Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Panther's Backfield

+3
EPICxPENGUIN69
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
S
7 posters

Go down

Panther's Backfield  Empty Panther's Backfield

Post  S August 1st 2012, 4:27 pm

So, I'm bored because our training excercise got cancelled due to lightning, I have decided to look up our rushing stats from last year. Some of the stats kind of surprised me... Either way, I think that we will run the ball more next year and our offense will probably end up being pretty damned efficient if not... dare i say prolific

NAME ATT YDS AVG LONG 20+ TD
DeAngelo Williams 155 836 5.4 74 11 7

Jonathan Stewart 142 761 5.4 32 6 4

Cam Newton 126 706 5.6 49 6 14

First team to ever have 3 700+ yard rushers.
Total: 2,303 yds 25 TD's

Add Tolbert to the mix
Mike Tolbert 121 490 4.1 40 3 8

If you add up all of those yards, and TD's here's what we could do...
2,793 yds 33 Td's
That's only on the ground...

Now lets look at them catching the ball.
NAME REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G

Jonathan Stewart 41 61 413 8.8 1 26 4 25.8

DeAngelo Williams 16 26 135 8.4 0 32 1 8.4

Mike Tolbert 54 79 433 8.0 2 27 3 28.9

Add them together and here's what we could* do:
981 yds 3 TD's

Wondering what rushing and recieving stats would look like if combined? Dont worry... I got you:
3,774 yds 36 Td's

That's pretty damn good.

S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Panther's Backfield  Empty Re: Panther's Backfield

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 1st 2012, 7:25 pm

Panthers do have a very good backfield, now if Cam 'I hold it cause I can" Newton doesnt become a complete ballhog and take all the carries away from those HBs you guys could be dangerous
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 1st 2012, 7:30 pm

no way everyone will be happy
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 1st 2012, 8:36 pm

EPICxWOLF66 wrote:no way everyone will be happy

Put Tolbert at FB, put in DWill on passing downs, JStew on first down and goalline. Problem?
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 1st 2012, 9:25 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxWOLF66 wrote:no way everyone will be happy

Put Tolbert at FB, put in DWill on passing downs, JStew on first down and goalline. Problem?

Yea, Tolbert will want minimum 30 to 40 catches. D will wants 1st and 2nd down rushes, and J stew wants to be the feature back. Cam will have a shadow over all of them. As a team, they get less than 1600 total rush yards
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 1st 2012, 9:45 pm

D will and J Stew split carries. J Stew is a better catcher out the backfield than D will. We all know that Tolbert is the full back and from what i'm hearing in camp he's getting his. Most of Cam's runs are designed runs anyway's plus last year are receiving minus Smitty could not get open, which would cause Cam to run a lot more. This year are receiving corp is a lot faster, so Cam's numbers are expected to drop.

If Cam's numbers drop we will win more games.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 2nd 2012, 1:10 am

The key is keeping everyone happy. You can't keep 3 RB's happy, while a QB is getting a ton of rushes and you can't keep WR's happy if you never throw it.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 2nd 2012, 2:09 am

I dont think the panthers even have a top 5 back field. 6 or 7 at best
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 2nd 2012, 4:05 am

to bad there is only 1 ball in play every snap.

but in a division where nobody knows defense im pretty everyone will get there touches.

shootouts are bound to happen instead of defensive battles lol.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 2nd 2012, 12:47 pm

EPICxWOLF66 wrote:I dont think the panthers even have a top 5 back field. 6 or 7 at best
That's crazy of you to say seeing as how we had 3 players average 5+ yards a carry and have 3 players to rush for over 700+ yards in the same season. Please tell me who has a better ensemble of runners? The only team that can come close is the Texans maybe.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 August 2nd 2012, 4:48 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:
EPICxWOLF66 wrote:I dont think the panthers even have a top 5 back field. 6 or 7 at best
That's crazy of you to say seeing as how we had 3 players average 5+ yards a carry and have 3 players to rush for over 700+ yards in the same season. Please tell me who has a better ensemble of runners? The only team that can come close is the Texans maybe.

I'm an ignorant Saints**** fan, so I don't know a whole lot. But S is right. The panthers have as good of a backfield as anyone. I'm trying to think of who you could be thinking is better. I honestly can't, I think you might have had a mental lapse there. When you put their whole backfield together, I mean there are better running backs.. But I would rather have several good backs than one great one. Because those great backs aren't like they used to be. They get hurt often and usually don't last so long. LT might be the last guy to rush like that. Where if you have 2-3 good backs they can split carries and avoid injury more likely than just one guy and have longer more productive careers. Productive in the sense that they get the job done when they get the ball, not outrageous stats like an Adrian Peterson.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 2nd 2012, 5:21 pm

usmfan45 wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

I'm an ignorant Saints****** fan, so I don't know a whole lot.

I was just saying what you said is what a typical ignorant Saints** fan would say.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 2nd 2012, 6:06 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:
usmfan45 wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

I'm an ignorant Saints******** fan, so I don't know a whole lot.

I was just saying what you said is what a typical ignorant Saints**** fan would say.

think about their back field. I think the Saints** have a better and more versital back field, the giants have a really good back field, SF has an awesome back field, and TB has a really good back field
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 2nd 2012, 7:00 pm

EPICxWOLF66 wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:
usmfan45 wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

I'm an ignorant Saints************ fan, so I don't know a whole lot.

I was just saying what you said is what a typical ignorant Saints******** fan would say.

think about their back field. I think the Saints****** have a better and more versital back field, the giants have a really good back field, SF has an awesome back field, and TB has a really good back field
lol ok right. They all have solid backfields but none of them is better..The only back better with the Saints**** is Sproles and he is mainly for passes and the return game.. Your trying to tell me that Pierre Thomas and Mark Ingram is better than J Stew and D Will...
San Fran has Gore who is really good, Kendall Hunter isn't better than any of our backs, and now Jacobs, who isn't better than J Stew or D will.

Tampa Bay has Doug Martin who I like and Blount who is good when he chooses to be which is less than 50% of his games.

Last edited by S-UNIT302 on August 2nd 2012, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 2nd 2012, 7:02 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:
EPICxWOLF66 wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:
usmfan45 wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

I'm an ignorant Saints************ fan, so I don't know a whole lot.

I was just saying what you said is what a typical ignorant Saints******** fan would say.

think about their back field. I think the Saints****** have a better and more versital back field, the giants have a really good back field, SF has an awesome back field, and TB has a really good back field
lol ok right. They all have solid backfields but none of them is better..The only back better with the Saints**** is Sproles and he is mainly for passes and the return game.. Your trying to tell me that Pierre Thomas and Mark Ingram is better than J Stew and D Will...

Collectively, the get a lot of yards and TDs and pass block really well. I am not saying the panthers back field sucks, There are just a few teams back fields I'd rather take
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 2nd 2012, 7:08 pm

EPICxWOLF66 wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:
EPICxWOLF66 wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:
usmfan45 wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

I'm an ignorant Saints************** fan, so I don't know a whole lot.

I was just saying what you said is what a typical ignorant Saints********** fan would say.

think about their back field. I think the Saints******** have a better and more versital back field, the giants have a really good back field, SF has an awesome back field, and TB has a really good back field
lol ok right. They all have solid backfields but none of them is better..The only back better with the Saints****** is Sproles and he is mainly for passes and the return game.. Your trying to tell me that Pierre Thomas and Mark Ingram is better than J Stew and D Will...

Collectively, the get a lot of yards and TDs and pass block really well. I am not saying the panthers back field sucks, There are just a few teams back fields I'd rather take
All of our blocks pass block very well what are you talking about? lol Everything your saying is pretty much wrong.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 2nd 2012, 7:32 pm

I am making sense. The panther back field is good, not saying they are bad. The Saints** back field is just more versatile than the panthers. The panthers have 2 solid running backs to carry the load and a gadget back in tolbert.

The Saints** have 3 guys who really are what the Saints** use in are "do it all" backs. would I build a team around sproles? Ingrahm? or Pierre? no. I could take Williams or Stewart and give them 25 rushes a game. The fact the have Tolbert, Williams, and Stewart grants them ability to have fresh legs running the ball but I dont believe they have the best back field. I actually believe SF does, that is just my opinion.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 August 2nd 2012, 11:20 pm

I'm getting what Epic is saying now. He is saying he would rather have three different style running backs, whereas the panthers only have really scat backs. I still think in terms of overall talent the Panthers have the best, but if you are looking for a team with speciality guys, there are a few other better options.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 2nd 2012, 11:27 pm

usmfan45 wrote:I'm getting what Epic is saying now. He is saying he would rather have three different style running backs, whereas the panthers only have really scat backs. I still think in terms of overall talent the Panthers have the best, but if you are looking for a team with speciality guys, there are a few other better options.
All of our backs are different.. Deangelo is the closet to a scat, J Stew would have been the bruiser but now we have Tolbert but he'll be a full back anyways so..
I understand.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 August 2nd 2012, 11:30 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:
usmfan45 wrote:I'm getting what Epic is saying now. He is saying he would rather have three different style running backs, whereas the panthers only have really scat backs. I still think in terms of overall talent the Panthers have the best, but if you are looking for a team with speciality guys, there are a few other better options.
All of our backs are different.. Deangelo is the closet to a scat, J Stew would have been the bruiser but now we have Tolbert but he'll be a full back anyways so..
I understand.

If Mark Ingram was more of a dominant bruising running back I would say the Saints** had a better one because Of the versatility of Sproles being lightning, Ingram being a freight train, and Thomas being a jack of all trades kinda guy, but until Ingram matures a lot and actually plays like he did at Alabama... Carolina has a way better backfield.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 2nd 2012, 11:51 pm

Yea, I am not saying the panthers back field sucks. They are good. I would take any one of their backs over shaun greene.

I liked stewart at oregon, well worth a 1st round pick.

D Williams was awesome a couple years ago but his stats have gone down a bit, not his ability, they just used more a committee backfield.

You have good backs but I think you need more variety then 3 guys who will run over line backers. Look at the giants back field a couple years ago when eli got his 1st ring.

Powerful huge back, really small fast guy, a guy who can be used in any situation on offense and special teams.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 August 2nd 2012, 11:53 pm

And apparently Cam Newton to take large hand outs from Colleges nation wide. I wish I could make that kinda money in college.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 2nd 2012, 11:54 pm

D will isn't a power back lol
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 2nd 2012, 11:56 pm

usmfan45 wrote:And apparently Cam Newton to take large hand outs from Colleges nation wide. I wish I could make that kinda money in college.

Panther's Backfield  Bounty-paper-towels
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down