Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Guitars

3 posters

Go down

Guitars Empty Guitars

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 18th 2012, 12:42 am

http://www.martinguitar.com/custom-shop/workshop.html

Try building a custom guitar through that app thing. I had to stop when my price reached 7000 dollars
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Guitars Empty Re: Guitars

Post  BaltRavensFan20 July 18th 2012, 7:47 pm

I wanted a martin or taylor accoustic, but I thought the price was a bit steep for my first guitar so I had settled for a Dean, once I get better I'll spend more money for a really good one...
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 18th 2012, 9:47 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I wanted a martin or taylor accoustic, but I thought the price was a bit steep for my first guitar so I had settled for a Dean, once I get better I'll spend more money for a really good one...

My 1st guitar, 100 bucks (freshmen year of hs)
My 1st electric, 200 (bought in january)
My 2nd electric, 100 (bought in march)
My 1st Cello, 1g (I rented prior, 3rd grade to 7th grade)
My 1st Violin, worth 1g but it was free, found it in my grandpas basement (5th grade)
My 1st bass guitar, 200 bucks (6th grade)
My 1st bass acoustic 200 (last june)

Thats what I own. What I want.
Gibson ES-335 semi hollow electric 2gs
Martin Mahogany CS 4gs
Stradivarius Violin and Cello, combined 30gs (I'll keep dreaming)

I'd suggest staying away from Taylor guitars, its not that they are a bad company, just if you want a 100% quality guitar for the price and know someone made it with their heart and soul you get a Martin. The factory is near me and my friend went there and he says everyone takes their jobs seriously, love acoustic instruments, and are super nice and friendly. I want to take a tour, its only an hour and a half from me.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ July 18th 2012, 10:46 pm

i got a pretty cool guitar when i bought a video game, for some reason i can play ANY song I want and play it just as good as the real musicians, its really cool
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 18th 2012, 11:28 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:i got a pretty cool guitar when i bought a video game, for some reason i can play ANY song I want and play it just as good as the real musicians, its really cool

shut your face
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 July 19th 2012, 5:44 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I wanted a martin or taylor accoustic, but I thought the price was a bit steep for my first guitar so I had settled for a Dean, once I get better I'll spend more money for a really good one...

My 1st Violin, worth 1g but it was free, found it in my grandpas basement (5th grade)

Martin Mahogany CS 4gs

I'd suggest staying away from Taylor guitars, its not that they are a bad company, just if you want a 100% quality guitar for the price and know someone made it with their heart and soul you get a Martin. The factory is near me and my friend went there and he says everyone takes their jobs seriously, love acoustic instruments, and are super nice and friendly. I want to take a tour, its only an hour and a half from me.

The one I bought was 400-500 dollars. Its ash with kind of a natural curvy grain to it. The next one I get will prob be a martin. I have a liking to the different wood grains. For example I saw a koa wood guitar (I dont know if it was martin or not) for 10,000 in a guitar center catalouge. One of the people I listen to gets his guitars from a custom maker for like 14,000 plus.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 20th 2012, 12:36 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:

Martin Mahogany CS 4gs

The one I bought was 400-500 dollars. Its ash with kind of a natural curvy grain to it. The next one I get will prob be a martin. I have a liking to the different wood grains. For example I saw a koa wood guitar (I dont know if it was martin or not) for 10,000 in a guitar center catalouge. One of the people I listen to gets his guitars from a custom maker for like 14,000 plus.

There are a lot of places you can get a fully custom guitar. I just realized gibson guitars cant be custom unless you order a shipment of 12. so it is really only for retail places to customize.

personally to me, maple, mahogany, and spruce are the 3 top woods tone wise. You get a really good vibrato and sustain with a bass thats rich but not over powering.

For your 1st instrument, it is better to go cheap, but playing the expensive guitars in GC, the feel is a ton better. All I want is an electric and acoustic guitar I can be happy to own and play and proud of.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 25th 2012, 12:17 am

no longer do i want a gibson. they are going the wrong way developmentally

i recently saw an interview with the president or ceo wtf ever dude guy at gibson and he was asked a bunch a questions about other companies cutting costs and shit.

ill paraphrase his answer. "while other companies look to decrease the price while maintaining quality, we look to keep quality while also increasing prices because people associate gibson with quality"

your les pauls have fucked up necks.

I am buying a carvin guitar. made in the USA, unique, lesser know, and no fucking attitude or arrogance behind the name
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum