Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

HATERZ HATERZ GO AWAY, COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY!!!!

+5
RSoxGuy
tubbs51
TRU11
Pintsizedjark
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
9 posters

Go down

HATERZ HATERZ GO AWAY, COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY!!!! Empty HATERZ HATERZ GO AWAY, COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY!!!!

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 10th 2012, 12:25 am

"The Jets have no offense".

"The Jets are a circus".

"The Jets have two horrible QBs".

"Stephen Hill can't catch, or run routes".

"Tony Sparano can onlly score field goals".

"The defense is old and slow".

"The offensive line is horrible".

"Revis? Overrated".

Let me just start by saying that I had high expectations for the Jets this game. The other day, I predicted a 35-14 win. However, today, the Jets pleasantly surprised me, exceeding my expectations. I could not wait to see them play a game that counted, after a very long offseason in which they were constantly scrutinized. They did not dissapoint.

"The Jets have no offense". The first team offense did not score a touchdown in the preseason. However, they were able to score 4 today. 3 through the air, and 1 on the ground. It feels like this is the first time in years that the Jets were able to score in the first quarter. And you know what? They were able to keep it up, going into half up 27-7.

"The Jets are a circus". Yes, Rex Ryan lost pulse of the Jets last year. and yes, the Jets imploded at the end of last year. However, today the Jets looked like a very disciplined today. They only committed 5 penalties. They did not play sloppy. Disciplined.

"The Jets have two horrible QBs". Despite Sanchez improving every year of his career, the media still thought that Sanchez was "horrible" last year. Tebow might be a horrible QB, but Sanchez isn't. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that today Sanchez had the best game in his career. Playoffs included. Sanchez was extremely accurate today, completing 70% of his passes. He threw for 3 touchdowns. He had a QB rating of 123.4! I'd go as far as to say that Sanchez actually carried the offense today. The Jets running game was mediocre. Yet, Sanchez was decisive in throwing the ball, and was able to work the ball down the field. His performance could have even looked better if Holmes was able to stay in bounds on a beautifully thrown pass in the endzone, and if it weren't for a questionable spot on Kerley's catch in the redzone. The truth is, Sanchez has never been a "horrible" QB. He's been mediocre for the majority of his career. But today he gave people good reason to think that he is becoming a good QB. He also gives people good reason to believe Rex Ryan when he says that Sanchez might finally be a strength rather than a weakness.

"Stephen Hill can't catch, or run routes". Yes, Stephen Hill dropped a decent amount of balls in the preseason. Yes, he comes from an option offense where he did not really get a chance to develop his route running. However, Stephen Hill surprised me today. Many people, even Jets fans, thought he would only be a deep threat this year, drawing more coverage to him than balls caught. However, what I saw today, was a guy who was able to use his speed to beat people deep, as well as somebody who was able to go across the middle of the field and catch some balls. He might be a little more NFL-ready than everyone thought.

"Tony Sparano can only score field goals". Pointing back to his time with Miami, apparently the Dolphins would get down to the redzone only to not be able to score touchdowns and having to settle for field goals. However, that is not what I saw today. I saw plays where the offense was taking shots at the endzone at appropriate times. They weren't stalling in the redzone, or shooting themselves in the foot. The offense wasn't extremely predictable. Ladies and gentlemen, this guy is no Brian Schottenheimer. He called a great game. I don't remember saying at any point during the game, "what kind of playcall was that?!", which is something that Schotty made us do 10+ times a game.

"The defense is old and slow". That didn't seem to be the case today. The defense looked ferocious. They were up 41-7, before letting up during garbage time in the 4th quarter. The jets were flying around in the backfield on running plays. They were getting pressure and hitting the quarterback on multiple occasions, although left the game sackless. Landry is an absolute BEAST. He was killing guys out there.

"The offensive line is horrible". Yes, they were pretty bad last year, and sucked this preseason. But they were dominant today. I can only remember Sanchez getting hit once. Other than that, he had a great pocket to work with. Howard had an amazing game against Williams. Is Wayne Hunter really that bad? He must be. It's amazing what one player can do to an offensive line. If Howard can continue to hold his own and do his job, like he did today, then it's very possible that the offensive line can be one of the best units again.

"Revis? Overrated". Whoever says that is just a fool in my opinion. Yes, Stevie Johnson had a couple of mediocre games against Revis last year. But in no way does he "own" him. Revis is the best non-QB in the NFL. Hands down. He had a beautiful pick, and showed his incredible athleticism in knocking down another pass. Despite being thrown at a surprisingly good amount, I can only recall him giving up 3 short passes. He's the best at what he does. End of discussion.

Here we have all the "problems" overanalyzed by the media and fans this offseason, and in week one, the Jets answered all of them. They absolutely dominated the Bills, and played a complete game. So, here is what I have to say: Haters, haters, go away, come back another day.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

HATERZ HATERZ GO AWAY, COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY!!!! Empty Re: HATERZ HATERZ GO AWAY, COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY!!!!

Post  Pintsizedjark September 10th 2012, 1:29 am

stopped reading at "predicted a 35-14 win"

there was no legitimate reason to expect the Jets to put up anything close to that

this thread is just another reason to not like the Jets or your threads concerning them

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

HATERZ HATERZ GO AWAY, COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY!!!! Empty Re: HATERZ HATERZ GO AWAY, COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY!!!!

Post  TRU11 September 10th 2012, 3:35 am

it was the bills just saying lol
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 September 10th 2012, 5:28 am

TRU11 wrote:it was the bills just saying lol

Exactly and they only have one notable DB and a mediocre pass rush.

The seahawks will beat them by that much as well. Mark it. Save it. Sig it.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy September 10th 2012, 12:44 pm

Dude, it was the Bills.

You dont see Pats fans claiming an undefeated season in the making after week1 vs the Titans do you? Why not? Because its the Titans and the Titans suck.

Its the Bills, they suck.

Like Pint said, its people like you who make others hate the JEST so much. THEY BEAT THE FUKING BILLS MAN!!!! THE FUKIN BILLS!!!!
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 September 10th 2012, 5:53 pm

I have to agree, not hating or anything, but it was the Bills...

Don't get me wrong, they played good, but against a medicure to sucky team. Now when they put up those numbers against a good team with high powered offenses and really good Ds, then I will be more impressed....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 September 10th 2012, 6:45 pm

tubbs51 wrote:
TRU11 wrote:it was the bills just saying lol

Exactly and they only have one notable DB and a mediocre pass rush.

The seahawks will beat them by that much as well. Mark it. Save it. Sig it.
Well before you do that you gotta get your loss to the Boys out of the way.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 10th 2012, 7:15 pm

6-10

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 16th 2012, 8:54 pm

Lol Jets

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 16th 2012, 9:31 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Lol Jets

if you would have watched the game, you would know that the Jets not only played the Steelers IN Pitt, but also the Refs...sooo many 3rd down bullshit calls extending Steelers drives and also EVEN plays under review that were clearly fumbles were not overturned..oh well *shrug*
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 16th 2012, 10:38 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

if you would have watched the game, you would know that the Jets not only played the Steelers IN Pitt, but also the Refs...sooo many 3rd down bullshit calls extending Steelers drives and also EVEN plays under review that were clearly fumbles were not overturned..oh well *shrug*

the bad calls went both ways. the jets got beat but it wasnt marks fault which makes me happy. he made good throws and looks poised but the WRs let him down a few times.

I know people will say "tebow had 2 big plays" yea...i know...mark threw a TD, whats your point?
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 16th 2012, 11:02 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Yeah that defensive pass interference where no one even touched Holmes was a great call!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 16th 2012, 11:28 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Yeah that defensive pass interference where no one even touched Holmes was a great call!

and the Yerimiah Bell strip fumble of Dwyer was a great call too!! hell, they even reviewed that mutherfucker!! even the commentators were glamoring over how the ball was in Bells possesion BEFORE his knee was down...at that point it would have been Jets ball 20-10 steeler lead and 8 minutes to go, instead it ends up 27-10 Steeler lead and no hope Mad
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 17th 2012, 12:47 am

Maybe they'll be in Sports Illustrated this week! Very Happy

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 17th 2012, 12:51 am

MaddMatter wrote:Maybe they'll be in Sports Illustrated this week! Very Happy

ya know what? they will be, lol....anyways, im over the whole media bullshit, i know the Jets play good and this week we were robbed by the replacemnets refs in Pitt..no biggie
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum