Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Madden 12 Updates

+17
EPICxPENGUIN69
MyDirtyDangles
poshmidget
TRU11
KWicK78
Jetsown08
PhantomReturns93
tubbs51
at23steelers
barneyb
Thadden
MaddMatter
George_the_Kat
SteelersJMB
Soarindude02
HurpDurpHurray
BaltRavensFan20
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Madden 12 Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Madden 12 Updates

Post  Soarindude02 May 15th 2011, 7:27 pm

Thadden wrote:From IGN:

"What is Madden NFL 12's Release Date?
Madden NFL 12 arrives in stores later than usual -- August 30. Let's hope it's lead-in to the start of the NFL season.

What's new this year?
There's quite a lot, actually. Five Madden NFL 12 additions you'll notice right off the bat: Authentic presentation (both in pre-game and during the game), the addition of custom playbooks, improvements to Gameflow (AI-controlled play-calling), collision technology for better tackling, and improved defensive AI.

What's the biggest gameplay change?
That's something EA has not revealed yet. We're hoping that's the focus of Madden NFL 12 at E3 2011.

What's new in Superstar mode?
The two biggest changes -- you now earn skill points which you can spend however you like to upgrade your player and practices have actual value in improving your superstar.

What's new in Franchise mode?
A whole lot. No, really -- Tiburon claims 90% of all Madden players try out Franchise mode. The team finally invested some time into greatly improving things. Here's a cheat sheet:
•Dynamic Player Performance: Player ratings fluctuate based on consistency and confidence.

•Player Roles: More than 20 roles (Playoff Performer, Trench Warrior) affect player and team stats throughout the season.

•The Pre-Season Matters: Start with 75-player roster and need to make cuts each week. Playing pre-season games reveals player ratings.

•Scouting Reworked: Tiered scouting system reveals ratings tied to different events (college season, combine, pro day, individual workout).

•Draft Class Improvements: Robust set of draftees built for 30 seasons of franchise. Teams draft based on their real tendencies.

•Free Agent Bidding Wars: eBay style bidding against other GMs creates intense, rapid-fire free agent period that takes only a few minutes to complete.

•Smarter General Managers: Better re-sign and cut logic. GMs make trades and sign free agents who fit their needs, with player roles factored in.

•Coaches Matter: Coaches have small positive and negative impact on how players perform on the field based on their style.

•Edit Any Player: Alter the ratings of any player -- rookie, created player, or established veteran.

•Change Teams: In any offseason, change control of which teams you run in Franchise mode.

•Numerous Tweaks: Many other small tuning and additions are coming, including retirement logic, a more accurate salary system, fixes to the injured reserve system, better simulation stats, and more.
How has Madden online changed?
EA hasn't revealed this yet, but we're told a big addition is in the works.

Is this for real?
The additions listed are for real. What we don't know is how well they'll play. Until we invest 10 hours into Franchise mode, there's no telling if all the new features work well together. But it sounds very, very promising.

Madden has done some good things with gameplay in the past couple of years, but has done a very poor job with adding and improving its features. Looks that that's changing with Madden NFL 12."

I like this it looks very promising

Wow! Sounds like they finally did do some justice. Looks like I MIGHT think about picking this game up for my Winter Holiday money. But I am not playing on picking this game up close to release since I already preordered NCAA 12 and I am getting LA Noire next week. Dont want to become to much of a gaming nerd.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 May 15th 2011, 7:32 pm

Wait. Holy shit. It sounds like EA actually IMPROVED Madden. IMPROVED it, not added one new mini-feature and called it a new game. Unbelievable.

*waits for EA to disappoint with the finished product*
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 15th 2011, 7:37 pm

The only thing I see they didnt address, atleast on that list, is the ability to bring people out of retirement (Favre for example)
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden May 15th 2011, 9:06 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:The only thing I see they didnt address, atleast on that list, is the ability to bring people out of retirement (Favre for example)
If they added all of this in, then that's really minor. They should release more information tomorrow and at E3
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 15th 2011, 10:40 pm

I love how they improved offensive and defensive line interaction, especially on passing plays concerning double teams. I'm glad they now have some respect for 3-4 defensive lineman like Haloti Ngata, Vince Wilfork, Casey Hampton, and Justin Smith, etc. and they recognize that ONE blocker could never block these guys.

/sarcasm

Seriously, when are they going to respect physics and weight and momentum and strength? Never? That's my guess! Telling me that 3 blitzing 3-4 defensive lineman can be blocked by 3 single offensive lineman is a fucking joke.

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers May 15th 2011, 10:50 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:I love how they improved offensive and defensive line interaction, especially on passing plays concerning double teams. I'm glad they now have some respect for 3-4 defensive lineman like Haloti Ngata, Vince Wilfork, Casey Hampton, and Justin Smith, etc. and they recognize that ONE blocker could never block these guys.

/sarcasm

Seriously, when are they going to respect physics and weight and momentum and strength? Never? That's my guess! Telling me that 3 blitzing 3-4 defensive lineman can be blocked by 3 single offensive lineman is a fucking joke.

It's because you either don't play madden enough or just suck at it!!! Wink haha, ok i cant say that with a straight face with your record at the bottom.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 15th 2011, 10:55 pm

at23steelers wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:I love how they improved offensive and defensive line interaction, especially on passing plays concerning double teams. I'm glad they now have some respect for 3-4 defensive lineman like Haloti Ngata, Vince Wilfork, Casey Hampton, and Justin Smith, etc. and they recognize that ONE blocker could never block these guys.

/sarcasm

It's because you either don't play madden enough or just suck at it!!! Wink haha, ok i cant say that with a straight face with your record at the bottom.

My record > your straight face lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden May 16th 2011, 12:29 am

/sarcasm

I saw an interview where the Frazier guy said the collision system is the first step to a future physics engine
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 16th 2011, 1:02 am

Thadden wrote:

/sarcasm

I saw an interview where the Frazier guy said the collision system is the first step to a future physics engine

Ah, of course...

the typical "Yeah, we'll get right on that....next year" line.

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden May 16th 2011, 1:13 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thadden wrote:

/sarcasm

Ah, of course...

Not quite... he said future, not next year. They'll probably get to it in a decade or two
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 May 16th 2011, 1:13 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thadden wrote:

/sarcasm

Ah, of course...

Normally I am not one to defend the EA Madden team but a physics engine is something that needs to be done in steps, at least if you're releasing a new version of the game in question every single year. They could have *maybe* done a total physics revamp this year, but VERY few other improvements would have been able to be made and everyone would have just complained that franchise still sucked, gameplay was the same, ec.

The NHL team makes a ton of improvements all the time and just did the first revamp in a 3 year process of said revamp last year.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden May 16th 2011, 1:23 am

TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thadden wrote:

/sarcasm

Ah, of course...

TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch is right, NHL 11 had parts of a physics engine in place

Normally I am not one to defend the EA Madden team but a physics engine is something that needs to be done in steps, at least if you're releasing a new version of the game in question every single year. They could have *maybe* done a total physics revamp this year, but VERY few other improvements would have been able to be made and everyone would have just complained that franchise still sucked, gameplay was the same, ec.

The NHL team makes a ton of improvements all the time and just did the first revamp in a 3 year process of said revamp last year.
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetsown08 May 16th 2011, 1:28 am

Well, tomorrow we get to see the franchise mode updates. This will make or break my decision to buy Madden or not.
Jetsown08
Jetsown08

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 16th 2011, 12:22 pm

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/franchise-mode

This looks very nice. Few things I would want to check first:

1. Dynamic Player Performance looks good with hot and cold streak but the random choosing of a player's rating kinda makes me worry. Is it going to be a simple 'flip a coin' approach where you could have a player constantly bad throughout the season or will it be more logical?

2. Free Agent Bidding looks like the same idea that was implemented years ago in NFL Head Coach. But in that game, if you won the bid then didn't sign him, he would not be put back on the bidding section and would not be signed until a while later. Hopefully it's not the same

3. "If you have a mentor on your roster, he makes the young players better as long as he’s on the team." So does that mean I can have a rookie QB set to the role as 'Mentor' and he'll help the other younger guys? It states nothing about age or years played being a factor in this. Also, why is there two Aaron Rodgers in the picture?

4. Future draft picks are a great idea but will it be like NHL 11 where the draft picks are all based on what each team has in real life or just be the generic type where every team gets a pick each round?
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 16th 2011, 12:48 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/franchise-mode

1. Dynamic Player Performance looks good with hot and cold streak but the random choosing of a player's rating kinda makes me worry. Is it going to be a simple 'flip a coin' approach where you could have a player constantly bad throughout the season or will it be more logical?

2. Free Agent Bidding looks like the same idea that was implemented years ago in NFL Head Coach. But in that game, if you won the bid then didn't sign him, he would not be put back on the bidding section and would not be signed until a while later. Hopefully it's not the same

3. "If you have a mentor on your roster, he makes the young players better as long as he’s on the team." So does that mean I can have a rookie QB set to the role as 'Mentor' and he'll help the other younger guys? It states nothing about age or years played being a factor in this. Also, why is there two Aaron Rodgers in the picture?

4. Future draft picks are a great idea but will it be like NHL 11 where the draft picks are all based on what each team has in real life or just be the generic type where every team gets a pick each round?

I haven't had a chance to read the entire article, but as for the "Why are there two Aaron Rodgers' in the picture?". It's because players can have multiple roles, and when they have multiple roles, they are listed twice.

But after just skimming through the article, it looks like there have been A LOT of changes to Franchise Mode, which I've never really tried because I'm just a "Play Now" kind of guy, but the only thing I fear is that they spent lots of time adding lots of things, but never gave lots of attention to any of them. But it does look promising.

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 16th 2011, 4:23 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/franchise-mode

Aaron Rodgers is on there twice cause he has two Roles, Franchise QB and Playoff Performer. Smile
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 May 16th 2011, 5:05 pm

I'm liking this blog. There is a lot in there. I'm just glad that there is going to be more to franchise than before. Even if it isn't all that polished, I just want more to do. I'll be buying it regardless most likely. I still enjoy it
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 May 16th 2011, 6:46 pm

great that they add things that have been in madden in the past lol.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget May 16th 2011, 7:50 pm

game looks incredible its nfl head coach but better and you can actually play the games. i cant wait if they added free agency online then as far as franchise modes its pretty close to perfect. only gameplay complaint i can think off right now is 3/4 not really how it should be but biggest improvement in a long time.

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetsown08 May 16th 2011, 9:09 pm

HOLY SHIT. Madden 12 Updates - Page 2 3995977857 Madden 12 Updates - Page 2 3995977857 Madden 12 Updates - Page 2 3995977857

This game looks GREAT. I love what they're doing. Madden has my money right now, just because of how good franchise mode is. Even if the gameplay sucks ass (which it probably will be decent), I'll still buy it. DAMN! They've hired the right staff for sure.
Jetsown08
Jetsown08

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 17th 2011, 12:50 am

Franchise was one area I wanted more info on, now just gotta wait for the online details.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles May 17th 2011, 9:41 pm

Jetsown08 wrote:HOLY SHIT. Madden 12 Updates - Page 2 3995977857 Madden 12 Updates - Page 2 3995977857 Madden 12 Updates - Page 2 3995977857

This game looks GREAT. I love what they're doing. Madden has my money right now, just because of how good franchise mode is. Even if the gameplay sucks ass (which it probably will be decent), I'll still buy it. DAMN! They've hired the right staff for sure.
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 May 18th 2011, 8:31 am

lolz you know we all say this shit each fucking year. then we get the demo and be like okay a lil tweaks here and there and it should be good. then when we get the actual game is pretty much like the demo and stuff dont work like they wanted to.

i rather wait till i see actual game play footage and get my hand on the demo before i even say its an improvement.

to be honest all this crap they just added is worthless if they game play still sucks.

i prefer they improve the game play and dont add a damm thing.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 18th 2011, 12:03 pm

TRU11 wrote:lolz you know we all say this shit each fucking year. then we get the demo and be like okay a lil tweaks here and there and it should be good. then when we get the actual game is pretty much like the demo and stuff dont work like they wanted to.

i rather wait till i see actual game play footage and get my hand on the demo before i even say its an improvement.

to be honest all this crap they just added is worthless if they game play still sucks.

i prefer they improve the game play and dont add a damm thing.

Exactly and Madden just got a lot of people on board with this. It's like we haven't learned anything over the last few years of being screwed over.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 24th 2011, 4:45 pm

madden and ncaa both made big improvements this year. but ncaa made improvements each year. madden lagged behind.

just raises the question if ncaa and madden should be runned by 1 guy. not a czar but a quality control guy who makes sure that core aspects of the game are being address and not just extra facemasks and stuff.

dynasty mode with its new improvements and its awesome online stuff makes madden franchise and its online mode look like shit still. online franchise mode wont work if there isnt free agency and stuff just a draft.

either way, ncaa looks good, madden has me interested but ill wait and see.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum