Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Grading Your Teams 2008 Draft

+13
BaltRavensFan20
tubbs51
Browns
JermikesHere
scrimmage
Pintsizedjark
KWicK78
66-Pittsburgh-43
SteelersJMB
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
HurpDurpHurray
PhantomReturns93
MaddMatter
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Grading Your Teams 2008 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: Grading Your Teams 2008 Draft

Post  MaddMatter May 2nd 2011, 9:58 pm

tubbs51 wrote:Seahawks-

1st Round Pick 28 DE Lawrence Jackson- No longer with the team. Back up caliber player taken where a starter should have been taken. One thing though that class sucked for Defensive line so far. Still has a chance of being good but not with the Seahawks and now is behind KVB and Avril. Grade: D

HELL YEAH! Great pick up for us. He had a career high 6 sacks last season playing behind them. He's going to be our main back-up this year. Lo Jax was a great role player for us.

By the way, have you noticed ever since Mayhew took over as GM we have traded with the Seahawks each year I believe.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 2nd 2011, 10:10 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

That article was published in 2008...
No shit. Thats the point.

So then why not say something? I didn't know what his intentions were with that article...

Didn't think I'd need to..

Well when you posted that I figured you were putting up an article recently that graded the 2008 draft class, then I saw it was from 2008 and thought you might have no realized that.

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 2nd 2011, 10:14 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

So then why not say something? I didn't know what his intentions were with that article...

Well when you posted that I figured you were putting up an article recently that graded the 2008 draft class, then I saw it was from 2008 and thought you might have no realized that.

No I knew what I was posting, but I certainly wouldn't have taken the Jermike road and called you an idiot because you didn't realize what was being posted
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 2nd 2011, 10:16 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

No I knew what I was posting, but I certainly wouldn't have taken the Jermike road and called you an idiot because you didn't realize what was being posted

Actually, I didn't call him an idiot. I just said he isn't that smart.. and it wasn't solely because of this thread.. its because all his posts point to that conclusion.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 2nd 2011, 10:19 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Which I thank you for. At least we clarified that up now.

Back on topic; it's funny to see that your article gave the Ravens a C for their draft, but then 3 years later it was considered one of our best drafts yet, with only one player out of 10 drafted players not being on the team (our very last pick).

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 2nd 2011, 10:21 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Back on topic; it's funny to see that your article gave the Ravens a C for their draft, but then 3 years later it was considered one of our best drafts yet, with only one player out of 10 drafted players not being on the team (our very last pick).

Yep just shows you how all the grades and things for the 2011 draft are pretty meaningless right now. The Ravens had a great draft in 08 even though the "experts" kind of crapped on it.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 2nd 2011, 10:23 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I'd probably give us a B- with our draft considering Mendenhall was the best pick in that draft.
Sweed hasn't one anything
Hills also isn't productive
Bruce Davis I only remember using in Madden, never seen him in a real game
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 2nd 2011, 10:24 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I'd probably give us a B- with our draft considering Mendenhall was the best pick in that draft.

That's it? Just Mendenhall? Damn...!

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 2nd 2011, 10:31 pm

JermikesHere wrote:

Yep just shows you how all the grades and things for the 2011 draft are pretty meaningless right now. The Ravens had a great draft in 08 even though the "experts" kind of crapped on it.

If Stafford stays healthy, I would LOVE to see what the 2009 Lions rating was. Off the top of my head
Stafford
Delmas
Levy
Hill

3 of the 4 are starters and are key parts to the team. As is Hill, but he's forgotten about because of Suh.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 2nd 2011, 10:43 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

That's it? Just Mendenhall? Damn...!

Well I suppose you can add Dennis Dixon but he's not really a starter or even plays, great back up but just not a big deal in my opinion.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 2nd 2011, 11:27 pm

JermikesHere wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Sna isn't very smart.. it takes him a very long time to get things.

I think what he is talking about is the fact of what was stated in the topic post. We are supposed to be grading them AFTER 3 years, if this is the whole point, than why do we need an article that graded them during that draft year (08), and why should those said grades matter if its three years old? Sure its nice to see what people graded our teams draft after the actual draft, but those grades dont really matter after three years do they?

Are you serious? The point was VERY CLEARLY to show how different the way people judge drafts when they happen (like all writers and analysts are doing the past 2 days about this years draft) compared to a few years down the road after the players have played a couple of seasons. Goes to show how pointless and meaningless the draft grades for 2011 are.

Oh I was under the impression this topic was just to grade our teams 2008 draft on our own, not to reference or look back on what the analysts said, but to post what we thought our grades would be after 3 yrs. Nevermind then, I guess I misunderstood the point of the topic.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetsown08 May 2nd 2011, 11:50 pm

1st Round, 6th overall- Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB- TERRIBLE PICK, WHAT THE FUCK WHERE WE THINKING!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Grade: F-

1st Round, 30th overall- Dustin Keller, TE- Turned out to be a decent productive receiving TE for us. Run blocking has improved slightly but still has lots of room to get better in that department. Receiving is very good, route running could use some work, but overall pretty good pick.
Grade: B

4th Round, 113th overall- Dwight Lowery, CB/S- Also turned out to be an alright pick. Decent value for 4th round pick, started a decent amount of games and rotates in at nickel CB and at S when Leonard went out with his injury. Can still improve a little in man coverage, decent in zone coverage. Won't ever really start at CB2, but will contribute on defense as a role player and on STs.
Grade: B-

5th Round, 162nd overall- Erik Ainge, QB- Not much more than a career backup. Fucked his life up with drugs and is on the path back, missed pretty much all of last season and most of training camp due to it. Doesn't have much potential, just used as a cheap 3rd QB in dire emergencies.
Grade: D

6th Round, 171st overall- Marcus Henry, WR- Also not much more than a career backup. Plays on practice squad, definitely no chance to develop, will be useful as a special teamer or as an extra body. Not too useful outside of that.
Grade: D-

7th Round, 211th overall- Nate Garner,OT- Turned out to be a alright role player for the Dolphins, but was a practice squad player while on the Jets. Guess he just never got a chance or needed time to develop. Or maybe the Dolphins were short on O-Lineman. Anyways, he never did anything for us at all. Suited up in pre-season so the starters didn't have to play the entire game.
Grade: F

Overall Grade: C
Didn't really do much in this draft besides pick up a pretty good TE and a decent backup CB. Completely busted on Gholston, even Rex Ryan couldn't coach him up. No way he's going to pan out for any single team. Also pretty much wasted our 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks. None of them have contributed or even shown up in a regular season game I believe. The only reason I liked this draft is because we got Keller and Lowery. Other than that, it'll go down as one of the biggest busts in team history. It'll be remembered as the "Gholston Draft" or something like that. Nobody's going to forget this one any time soon.
Jetsown08
Jetsown08

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 3rd 2011, 1:02 pm

DRC - Not a bad pick by us. Had a bit of an off season last year but hoefully our new DV will get something out of him - B-

Calais Campbell - Our staring DE on the other side of Dockett. Sacked Brett Favre once too. A

Early Douchet - Last season was supposed to be the one where he stepped up and took Boldins place on the other side of Fitz. Spent most of the season injured D+

Kenny Iwebema - Er...has yet to play for us it seems. F

Tim Hightower - Starting running back. Has got fumbling problem. Looks to be on his way out with the pcik of Ryan Williams in the 2011 draft. Was unable to keep his starting job from Edgerrin James' old ass. C+

Chris Harrington - Plays in the UFL. F

Brandon Keith - Has only played 4 times for us and started 0. Maybe he could be the answer to out OLine woes... F

Starters 4, nobodies 3.

Not a bad draft.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 3rd 2011, 1:22 pm

SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 5th 2011, 6:18 am

MaddMatt wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:Seahawks-

1st Round Pick 28 DE Lawrence Jackson- No longer with the team. Back up caliber player taken where a starter should have been taken. One thing though that class sucked for Defensive line so far. Still has a chance of being good but not with the Seahawks and now is behind KVB and Avril. Grade: D

HELL YEAH! Great pick up for us. He had a career high 6 sacks last season playing behind them. He's going to be our main back-up this year. Lo Jax was a great role player for us.

By the way, have you noticed ever since Mayhew took over as GM we have traded with the Seahawks each year I believe.

Yep, Nate Burleson, Maurice Morris (known as Mo Mo here in the NW), Rob Sims... and i think i'm forgeting some one...
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 5th 2011, 6:48 am

tubbs51 wrote:
Yep, Nate Burleson, Maurice Morris (known as Mo Mo here in the NW), Rob Sims... and i think i'm forgeting some one...

Note: I did not look this up lol

I think since Mayhew took over it goes something like

Trade Cory Redding for Julian Peterson
Sign Free Agent Mo Morris
Trade John Henderson (is that his name?) for a 7th round pick
Sign Burleson
Trade a 4th round pick for Rob Sims (GREAT addition, I may add. Kind of weird UofM and OSU playing side by side, with a Cornhusker lol)

I still feel like I'm forgetting at least one though.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 5th 2011, 7:06 am

idk the NW and detroit have an NFL connection lol. you also have John Hanson who grew up in my hometown and played for Wazzu... but that was well before Mayhew.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  scrimmage May 8th 2011, 8:06 pm

Terrell Thomas a near pro bowl player???? That must be why they spent their first round pick on a corner this year. Terrell Thomas isn't good. Manningham was a real good pick though.
Uhh yeah.. Thomas is a pretty solid corner whose forced 15 turnovers the past two years. He was one of the best corners in NFC metric-wise in 2009 and played good in 2010. He gets picked on sometimes because nobody wants to really throw to Webster's side. Oh, and we drafted Prince because he was too good to pass up at 19... we needed cornerback depth and Thomas and Ross are free agents next season.
scrimmage
scrimmage

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 8th 2011, 8:18 pm

tubbs51 wrote:idk the NW and detroit have an NFL connection lol. you also have John Hanson who grew up in my hometown and played for Wazzu... but that was well before Mayhew.

NO IT'S FUCKING JASON HANSEN!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 9th 2011, 1:21 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:idk the NW and detroit have an NFL connection lol. you also have John Hanson who grew up in my hometown and played for Wazzu... but that was well before Mayhew.

NO.

Jason Hanson #4

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 9th 2011, 1:57 am

MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

NO.

Jason Hanson #4

Huh?

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 9th 2011, 6:41 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Huh?

Well, you went to correct Tubbs for saying the wrong first name. You corrected that, with Jason, but you didn't have his last name correct.

Jason HansOn not Hansen. Hanson.

No offense but it makes you look real stupid when you go to correct someone but you fuck up yourself.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 May 9th 2011, 6:54 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Huh?

Well, you went to correct Tubbs for saying the wrong first name. You corrected that, with Jason, but you didn't have his last name correct.

No offense but it makes you look real stupid when you go to correct someone but you fuck up yourself.
lol!
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 9th 2011, 7:11 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Huh?

wait wait wait... sna posted something that made him look real stupid?????? Now I've seen EVERYTHING Laughing Laughing
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 10th 2011, 12:11 am

MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Huh?

Ha, I could have sworn it was Hansen, but yay go me for another embarrassing moment on top of many others.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next