Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

The Fall of Burfict

+3
EPICxPENGUIN69
BaltRavensFan20
MaddMatter
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Fall of Burfict  Empty The Fall of Burfict

Post  MaddMatter April 25th 2012, 3:41 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/report-burfict-hosley-failed-drug-tests-at-combine/

Lol Burfict might go undrafted. I said he was probably a middle of the 3rd round guy before the combine.

Now he might go undrafted LOL

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

The Fall of Burfict  Empty Re: The Fall of Burfict

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 25th 2012, 5:40 pm

And to think I wanted the Ravens to draft this guy Mad
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 25th 2012, 7:18 pm

this is good news for potheads because the only way they legalize pot is if sports fans (bengals fans in particular) start voting for guys to legalize pot that way their players stop getting suspended
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2012, 8:08 pm

Burfict is a BEAST, i hope he falls to the Jets in the 5th round or even later...I WANT this guy on the Jets, he is a complete LB with the fire and intensity to really shine at the next level...Rex is gonna get him CHEAP Smile !!! ...and BTW, Burfict was a Top 10 prospect BEFORE he had a bad combine, you guys really put a ton of faith in guys that run fast in shorts dont ya? Evil or Very Mad ..anyways, we all seen how it paid off for Vernon Gholston to show up at the Combine Rolling Eyes

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  S April 25th 2012, 8:48 pm

Lol ^
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 25th 2012, 8:49 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Burfict is a BEAST, i hope he falls to the Jets in the 5th round or even later...I WANT this guy on the Jets, he is a complete LB with the fire and intensity to really shine at the next level...Rex is gonna get him CHEAP Smile !!! ...and BTW, Burfict was a Top 10 prospect BEFORE he had a bad combine, you guys really put a ton of faith in guys that run fast in shorts dont ya? Evil or Very Mad ..anyways, we all seen how it paid off for Vernon Gholston to show up at the Combine Rolling Eyes

Burfict was all hype. If you actually watched him play, you would know he was no where near a 1st round talent.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 25th 2012, 8:59 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Burfict is a BEAST, i hope he falls to the Jets in the 5th round or even later...I WANT this guy on the Jets, he is a complete LB with the fire and intensity to really shine at the next level...Rex is gonna get him CHEAP Smile !!! ...and BTW, Burfict was a Top 10 prospect BEFORE he had a bad combine, you guys really put a ton of faith in guys that run fast in shorts dont ya? Evil or Very Mad ..anyways, we all seen how it paid off for Vernon Gholston to show up at the Combine Rolling Eyes

Ive also heard he plays with so much intensity he makes boneheaded plays and doesnt think. In that he cant control is intensity. Which is why I kind of turned away from the ravens picking him, and instead hopeing they get hightower. Just hearing how hightower is is making me think he would be qa good player for us. Hes a leader, hard and heavy hitter, plays great, and is alot more mature than Burfict is. Now what would be awesome is if burfict goes undrafted, and we are ablt to get hightower AND burfict, lol.... But thats wishful thinking......

I would agree with the others in that he was hyped too much...
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2012, 9:10 pm

MaddMatter wrote:

Burfict was all hype. If you actually watched him play, you would know he was no where near a 1st round talent.

huh? he DEMOLISHES O-Linemen, he DEVOURS HBs, he decapitates TE's !!! he was actually benched by his own coach for being to VIOLENT!!!! the guy plays LB and plays it GREAT, he is what EVERY team in the NFL is looking for when they draft a LB, they want big,strong,fast and instictive guys that can make plays and Vontaze Burfict IS that guy...heres a couple of articles BEFORE his awful Combine showing, now you tell me that he hasnt been blackballed by not performing good at a combine when hes in his dam shorts and no 'real' opponent in front of him to kill...

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-07-28/the-meanest-man-in-college-football-vontaze-burfict

..heres WalterFootball Scouting report on Burfict..

Player Comparison: Ray Lewis. When Burfict is playing well, his style of play is reminiscent of Ray Lewis. Both are big, fast intimidators who provide an impact against the run and pass. Lewis was the 26th-overall pick out of Miami in the 1996 NFL Draft. If that draft was redone, Lewis would definitely be in the running for the first pick with former teammate Jonathan Ogden and Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison. Burfict is likely to go in the same general area as Lewis in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Strengths:
Sideline-to-sideline speed
Quickness to the hole
Fabulous closing speed
Tough run defender
Has the ability to take on and shed blocks
Good instincts
Tackling technique
Ideal size
Plays with shear violence
Hard hitter
Quick feet
Strong pass defender
Understands zone concepts
Adept at reading quarterback's eyes
Gets good depth in his zone drops
Fabulous blitzer
Plays with a mean streak
Ability to produce game-changing plays
Driven competitor

..heres a Scouting Report that has Burfict going to the Vikes at #3 !!!

That means the Vikings will have to look towards the draft for their answer at middle linebacker. One potential option for the Vikings is Arizona State inside linebacker Vontaze Burfict.

Although his draft stock is currently on the decline, there's no denying that Burfict is an NFL-caliber talent with the potential to be an annual Pro Bowler. The difference right now between him being a Top 10 talent and a second-round pick is his inability to control his temper on the field.

..and another

"Burfict is one of the most intimidating middle linebacker prospects to come out in recent memory. His fiery attitude and nose for the big hit have made him one of the most feared defenders the past couple of years but NFL teams should be weary of his mental makeup and attitude on the field. "

..seriously, this guy has 'problems' that can be coached, especially when getting paid for it, he is going to be the biggest pleasant surprise for the team that gets him in this Draft.

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray April 25th 2012, 9:28 pm

BURFICT IS THE BEST PLAYER OF ALL-TIME! MOTHERFUCKING RAY LEWIS, DEACON JONES, DEION SANDERS, WARREN SAPP, MICHAEL STRAHAN, ALL COMBINED INTO ONE TO MAKE BURFICT! 250 POUNDS A PURE FURY COMING AT YOUR ASSHOLE BITCH! BETTER GET THE FUCK OUT OR MAN THE FUCK UP WHEN THIS FUCKING GUY IS ON THE FIELD! Oh, you got the ball Brandon Jacobs? WELL FUCK YOU BRANDON JACOBS, NOW YOU DON'T GOT A HEAD! Oh, Peyton Manning's trying to pass? MAYBE HE SHOULD HAVE PASSED ON HIS FOOTBALL CAREER, BECAUSE BURFICT JUST BROKE HIS NECK RIGHT OFF! Oh, Burfict got suspended for breaking a rule? BITCH GOODELL, BURFICT IS GONNA SUSPEND YOU FROM A FUCKING ROOF OF A BUILDING!

THIS MOTHERFUCKER NEEDS DRUGS JUST TO CALM HIM DOWN! HE TAKES ADRENALINE AS A RELAXANT! SO INDIANAPOLIS, YOU BETTER TAKE HIM FIRST OVERALL OR HE'S GONNA TAKE YOUR PRECIOUS LUCK AND THROW IT INTO A WORLD OF PAIN AND RAPE! GROW A PAIR INDY! STOP BEING SUCH PUSSIES AND TAKE HIM FIRST OVERALL! OR ARE YOU GUYS TOO FUCKING PUSSY TO HANDLE HIS RAGE?!?!?!?!
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2012, 9:34 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:BURFICT IS THE BEST PLAYER OF ALL-TIME! MOTHERFUCKING RAY LEWIS, DEACON JONES, DEION SANDERS, WARREN SAPP, MICHAEL STRAHAN, ALL COMBINED INTO ONE TO MAKE BURFICT! 250 POUNDS A PURE FURY COMING AT YOUR ASSHOLE BITCH! BETTER GET THE FUCK OUT OR MAN THE FUCK UP WHEN THIS FUCKING GUY IS ON THE FIELD! Oh, you got the ball Brandon Jacobs? WELL FUCK YOU BRANDON JACOBS, NOW YOU DON'T GOT A HEAD! Oh, Peyton Manning's trying to pass? MAYBE HE SHOULD HAVE PASSED ON HIS FOOTBALL CAREER, BECAUSE BURFICT JUST BROKE HIS NECK RIGHT OFF! Oh, Burfict got suspended for breaking a rule? BITCH GOODELL, BURFICT IS GONNA SUSPEND YOU FROM A FUCKING ROOF OF A BUILDING!

THIS MOTHERFUCKER NEEDS DRUGS JUST TO CALM HIM DOWN! HE TAKES ADRENALINE AS A RELAXANT! SO INDIANAPOLIS, YOU BETTER TAKE HIM FIRST OVERALL OR HE'S GONNA TAKE YOUR PRECIOUS LUCK AND THROW IT INTO A WORLD OF PAIN AND RAPE! GROW A PAIR INDY! STOP BEING SUCH PUSSIES AND TAKE HIM FIRST OVERALL! OR ARE YOU GUYS TOO FUCKING PUSSY TO HANDLE HIS RAGE?!?!?!?!

well said Very Happy
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 26th 2012, 2:04 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:BURFICT IS THE BEST PLAYER OF ALL-TIME! MOTHERFUCKING RAY LEWIS, DEACON JONES, DEION SANDERS, WARREN SAPP, MICHAEL STRAHAN, ALL COMBINED INTO ONE TO MAKE BURFICT! 250 POUNDS A PURE FURY COMING AT YOUR ASSHOLE BITCH! BETTER GET THE FUCK OUT OR MAN THE FUCK UP WHEN THIS FUCKING GUY IS ON THE FIELD! Oh, you got the ball Brandon Jacobs? WELL FUCK YOU BRANDON JACOBS, NOW YOU DON'T GOT A HEAD! Oh, Peyton Manning's trying to pass? MAYBE HE SHOULD HAVE PASSED ON HIS FOOTBALL CAREER, BECAUSE BURFICT JUST BROKE HIS NECK RIGHT OFF! Oh, Burfict got suspended for breaking a rule? BITCH GOODELL, BURFICT IS GONNA SUSPEND YOU FROM A FUCKING ROOF OF A BUILDING!

that was almost as good at the conversation he left in the favorite simpsons thread
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S April 26th 2012, 7:47 am

I find it funny how puppetz wants all the bad players.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 26th 2012, 1:39 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:I find it funny how puppetz wants all the bad players.

puppetz is actually mike tannebum the jets GM
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 26th 2012, 5:53 pm

hmmm, lets take a closer look at exactly who the players that you dub as 'bad' are...

Alshon Jeffrey...was touted as a Top 5 prospect after his Junior year hwere he had 1 QB throwing him the ball all season and exploded, stayed for his Senior season and played with 5 various QBs on a Run FIRST team so his stats drop and his draft stock dropped Rolling Eyes..but when he was confronted by playing against the so called BEST DBs in the country he OWNED THEM but yet they will go in the top 15 and one is gaurenteed Top 5 material but Alshon isnt Wink ...Alshon over Blackmon ALL DAY

Vontaze Burfict, was THE TOP RANKED LB PROSPECT IN THE COUNTRY!!!! lol, he pissed off his coach and pissed off some guys interviewing him..SO FUCKING WHAT!!!! i guess he could be the best LB in the country but if he doesnt give good lip service to certain people he gets blackballed and may fall completely out of the draft? ...this is a Chris Berman moment coming up...C'MON MAN!!!
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  S April 26th 2012, 6:24 pm

Im sure burfict did a bit more for him to go from the best lb prospect to undrafted
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 26th 2012, 6:56 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:Im sure burfict did a bit more for him to go from the best lb prospect to undrafted

i agree and he sure did, for starters he was acting very immature last season, i read an article that when his team played stanford and the Defense wasnt set that he shoved a Ref so that would delay the hurry up offense that was being used, he did it for all his teamates to be able to get in position and got benched for it, boneheaded move right there....also he plays with a mean streak and got 7 personal fouls in 2 seasons so that led to more bench time, and like i said he was very immature and didnt take the benching very well so he did other stupid stuff during interviews, for instance he called out his coaches for his mediocre season saying it was mediocre because he was on the bench most of the time but still got 70 Tackles and a few Sacks when he actually did play....i never put much stock in the Combine, its basically a "whos faster than who" in track shoes and shorts, i always believe what i see on film more than any analyst can tell me, they drool over guys breaking Combine "records" but what have those same athletes actually done on the field? Alshon Jeffrey is a perfect example of what im talking about, he dominates the DBs he faces EVERY week and he really does look alot faster on the field than his mediocre pro Day stats would tell you, i can never understand how a player can totally OWN the so called best prospects in the Draft but yet that same player isnt projected to get Drafted until the 2nd or 3rd round while those guys are getting picked in the 1st...just doesnt make sense.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 26th 2012, 8:03 pm

Mastr = Epitome of reason and logic
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 26th 2012, 8:42 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

hmmm, lets take a closer look at exactly who the players that you dub as 'bad' are...

Alshon Jeffrey...was touted as a Top 5 prospect after his Junior year hwere he had 1 QB throwing him the ball all season and exploded, stayed for his Senior season and played with 5 various QBs on a Run FIRST team so his stats drop and his draft stock dropped Rolling Eyes..but when he was confronted by playing against the so called BEST DBs in the country he OWNED THEM but yet they will go in the top 15 and one is gaurenteed Top 5 material but Alshon isnt Wink ...Alshon over Blackmon ALL DAY

Vontaze Burfict, was THE TOP RANKED LB PROSPECT IN THE COUNTRY!!!! lol, he pissed off his coach and pissed off some guys interviewing him..SO FUCKING WHAT!!!! i guess he could be the best LB in the country but if he doesnt give good lip service to certain people he gets blackballed and may fall completely out of the draft? ...this is a Chris Berman moment coming up...C'MON MAN!!!

Who cares if hes the top LB prospect in the country if hes going to be suspended all the time for his immature behavior on the field? Im not saying this will all transfer into the NFL, but right now its not looking to good for him if he doesnt grow up..... He sounds like another Suh to me.....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 27th 2012, 10:29 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Who cares if hes the top LB prospect in the country if hes going to be suspended all the time for his immature behavior on the field? Im not saying this will all transfer into the NFL, but right now its not looking to good for him if he doesnt grow up..... He sounds like another Suh to me.....

burfict does not consider it sex if the woman survives

comparing him to suh is retarded
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 27th 2012, 5:45 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

I dont mean off the field, I mean how he plays on the field. He just seems like a dirty player.

But on second thought, I kind of hope we do get him in a later round, since we lost out on Hightower (darn pats) Maybe Lewis can turn him around and teach him to play smart football instead of just running and gunning wherever.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden April 27th 2012, 5:49 pm

GAH DAMN PEOPLE, HE'S NOT EVEN GOOD! HE MAKES SOME NICE PLAYS BUT MOST OF THE TIME IS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 27th 2012, 6:17 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

I dont mean off the field, I mean how he plays on the field. He just seems like a dirty player.

But on second thought, I kind of hope we do get him in a later round, since we lost out on Hightower (darn pats) Maybe Lewis can turn him around and teach him to play smart football instead of just running and gunning wherever.

if the jets dont trade up and get courney upshaw, i want burfict
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 27th 2012, 7:15 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

if the jets dont trade up and get courney upshaw, i want burfict

Thats the thing, if the ravens dont trade back with the demand for jenkins, I see them either pick upshaw or konz.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 27th 2012, 7:28 pm

I see them going OL, I think in Ozzies mind, Grubbs leaving was a huge kick in the nuts
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 27th 2012, 7:42 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:I see them going OL, I think in Ozzies mind, Grubbs leaving was a huge kick in the nuts

we could go oline, but there are still some pretty good olineman in the later rounds also. I dont, but I know we need a pass rusher since we lost cory redding, and we dont know whats up with kindle......

Then again, the ravens need alot of things this year.....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next