Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

10 Players You Wish You Got To See Play

5 posters

Go down

10 Players You Wish You Got To See Play Empty 10 Players You Wish You Got To See Play

Post  MaddMatter October 10th 2012, 9:59 pm

Alright, the title says it all.

Either
A) You can make this list on your team
or
B) List of every team.

My List is just on the Detroit Lions

1.Barry Sanders
2. Joe Schmidt
3. Bobby Layne
4. Night Train Lane
5. Alex Karras
6. Dick LeBeau
7. Doak Walker
8. Lem Barney
9. Jack Christiansen
10. Yale Lary

Those 50's-60's teams had a ton of talent.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

10 Players You Wish You Got To See Play Empty Re: 10 Players You Wish You Got To See Play

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ October 10th 2012, 11:01 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Alright, the title says it all.

My List is just on the Detroit Lions

1.Barry Sanders

say WHAAAAATTT!!!!!! ?????/

how old are you? like 12? jeeez, this forum makes me feel OLD!!! Sad

anyways, Barry was THE BEST!!!! dont let any fools tell you otherwise!!! Emmit Smith was "good", sure he has the record but he OWES that to his playmaking WRs, a HOF QB AND MOST OF ALL his OFFENSIVE LINE with 5 HOF lineman on it!!!! Barry made due with pop warner talent at ALL positions!!

dam, i swore i wouldnt do it again, but here it goes!!!

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

10 Players You Wish You Got To See Play Empty Re: 10 Players You Wish You Got To See Play

Post  ccdog23 October 10th 2012, 11:06 pm

1.Roger Staubach
2.Michael Irvin
3.Joe Montana
4.Randall Cunningham
5.Jerry Rice
6.Earl Campbell
7.Deion Sanders
8.Ronnie Lott
9.Dan Marino
10.Troy Aikman
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ October 10th 2012, 11:25 pm

ccdog23 wrote:1.Roger Staubach
2.Michael Irvin
3.Joe Montana
4.Randall Cunningham
5.Jerry Rice
6.Earl Campbell
7.Deion Sanders
8.Ronnie Lott
9.Dan Marino
10.Troy Aikman

1.Roger Staubach...comparable to Romo, always had good stats, but made some qustionable plays in clutch moments

2.Michael Irvin...BEAST!!! this guy WAS the premier WR in the 90's, he had the size AND strength to outmuscle most DBs

3.Joe Montana...sorry but im just not a huge fan of "lucky" players, I truly believe he is overhyped

4.Randall Cunningham....ehhh, he was Mark Sanchez, but he could RUN!! nothing special

5.Jerry Rice...played in the birth of the Cover 2 Era where CBs played 10 yard zones off the line of scrimmage and left pitiful Safetys to cover him 1 on 1, personally IMHO, he was nothing spectacular, he ran streak plays with a 20 yard head start due to coverage

6.Earl Campbell...RUMBLING,STUMBLIN,BUMBLIN!!!! Earl was a MONSTER!!! he was BIGGER than the D lineman and LBers trying to tackle him!! BEAST

7.Deion Sanders...great PR/KR, overhyped as a CB, i watched his entire career, he reminds me of Antonio Cromartie ALOT!! he was never on the other teams BEST WR for more than a handful of plays thruout the game ( mostly on running downs) and his tackling was PITIFUL!! against the Steelers in the 1995 SuperBowl, I and evryone else in the world watched him jump away from tackling Jerome Bettis, this guy is a JOKE!!!

8.Ronnie Lott...has anyone EVER hit as HARD as Lott? I DONT THINK SO!!! the BEST pure Safety the NFL has EVER witnessed!!! Reed and Palamalu included!!!

9.Dan Marino...IMHO this guy is the BEST QB to EVER play in the NFL!!!! I hated him when he was playing but I could not deny the respect i have for him as a player...just imagine Peyton Manning with a "quicker" release Evil or Very Mad

10.Troy Aikman...dont get mad at me here, but Aikman was very Alex Smith like during his career, nothing Aikman did really shined thru, nor would it have if he wasnt surrounded by talent, kinda like Phil Simms
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ October 10th 2012, 11:37 pm

heres my 10 i wish i saw..this list will go back a few years

1. Joe Namath...hes in the HOF but his stats suck, he won the Jets ONLY Superbowl so i kinda wish i was in that Era so i could feel the excitement of that, I just want to watch a full season of him playing ball to see if I would think he was good or not, cause right now I cant figure out WHY in the hell hes in the HOF Shocked

2. Jim Brown....the older folks say hes the best, I just want a visual

3. Gale Sayers.... from what I heard he is VERY comparable to Barry Sanders

4. Y.A. Tittle ...from what ive read, this guy was a monster at QB and played variety of positions

...sorry fellas, im so fucking old, that is all i can think of Mad

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 October 10th 2012, 11:51 pm

^
Look at this guy,he's fuckin old and about to die!LOLOLOLOLOL

And on Aikman,he's just so big even still in the Dallas community it's more of I wanna see what was so great.But looking at his stats,I agree with you.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 11th 2012, 12:00 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:heres my 10 i wish i saw..this list will go back a few years

1. Joe Namath...hes in the HOF but his stats suck, he won the Jets ONLY Superbowl so i kinda wish i was in that Era so i could feel the excitement of that, I just want to watch a full season of him playing ball to see if I would think he was good or not, cause right now I cant figure out WHY in the hell hes in the HOF Shocked

4. Y.A. Tittle ...from what ive read, this guy was a monster at QB and played variety of positions

There's a guy and his dad that sit next to us with season tickets. The kid is probably a two years younger than me, so 19-20ish. Naturally I thought his dad was around 50 or so. Until we started talking during the first game this season when he said he remembered seeing Joe Namath play back in the day. I was like "dammmnnnnn this guys pretty old" lol

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ October 11th 2012, 12:09 am

MaddMatter wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:heres my 10 i wish i saw..this list will go back a few years

There's a guy and his dad that sit next to us with season tickets. The kid is probably a two years younger than me, so 19-20ish. Naturally I thought his dad was around 50 or so. Until we started talking during the first game this season when he said he remembered seeing Joe Namath play back in the day. I was like "dammmnnnnn this guys pretty old" lol

look, im old but i aint old enough to remember seeing Namath play, lol, so that dude is in his 50's
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ October 11th 2012, 12:11 am

ccdog23 wrote:^
Look at this guy,he's fuckin old and about to die!LOLOLOLOLOL

And on Aikman,he's just so big even still in the Dallas community it's more of I wanna see what was so great.But looking at his stats,I agree with you.

dont get me wrong man, Aikman was a very good QB, I am not trying to discredit anything he did during his career, but when it came to gametime, it wasnt Aikman that the other team feared, it was Irvin and that O Line that would spring Emmitt on some really nice runs...Aikman did his part by not screwing it up lol
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 October 11th 2012, 7:06 pm

Im only going to list one other one since everybody mostly listed the ones I'd like to see, but

Johnny U....

that is all.....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  S October 11th 2012, 7:14 pm

Jerry and Joe

and primetime in his prime.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum