Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

LSU Gives Ring to Players For Losing

+2
S
MaddMatter
6 posters

Go down

LSU Gives Ring to Players For Losing Empty LSU Gives Ring to Players For Losing

Post  MaddMatter June 19th 2012, 9:04 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/sec-championship-rings-remind-lsu-second-best-032449363--ncaaf.html

Ok first off I understand why they got the SEC Championship ring, but to have 2nd nationally on it? CMON MAN! It's like saying "Hey you weren't good enough, but here's a ring anyway" I'm tired of this pussified society where every kid that participates in a sport needs an award. It's sickening, to me, it seems like it's getting to the point where we can't tell people they sucked and they have to try harder next time, you know why? Because right now it's like this "oh you got 9th place? Well its ok honey, you got a 9th place trophy for your hard work and effort." It's fucking stupid. The only time anyone should get a 2nd place award is in the fucking Olympics. But nope, we have to give awards to everyone to participate because this society is a bunch of fucking pussies. I'd be pissed if someone gave me that ring and it had #2 nationally on it.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

LSU Gives Ring to Players For Losing Empty Re: LSU Gives Ring to Players For Losing

Post  S June 19th 2012, 9:28 pm

thank you.
Me and my dad were discussing how in all these singing competitions like American Idol and what not the guy that comes in second place always gets like a record deal the next week or some car. Wtf. You lost. You dont deserve shit. But everyones a winner right? NO
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

LSU Gives Ring to Players For Losing Empty Re: LSU Gives Ring to Players For Losing

Post  MaddMatter June 19th 2012, 9:35 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:thank you.
Me and my dad were discussing how in all these singing competitions like American Idol and what not the guy that comes in second place always gets like a record deal the next week or some car. Wtf. You lost. You dont deserve shit. But everyones a winner right? NO
Your post was absolutely horrible, the worst thing I have ever read in my entire life.

But here's a medal!

Last edited by MaddMatter on June 20th 2012, 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 June 19th 2012, 10:02 pm

....what the hell are you talking about? did you just compare sports to american idol?
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  S June 19th 2012, 10:09 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:

....what the hell are you talking about? did you just compare sports to american idol?
No. I'm just saying.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark June 19th 2012, 11:19 pm

damn, I'm tired of this nonsense about self-esteem and 'everyone is a winner'...this is exactly the same as when little league all-star games are cancelled because the league doesn't want the lower-caliber players to feel bad about not being invited to the game. I can't stand it.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 June 19th 2012, 11:59 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
You're post was absolutely horrible, the worst thing I have ever read in my entire life.

But here's a medal!

MaddMatter wrote:
You're post was absolutely horrible, the worst thing I have ever read in my entire life.

MaddMatter wrote:
You're post was absolutely horrible,

MaddMatter wrote:
You're post
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 June 20th 2012, 12:00 am

As for the topic,at least the team is taking it the right way.It's being used as a motivator instead AT LEAST WE WAS SECOND.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 July 26th 2012, 11:44 pm

Being like 150 miles from Baton Rouge. Trust me, LSU would give each other rings for a successful circle jerk. There are still some LSU fans that haven't even realized they lost the damn game.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down