Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

JETS HIRE MORNHINWEG AS OC

5 posters

Go down

JETS HIRE MORNHINWEG AS OC Empty JETS HIRE MORNHINWEG AS OC

Post  Thadden January 18th 2013, 6:31 pm

IM GONNA PRAY FOR YOU EPIC

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

JETS HIRE MORNHINWEG AS OC Empty Re: JETS HIRE MORNHINWEG AS OC

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 18th 2013, 6:40 pm

eh
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 20th 2013, 10:44 am

Thadden wrote:IM GONNA PRAY FOR YOU EPIC

You know its just a stop gap. Hell the whole staff will probably be fired by next year anyway.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 20th 2013, 11:52 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
Thadden wrote:IM GONNA PRAY FOR YOU EPIC

You know its just a stop gap. Hell the whole staff will probably be fired by next year anyway.
Actually for those circumstances he'll be perfect. He'll manage to get everyone fired within a few months
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 21st 2013, 3:59 pm

I hated this hiring at first, BUT, the more I look at Morningwhegs resume the more I am IMPRESSED!! this guy has had the Eagles Offense in the Top 10 of the league for 8 out of 10 seasons, everywhere he goes he has success ( except in Detroit when he was HC not OC ) ..Im really anxious to see if an actual "REAL" OC can help The Sanchize since we are stuck with him at least for next season...do I trust Sanchez to throw the ball 40 times a game? NOPE, but with proven gameplans I think it may help him a ton...Sanchez has only had Brian Shottenheimer and Tony sparano as teachers, this is a definite UPGRADE.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden February 21st 2013, 9:51 pm

lol... no
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 21st 2013, 10:02 pm

Thadden wrote:lol... no

well, I know your an Eagles fan so you would know better than me, but how can he have his Offenses consistently in the Top 10 wherever he coaches if he wasnt any good? ... I mean that would be like me saying Rex would be a terrible hire for any team as a Defensive Coordinator because he wasnt a very good HC but his teams always finished in the Top 10 of the league...whats soo bad about Morningwheg?
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden February 21st 2013, 10:41 pm

Well correct me if Im wrong. I havent taken as an in depth look at his career as you have but Im fairly certain the man has coached on some very successful staffs in the past. He was on the Packers 95 and 96 squad as quality control coach and then qb coach. That team was noted for having numerous future head coaches on the staff but I highly doubt he had a giant influence as he was only on the staff for two years. Then he coached for the niners under Mariucci. During his time there they had a very good defense (#1 in 97) and had Steve Young, Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens.

After that he went to Detroit, and then finally made his way to the Eagles which had a great line for his first 4 of 6 years, a solid run game the entire time with Westbrook and more recently McCoy. It should be noted that Andy Reid and Mornhinweg switched play calling responsibilities on and off throughout the years. This only happened because both men were stubbornly in love with the pass and kept being pass-happy until the strategy began hurting the team. At which point, whoever was responsible for calling plays would relinquish the duty to the other man. This was a regular occurence throughout his career with the Eagles.

Its also interesting because he was never fully in charge of an offense at any time in his career as an offensive coordinator/assistant (Holmgren, Mariucci, shared with Reid). So basically all their is to really go off of is his time with the Eagles which was extremely frustrating to say the least
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 21st 2013, 10:59 pm

well, he was with the Eagles for the last 10 seasons , in 8 of those seasons the Eagles were one of the Top 10 Offenses in the entire League, the Jets havent been higher than 16 in god knows how long...even if Morninweg and Reid shared certain duties on the Offense side of the ball, there is no way in hell that Reid carried this guy for 10 years on his back...the common denominator I see is that wherever Morninweg is coaching an Offense, points and yards are put on the board, whether its in San Fran,Green Bay or Philly ...im just curious if this guy is predictable like Shottenheimer was, i could literally call the plays from my couch and they would happen...or Sparanos lack of a gameplan/ imagination and fist-pumps for FGs vendetta ..like I said tho, I have no idea what to expect from Morninweg working with Sanchez but it HAS to be better than what the Jets have had since Sanchez arrived.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 February 23rd 2013, 6:15 am

its an interesting hire but like others said i think Idzik is going to fire the whole staff next offseason and implement his staff fully the second season.

I like what Idzik has done albeit they were fairly obvious decisions. I however dont understand the Revis Trade block situation.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden February 25th 2013, 7:57 pm

Well, he was only OC for the Eagles since 2006. Excessively pass-happy. Eagles offense has been very predictable for a long time. Again, he and Reid shared duties.

I dont have much to tell you except that in my opinion he sucks.

Best of luck though
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 25th 2013, 8:33 pm

tubbs51 wrote: I however dont understand the Revis Trade block situation.

those trade rumors were started by the media...Idzik wasnt even GM for an hour before those rumors popped up....now, do I think Revis is tradeable? of course he is, if the price is right, any player can be traded, with that being said, I fully expect Revis to play for the Jets this season and get a 5-6 year deal in the 15 million per season range

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 25th 2013, 8:35 pm

Thadden wrote:Well, he was only OC for the Eagles since 2006. Excessively pass-happy. Eagles offense has been very predictable for a long time. Again, he and Reid shared duties.

I dont have much to tell you except that in my opinion he sucks.

Best of luck though

well, being "predictable" and having middle of the road stats sucks, BUT, Morningwheg had the Eagles Offense in the Top 10 of the league in 8 out of 10 seasons
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum