as I've known them. I can only go by what I know and the only situation where the team is terrible for me is the sixers (not lately) but I cant really talk about that either because 1. My dad isnt an NBA fan so Ive never seen them in person and 2. I have DirecTV and Comcast has a monopoly on all 76ers games, all Flyers games and a 3rd of the Phillies games. So its hard to follow basketball and hockey
Well be a fan of a team that struggles year in and year out and it will make you appreciate having a team that was going far into the playoffs every year you ungrateful son of a bitch.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 23rd 2012, 8:05 am

Come at me Cowgurl!
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 23rd 2012, 8:40 am

I really think you need to go through years of suffering through shit years to appreciate the years where you do well. Patriots fans...really patriots fans...suffered through some awful awful awful years. I fucking hate the patriots but I can relate to the hardcore fans who seen the shit years, not the newer people who are boarderline suicidal after the ravens loss in the wild card a few years ago.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 23rd 2012, 2:38 pm

Thadden wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Oh wait.

I'd trade every one of those conference championship games and playoff wins for at least one super bowl. The ultimate goal is the Super Bowl not playoff victories.

BTW: the Eagles haven't won a playoff game since the last conference championship game in 08

Con-fer-ence Cham-pi-on-ship?

Well now I know Thaddens on crack because hes making up words.

Seriously, what the hell is a "Con-fer-ence cham-pi-on-ship"? Can anyone tell me?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB January 23rd 2012, 3:14 pm

I got Pats in this one
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy January 23rd 2012, 3:55 pm

Im voting for my Pats but dont think they will win due to our horrific defense.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy January 23rd 2012, 4:04 pm

Vegas says Pats are +3 as of right now. i wonder how much that will change
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 23rd 2012, 4:29 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:Im voting for my Pats but dont think they will win due to our horrific defense.

Im sorry. if the pats win with the 2nd worst defense in the history of the league, I will never watch another NFL game again because thats a fucking joke. this willy nilly bullshit pussying of football is bullshit. you win by doing fundamentals not the same style of play as 37 year old alcoholics in the back yard on thanksgiving.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S January 23rd 2012, 4:42 pm

Thadden wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:
I cried after the 08 championship game, would have been 10 years old at the time.

I dont worry about it too much anymore though. I'll get a little mad and then go about my business while being annoyed for the rest of the day. Its not worth it jumping off a bridge after a football loss. There are so many worse things that happen on Earth aside from that.

I remember being so pissed off when we lost to the cards back in the 08 playoffs lol. Ever since then I havent given a shit about when we lose because we've been doing it a lot lately. This year was kind of different though. At the beginning I didn't care as much cause I figured we would go 2-14 again but once we started losing every game by field goals and TDs are started getting pissed again lol.

But anyways I'm just hoping for a really good game. Brady throws for like 600 yards and 8 TD passes to Gronk and Welker to boost my fantasy team lol. But realistically I think the Giants run away with the victory.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 23rd 2012, 5:25 pm

Stephen. wrote:
Thadden wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:

I remember being so pissed off when we lost to the cards back in the 08 playoffs lol. Ever since then I havent given a shit about when we lose because we've been doing it a lot lately. This year was kind of different though. At the beginning I didn't care as much cause I figured we would go 2-14 again but once we started losing every game by field goals and TDs are started getting pissed again lol.

But anyways I'm just hoping for a really good game. Brady throws for like 600 yards and 8 TD passes to Gronk and Welker to boost my fantasy team lol. But realistically I think the Giants run away with the victory.

worst feeling i ever had as a fan was when doug brien missed 3 field goals, all game winners against the steelers in 2004
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum