Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Jones-Drew Wants a New Contract?

3 posters

Go down

Jones-Drew Wants a New Contract? Empty Jones-Drew Wants a New Contract?

Post  MaddMatter April 18th 2012, 7:33 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jones-drew-skipping-jaguars-voluntary-211734427--nfl.html;_ylt=AjCpxD.OADQM0KePKVLPDGlDubYF

Hell pay the man. He is one of the best RB's in the NFL period. As the story says he led the league in rushing with NO passing game. That's almost unheard of now a days.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Jones-Drew Wants a New Contract? Empty Re: Jones-Drew Wants a New Contract?

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 18th 2012, 7:47 pm

meh, rbs are dimes a dozen
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 18th 2012, 7:52 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:meh, rbs are dimes a dozen

Kind of have to agree with epic here. I have no problem paying rbs, but just dont overpay them. Thats the biggest mistake you can make unless hes young. Drew is pretty old for a rb isnt he? Thats one mistake I hope the ravens dont make with ray rice, is overpaying him....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 18th 2012, 8:01 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Kind of have to agree with epic here. I have no problem paying rbs, but just dont overpay them. Thats the biggest mistake you can make unless hes young. Drew is pretty old for a rb isnt he? Thats one mistake I hope the ravens dont make with ray rice, is overpaying him....

dude, peyton hillis had or was close to 1000 yards when he started a full year and he was a college FB.

it is the easiest position to play in football. you get a ball and you fucking run
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 18th 2012, 8:23 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

dude, peyton hillis had or was close to 1000 yards when he started a full year and he was a college FB.

it is the easiest position to play in football. you get a ball and you fucking run

no i agree with you. plus with the bruising they take their careers are usually shorter and dont last long....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 18th 2012, 8:36 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

no i agree with you. plus with the bruising they take their careers are usually shorter and dont last long....

But isn't that, if you were Jones-Drew, the reason to get a new contract? I mean. Yes RB's are a dime a dozen. BUT RB's with talent like Peterson and Jones-Drew, those RB's are very rare. Plus the RB's mentioned are also great team leaders, good catching out of the back field and good in pass protection.

I agree RB's are a dime a dozen, but when you have a top notch RB like the Petersons, Jones-Drews and Fosters. I think you should pay to keep them. And in Jones-Drews case, he knows he's towards the end of his career (For a RB) but is still extremely productive (Being the ONLY offensive weapon on that team) I can see why he wants to get paid like Foster or Johnson.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 18th 2012, 8:39 pm

yea I can see why he wants to get paid but this isnt the 80s and 90s where you have RBs having 10 year careers and getting 1000 or close to it fairly often.

today, the NFL has like 3 rbs maybe 4 on a team, 1 or 2 main guys, a blocking back, and a do it all type guy

MJD is good and does a lot for his team but he is one good QB from being worthless
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 18th 2012, 8:44 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:yea I can see why he wants to get paid but this isnt the 80s and 90s where you have RBs having 10 year careers and getting 1000 or close to it fairly often.

today, the NFL has like 3 rbs maybe 4 on a team, 1 or 2 main guys, a blocking back, and a do it all type guy

MJD is good and does a lot for his team but he is one good QB from being worthless

I wouldn't say he's one QB from being worthless. Hell AP still put up good numbers when Favruh was there.

But yeah, now a days teams carry probably on average 4 RB's so I can understand it. And like you said, very very few teams (2 MAYBE 3?) have that 1 horse RB now a days. So I can see how he is being devalued per say.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum