Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Peyton Cleared to Play

4 posters

Go down

Peyton Cleared to Play Empty Peyton Cleared to Play

Post  MaddMatter February 2nd 2012, 7:22 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/02/report-peyton-manning-cleared-to-resume-career/

Good, the NFL would be a lot different without Peyton. And damn it, I don't think it's time for Peyton to leave.

It would have been a sad ending to a great career.

Good to see stuff like this.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Peyton Cleared to Play Empty Re: Peyton Cleared to Play

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 2nd 2012, 7:26 pm

now begins the "Peyton Manning to the ________" threads.....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 2nd 2012, 7:42 pm

I broke this scenario down in a thread on EA but of course NatureFag deleted all my hard diligent work Mad , so here it goes ..again Smile

You must first ask these few questions to find out where Manning will end up..

IF Manning leaves Indy to play elsewhere, you have to think of a couple things first....

1. will he play for a non-contender? NO

2. will he play for league minimum? NO

3. will he play for a team that has a bad defense and alter his chances of making it back to the SB? NO

4. will he play for a team that doesnt have any weapons on Offense? NO

...basically I believe Manning will only play for a select few teams, teams that have "most" of the pieces together to make a deep Playoff run and hopefully a SB appearance...

to narrow the prospective teams i have eliminated a couple of them here..

Seahawks...they need more than just Peyton to make things good out there

Bills....Fitzpatrick signed a 60 mil deal, thier D isnt that good

Redskins...unless Snyder makes him an offer he cant refuse ( 100 mil + ) he wont be in a Redskin uni

Dolphins....blah is all i can say about that team, they have no star power besides the bi-polar pysco B Marsh

Browns...just no

Cardinals...not sure they could afford Kolb AND Manning

...that brings me to a few teams that may peak his interest...

Jets...good D, not a good O, Manning can generate points and D always in Top 5

49ers.... another team with a good D , Manning would have some nice weapons in Davis,Gore and Crabs

...thats it folks, its down to only 2 teams that Manning will go to IF Indy decides to part ways with him, of course Indy can just keep him and all this specualtion is out the window.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 3rd 2012, 6:30 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:I broke this scenario down in a thread on EA but of course NatureFag deleted all my hard diligent work Mad , so here it goes ..again Smile

You must first ask these few questions to find out where Manning will end up..

IF Manning leaves Indy to play elsewhere, you have to think of a couple things first....

1. will he play for a non-contender? NO

2. will he play for league minimum? NO

3. will he play for a team that has a bad defense and alter his chances of making it back to the SB? NO

4. will he play for a team that doesnt have any weapons on Offense? NO

...basically I believe Manning will only play for a select few teams, teams that have "most" of the pieces together to make a deep Playoff run and hopefully a SB appearance...

to narrow the prospective teams i have eliminated a couple of them here..

Seahawks...they need more than just Peyton to make things good out there

Bills....Fitzpatrick signed a 60 mil deal, thier D isnt that good

Redskins...unless Snyder makes him an offer he cant refuse ( 100 mil + ) he wont be in a Redskin uni

Dolphins....blah is all i can say about that team, they have no star power besides the bi-polar pysco B Marsh

Browns...just no

Cardinals...not sure they could afford Kolb AND Manning

...that brings me to a few teams that may peak his interest...

Jets...good D, not a good O, Manning can generate points and D always in Top 5

49ers.... another team with a good D , Manning would have some nice weapons in Davis,Gore and Crabs

...thats it folks, its down to only 2 teams that Manning will go to IF Indy decides to part ways with him, of course Indy can just keep him and all this specualtion is out the window.

The ravens would be in there also, IF we didnt have Flacco...... Great D, Great Running game, decent WRs, Decent TEs, Sub Par OL (which can be fixed in FA)
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 3rd 2012, 6:44 pm

well yea the Ravens would definetly be in the conversation but they feel as if Flacco can get them there and I believe i read somewhere that Ozzie was working on getting Rice and Flaccos contracts done this offseason, so that eliminates the Ravens... i know Rex talks up Sanchez but i kinda doubt how "dedicated" he would be to him IF Manning was to become available and interested in joining the Jets, same thing for the 49ers, Alex Smith had a good "managerial" season but I know they are salivating just thinking of landing Peyton...with what Irsay has said today "Manning has not been cleared to play by the Colts" is pretty much telling of where this is heading, Irsay seems to have his mind made up and ready to move on without him, I expect to see this headline immediately following the Superbowl

" Colts CUT Peyton Manning!!!!"

..lets be realistic, the Colts arent going to pay him 30 million on March 8th and NOBODY is trading to get him with his HUGE contract AND giving up 1st round picks for him without the gaurentee he will ever play again...sadly, Manning gets the axe
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 3rd 2012, 6:54 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:well yea the Ravens would definetly be in the conversation but they feel as if Flacco can get them there and I believe i read somewhere that Ozzie was working on getting Rice and Flaccos contracts done this offseason, so that eliminates the Ravens... i know Rex talks up Sanchez but i kinda doubt how "dedicated" he would be to him IF Manning was to become available and interested in joining the Jets, same thing for the 49ers, Alex Smith had a good "managerial" season but I know they are salivating just thinking of landing Peyton...with what Irsay has said today "Manning has not been cleared to play by the Colts" is pretty much telling of where this is heading, Irsay seems to have his mind made up and ready to move on without him, I expect to see this headline immediately following the Superbowl

" Colts CUT Peyton Manning!!!!"

..lets be realistic, the Colts arent going to pay him 30 million on March 8th and NOBODY is trading to get him with his HUGE contract AND giving up 1st round picks for him without the gaurentee he will ever play again...sadly, Manning gets the axe

Yep, he wants to get them locked up. I feel Flacco can get us to and win a SB. Look at this season, we were 2 plays away, except Lee Evans and Cundiff both choked. Flacco out performed Brady, led us on a end of game scoring drive, only to let his teammates ruin it for him.....Granted NEs D isnt amazing, but they got better at the end of the season....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles February 3rd 2012, 7:15 pm

the only places i can see peyton wanting to play are Miami, Washington and Arizona...as for the jets i see them trying to work with sanchez for another year and i think they are near the cap.
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 3rd 2012, 7:43 pm

MyDirtyDangles wrote:the only places i can see peyton wanting to play are Miami, Washington and Arizona...as for the jets i see them trying to work with sanchez for another year and i think they are near the cap.

do you think Miami,Washington and Arizona have enough pieces for Mannings liking? I dont think that Manning will sign onto another team if he doesnt feel they have certain aspects of thier team already there ( like a solid Defense, decent Offensive weapons)....Manning is definetly not a guy that is just looking for a job, he wants to win now and the only way to do that is by joining a team that is only 1 or 2 peices away from making a legitimate run and that is definetly the Jets and 49ers.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles February 3rd 2012, 8:07 pm

i would love to throw to Larry Fitzgerald...the cards are only a OT and a decent QB from being a playoff team...pat peterson and that defense is getting better and they have continuity in their coaching staff....and with the jets situation unless they can work things out with santonio and he stays, who else do they have for weapons that the cards or fins dont have??
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 3rd 2012, 8:22 pm

MyDirtyDangles wrote:i would love to throw to Larry Fitzgerald...the cards are only a OT and a decent QB from being a playoff team...pat peterson and that defense is getting better and they have continuity in their coaching staff....and with the jets situation unless they can work things out with santonio and he stays, who else do they have for weapons that the cards or fins dont have??

The Cards have Fitz on Offense and a "mediocre" Petersen on Defense ( i say mediocre because he was burnt like toast last season) , sure Manning would love to throw to Fitz all day long but will that be enough to get them to a Superbowl if that Defense doesnt step up BIG?

The Dolphins have a new HC and alot of question marks thruout thier Offense besides B Marshall, thier Defense is "OK" , it is nothing to write home about at all, they are good against the Run but thier best CB ( Vontae Davis ) gets beaten like a redheaded stepchild on a weekly basis, do you think Manning would be a part of a "rebuilding" process that is happening in Miami?

The 49ers have a very good Defense that played at a Championship level this season, it was thier Offense that sputtered ( mainly QB play or lack of it) , I think Manning could work wonders with all the weapons the 49ers have and that Defense is the quality he would be looking for as support for the points he will put up.

The Jets have had a Top 5 Defense for the past 3 seasons, this team in alot of circles is just 1 playmaker away from a SuperBowl and that position happens to be QB where Mark Sanchez has had his share of problems producing points and sustaining drives/turnovers..On Offense the Jets have a fast sure handed TE Dustin Keller, Santonio Holmes will be back regardless of what you've heard, he has alot of gaurenteed $$$ that the Jets wont just throw away, hes a playmaker if he can get the ball and that was the whole problem last year, Sanchez wasnt putting the ball where it needed to be..also they have a solid running game to churn out yardage and keep opponents off balance, with Manning at the helm I could see the Jets taking that next step instead of always coming up short, Manning is definetly a great fit in NY.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 3rd 2012, 8:38 pm

I'm still thinking Seattle, one of better young defenses in the league, a great running back, could use some help at WR (Reggie Wayne?!?) Seattle could be a tough tough team with Peyton.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles February 3rd 2012, 8:44 pm

now that i think of it, yeah i can see him in Seattle. i just dont see the jets shelling out all the cash when dirty sanchez, holmes, revis, ferguson all have 50+ mill contracts.
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum