Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Penn State Get Them Knee Pads Ready!

+6
EPICxPENGUIN69
RSoxGuy
Thadden
S
Pintsizedjark
MaddMatter
10 posters

Go down

Penn State Get Them Knee Pads Ready! Empty Penn State Get Them Knee Pads Ready!

Post  MaddMatter July 23rd 2012, 11:04 am

Penn State is FUCKED! I bet Thadden is crying right now.

$60 Million fine to Penn State
Loss of 10 Scholarships per year for 4 years (So only 15 a year)
Current Players can transfer immediately with no penalty (Not having to sit out a year)
Post Season Ban for 4 Years
5 Year Probation
Wins from 1998-2011 are all vacated.

They reports were right, I would much rather have the death penalty for a year than this. I mean damn, they will hardly be able to compete with MAC teams with this shit.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Penn State Get Them Knee Pads Ready! Empty Re: Penn State Get Them Knee Pads Ready!

Post  Pintsizedjark July 23rd 2012, 12:35 pm

no reason for Paterno to drop to 12th on the list of most wins all time...this shit had nothing to do with anything on-the-field

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Penn State Get Them Knee Pads Ready! Empty Re: Penn State Get Them Knee Pads Ready!

Post  S July 23rd 2012, 12:39 pm

NCAA just did to penn state what Sandusky did to those boys.
No reason to punish the players or Joe Pa's wins.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 23rd 2012, 1:10 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:NCAA just did to penn state what Sandusky did to those boys.
No reason to punish the players or Joe Pa's wins.

I think they punished Joe Pa's legacy more than anything with this statement. Because he did cover it up back in the day.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden July 23rd 2012, 2:11 pm

Not crying but pretty fucking pissed off. Why are we punishing the players, staff and fans who had nothing to do with this scandal 11 years ago? Its complete bullshit
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark July 23rd 2012, 2:18 pm

Thadden wrote:Not crying but pretty fucking pissed off. Why are we punishing the players, staff and fans who had nothing to do with this scandal 11 years ago? Its complete bullshit

I agree, this is what happens every time with EVERY college problem.

"Oh, one player was ineligible in 2002? Oh well, no bowls for any of you until 2014"

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 23rd 2012, 2:29 pm

Thadden wrote:Not crying but pretty fucking pissed off. Why are we punishing the players, staff and fans who had nothing to do with this scandal 11 years ago? Its complete bullshit

Well think of it like this. If we had known Joe covered up this scandal back in, what was it, 98? He probably would have been fired there. So I guess if I'm looking at it from the NCAA's eyes. It's almost like playing with an ineligible coach.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy July 23rd 2012, 3:52 pm

$60 Million fine to Penn State- $60 mill? When it costs over 100K to attend a school for 2 years, fining a school is senseless and useless. Who is gonna end up making up that $60 mill shortfall? I bet its not the administration or assholes that covered it up, the price will be passed on to students. (Students lose, real guilty parties not effected)

Loss of 10 Scholarships per year for 4 years (So only 15 a year) _ Again punishing 15 kids chances to get into college and play ball who other wise wouldn't be able to afford it. Its not like they spread out those 15 scholarships amongst the rest of the division. Students pay for admin's ass-holism.

Current Players can transfer immediately with no penalty (Not having to sit out a year) I dont think any1 can disagree with this. Should be able to do so for all years Penn is under penalty.

Post Season Ban for 4 Years - Again students suffer. If the NCAA was interested in real sanctions, they should have made it NO TV at all for 4 years. What does the class of 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 owe to the victims? Why aren't they allowed to play in the post season? Again, this doesn't help any1, only hurts more people.

5 Year Probation - What good is a 5 yr probation when they demonstrate they have no issues covering up problems for 11+ years? Its almost insulting to issue a 5 yr probation.

Wins from 1998-2011 are all vacated. - Urg, What is the deal with vacating wins? Does that mean that wins are added to other teams in the previous years? Doesn't that mean their playoff structure and ranking for their league those years are now fucked? Again, punishing players on the field for shit that the administration was doing as useless.

This is all posturing by the NCAA. I mean who the hell releases a press statement saying they are releasing the punishment on Monday? A little attention whoring by the NCAA while the country mourns 12 dead and 50+ injured in a theater shooting? All this NCAA bullshit is total politicking and is a media grabbing stunt. Please, the NCAA is acting like they give a shit about parent's kids going to these schools yet they issues all these weak and bogus penalty who only hurt the very kids they claim to care about. Not the assholes in the front offices who should be facing jail time and be responsible for the $60 mill fines, not the students by raising tuition.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 23rd 2012, 5:32 pm

the 60 mill is going to be paid out over a LONG period of time, it wont be a 1 check deal. the ncaa said its giving it all the charaties

the scholarships will fuck up the program. obrien is going to have to seriously recruit hidden gem players

4 year bowl ban will fuck up the money into the program and its national recognition

knowing penn state, not many players will leave

If I were bill obrien, I would do everything in my ability to keep penn state in the news for good things.
-new uniforms by nike, nothing crazy but have a new home/away, a nike pro uni, and maybe a black uniform
-press conference where he says this shit sucks but it wont affect the program he wants to build
-develop a nebraska type walk-on program. scholarships help but nebraska won 2 titles both with at least 7 walk on starters on defense.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 July 23rd 2012, 5:45 pm

Im glad they came dowon hard on penn state, but I dont like how its going to hurt the students. The students have nothing to do with this crap.....

They might as well just do away with the football program, whos going to want to go on a team that will prob 99.9% lose all their games, and wont be able to go to the playoffs?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 23rd 2012, 5:48 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Im glad they came dowon hard on penn state, but I dont like how its going to hurt the students. The students have nothing to do with this crap.....

They might as well just do away with the football program, whos going to want to go on a team that will prob 99.9% lose all their games, and wont be able to go to the playoffs?

I think the president of the university decided to do this punishment over the death penalty.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns July 23rd 2012, 6:12 pm

I'm glad they did this, it had to be done.
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray July 23rd 2012, 8:20 pm

This reminds me of when someone does something bad in your class at school and the teacher asks who did it, and nobody says anything. So the teacher just punishes the whole class instead of just the ones that covered up what they did wrong
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 23rd 2012, 8:48 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:This reminds me of when someone does something bad in your class at school and the teacher asks who did it, and nobody says anything. So the teacher just punishes the whole class instead of just the ones that covered up what they did wrong

Hmm. Except for that fact that the teacher would know and the principle, so that doesn't really work.

I think a more accurate example would be:
A school is a top 10 school in your state, every gets good grades, no problems ever happen. No one get suspended or anything. Then one day, a teacher gets it on with one of their students. Another teacher walks in on them and is convinced to keep quiet about it. The principal eventually finds out, but keeps it quiet because they don't want to ruin the reputation of the school. So when the story about the teacher getting it on with kid gets out. Everyone gets fucked because the principal wanted to cover up a crime rather than damage the image of the school.

Last edited by MaddMatter on July 24th 2012, 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray July 23rd 2012, 11:43 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:This reminds me of when someone does something bad in your class at school and the teacher asks who did it, and nobody says anything. So the teacher just punishes the whole class instead of just the ones that covered up what they did wrong

Hmm. Except for that fact that the teacher would know and the principle, so that doesn't really work.

A school is a top 10 school in your state, every gets good grades, no problems ever happen. No one get suspended or anything. Then one day, a teacher gets it on with one of their students. Another teacher walks in on them and is convinced to keep quiet about it. The principle eventually finds out, but keeps it quiet because they don't want to ruin the reputation of the school. So when the story about the teacher getting it on with kid gets out. Everyone gets fucked because the principle wanted to cover up a crime rather than damage the image of the school.

Principal*
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 24th 2012, 3:15 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

A school is a top 10 school in your state, every gets good grades, no problems ever happen. No one get suspended or anything. Then one day, a teacher gets it on with one of their students. Another teacher walks in on them and is convinced to keep quiet about it. The principle eventually finds out, but keeps it quiet because they don't want to ruin the reputation of the school. So when the story about the teacher getting it on with kid gets out. Everyone gets fucked because the principle wanted to cover up a crime rather than damage the image of the school.

Principal*

Happy now?

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 25th 2012, 1:38 pm

I love this new HC O'Brien. every interview he nails, he is a PSU alum, and he is a good coach. Everyone is writing PSU off, I think this guy will help them weather the storm. I dont see too much of a drop off.

I dont think they will average 10 wins a year like they used to but maybe 7 or 8 a year is a fuck you to the ncaa
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 25th 2012, 1:40 pm

I love this new HC O'Brien. every interview he nails, he is a PSU alum, and he is a good coach. Everyone is writing PSU off, I think this guy will help them weather the storm. I dont see too much of a drop off.

I dont think they will average 10 wins a year like they used to but maybe 7 or 8 a year is a fuck you to the ncaa
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 25th 2012, 9:15 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:I love this new HC O'Brien. every interview he nails, he is a PSU alum, and he is a good coach. Everyone is writing PSU off, I think this guy will help them weather the storm. I dont see too much of a drop off.

10 wins down to 7 or 8? That's a pretty big drop off. But you seriously don't think there will be a huge drop off? The guy on gets 15 scholarships a year. There's gonna be a drop off.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 26th 2012, 4:38 am

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8199905/penn-state-nittany-lions-rodney-erickson-said-school-faced-4-year-death-penalty

My God.

FOUR year Death Penalty? Penn State would have never recovered. Hell it took SMU, what 20+ years just to make it to a bowl game and that was only for a year!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 July 26th 2012, 6:10 am

I'm not too surprised but it is a bit extreme. Hopefully PSU can make it though as a football program.

My standpoint is that they did cover it up for over a decade. They want to set a precedent that that behavior is not acceptable whatsoever and that it will cause serious punishment. It sucks for the kids but at least they do have the opportunity to transfer with no penalty.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down