Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Curtis Martin

4 posters

Go down

Curtis Martin Empty Curtis Martin

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 4th 2012, 10:52 pm

Quick story about him since I am watching his speech. I grew up watching him, some of the earliest games I remember was him at running back. I remember watching something on the NFL network where he told stories and stuff, one of which was his grandmother gave him a 2 dollar bill with "good luck to you" on it. and when he was in the NFL he always played with it in his sock.

ANY WAY

in 2004, Jets vs. Seahawks. I went to the game with a ball and this two dollar bill. After the game, jets won 37-14. I remember every play of the game. After the game, me and my mom are out where the players come out, I didnt care about any other persons autograph, only wanted his. Shaun Alexander, Jerry Rice, Wayne Chrebecht, Kevin Maewea, etc etc etc. I let them pass.

Curtis eventually comes out, I was so happy to get his autograph and I went to give him the two dollar bill and I said "because I heard you lost yours" and he politely declined and said I should hold on to it.

He really is my favorite player all time in any sport on any team. I still have the autographed ball and the two dollar bill
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Curtis Martin Empty Re: Curtis Martin

Post  usmfan45 August 5th 2012, 1:14 am

Meeting an NFL player and giving him money, My dream. ha ha. not. But Curtis Martin is probably my all time favorite Jet. He always seemed like a classy guy, whereas most nfl players are normally losers in terms of personality.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy August 5th 2012, 12:33 pm

Him and Parcells are both traitorous sons of bitches. Should have stuffed that $2 dollar bill up his ass. Ya I still mad bro....
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 5th 2012, 1:36 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:Him and Parcells are both traitorous sons of bitches. Should have stuffed that $2 dollar bill up his ass. Ya I still mad bro....

ummm, we could say the same about Bill Belecheat already having a contract in place with the Patriots even though he was the new Jets Head Coach...as for Curtis, all Bob "Giggalo" Kraft had to do was PAY THE MAN, after all, he did deserve it.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy August 5th 2012, 10:04 pm

dont even get me started on the difference between the 2 topics. Traitors have a special place in hell as apposed to cheaters. Wade Boggs, Rodger Clemens(and dont give that Toronto bullshit), Johnny Damon, Parcells and Vinitari are included on that list to name a few.

As for the video, I felt embarrassed just watching it. It was definately odd. Im with ya on that one.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 5th 2012, 10:39 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:dont even get me started on the difference between the 2 topics. Traitors have a special place in hell as apposed to cheaters. Wade Boggs, Rodger Clemens(and dont give that Toronto bullshit), Johnny Damon, Parcells and Vinitari are included on that list to name a few.

As for the video, I felt embarrassed just watching it. It was definately odd. Im with ya on that one.

Traitors? do you mean players/coaches that once played/coached for one organization and when it was time to pay those players or give that coach a little more control of the team, the owner decided not to? in the case of Bill Parcells, all he wanted was control of the players he drafted, he didnt get it so he moved on...as for Curtis, he was offered a paultry 4 year deal worth 2.1 million dollars from the Patriots, the Jets ponied up a 6 yr contract for 36 MILLION dollars, can you REALLY blame Curtis? ...Boggs and Clemens along with Vinatieri are in the same boat, the Patriots didnt think Vinateri was worth "best kicker pay" and let him walk, Boggs and Clemens were deemed "too old" for a lucritive contract by "thier own" orginization...maybe the Traitors you speak of actually wear the same colors YOU support Question
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy August 6th 2012, 12:58 am

Its more about where they go (I would assume every team has a rival that they would consider traitorous if their star player was to go to). Sox to yanks, Pats to Indy after they beat us up, Parcells told the team the night before the SB vs Farve he wasn't coming back next year or how he and he offered Martin that contract to NY that violated the bargaining agreement and the NFL agreed and gave them 2 draft picks (NE couldn't offer to match because it was written intentionally so the Pats couldn't cover it: $3.3 mill bonus - salary cap) , shit like that.

By all means when Im talking about people going to hell Im saying it in a "world of sports" kinda way. There's NO way i feel these people should rot in hell with child molesters and other scourge of the earth. Its more of a fan thing.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 6th 2012, 1:12 am

RSoxGuy wrote:Its more about where they go (I would assume every team has a rival that they would consider traitorous if their star player was to go to). Sox to yanks, Pats to Indy after they beat us up, Parcells told the team the night before the SB vs Farve he wasn't coming back next year or how he and he offered Martin that contract to NY that violated the bargaining agreement and the NFL agreed and gave them 2 draft picks (NE couldn't offer to match because it was written intentionally so the Pats couldn't cover it: $3.3 mill bonus - salary cap) , shit like that.

By all means when Im talking about people going to hell Im saying it in a "world of sports" kinda way. There's NO way i feel these people should rot in hell with child molesters and other scourge of the earth. Its more of a fan thing.

I totally understand the 'fan" aspect of sports, personally i am still pissed that we let Danny Woodhead go because we had "too much talent' in our backfield, Woodhead has played a great role in the Patriots system and I cringe every time he makes a big play, but I do not consider him a 'Traitor" because I know that it was my team that released him and there wasnt anything he could do about it, he has just made the most of his oppurtunties that the Pats have given him, i wish him the best ( except when he plays the Jets), if one day he makes it to the HOF I still wont consider him a Traitor, thats a pretty harsh word....in all reality, the biggest Traitor of them all is Bill Belecheat, he was under contract with the NY Jets and was handed the Head Coach position, he chose to resign and run to New England, therefore the Patriots had to surrender 2 first round picks to settle the situation...Parcells,Martin,Boggs,Vinateri,Clemens and even Babe FUCKING Ruth were deemed expendable by thier organization, Im sure if management would have simply PAID those guys for what they did for thier respective teams , they ALL would have STILL been Patriots or Redsox
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy August 6th 2012, 12:58 pm

I agree. Thing is with Woodhead he hasn't or wasn't there for very long like the others I listed and wasn't at the top of his game like the others (OK Boggs was never really all that great compared to the others on that list). Will woodhead ever see the HOF? Highly unlikely. Is he a good player? Sure. I would put more of my anger into the organization (front office) than toward him. I have the same feelings about Justin Masterson (traded to Cleveland but we should have kept him and sent Buckholz), Youk and Hanley Ramirez (was projected to be one of the best SS of all time, traded to Marlins for Beckett and Lowell which worked for us but I was always mad to see him go). I blame the front office for that bullshit. Not so much the player.

As for BB coming here after having the job in NY, I would expect most JEST fans to have him on their traitor list. Fair is fair.

In a perfect world, players would have the same beliefes as thier fans. No Rsox player would ever go to NYY. Same with STL and PHI. I understand their hatred is pretty deep also. In the real world I realize this just isnt the case and every1 wants to most $$$ for their expertise, but Im only 1 fan who has always been a Rsox fan and by default have always been a Yankee hater. Even in HS, I had a chance to go to my rival HS for the last 2 years of HS. Being a football player and being smoked by that rival many times in the past and by looking at teh record books and seeing that we where 22-60 on Turkey day, it turned my stomach at the thought of playing for the other guy.

I guess I wish loyalty meant something. It shouldnt decide whether you put food on the table or not because loyalty to family comes first. BUT, I wish there was something of a loyalty factor left in sports.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 6th 2012, 6:28 pm

It is pro sports. You go where the money is. Football is the ultimate fuck you sport because you see rivals sign guys who played for the other team. No one really cares and if you do youre a tool
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down