Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Boldin to San Fran

+4
Nef77
MaddMatter
BaltRavensFan20
S
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Boldin to San Fran - Page 2 Empty Re: Boldin to San Fran

Post  TRU11 March 14th 2013, 3:39 am

okay first of all if you look at boldin skills and his career then yes he is worth more then a 6th round cause well we traded alot more for him.

But at this point in his career giving his age, cap number ,years left on his deal and him unwilling to take a pay cut he was going to get released.

for a player in this situation you usually rarely get any value at all.

heck the vikings offerd a 7th rounder and thus instead of selecting that offer or releasing him the ravens accepted the san fran offer.

after all a 6th rounder is more then a 7th rounder or nothing FFS.

is this so hard to understand.

he was going to be a FA if nobodoy offerd anything Rolling Eyes

TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 14th 2013, 10:15 am

What? A thread still going from a couple days ago?

This cannot happen.

This thread has gone offtopic

Locked!

/sarcasm.

Let me clarify earlier, I said you could have gotten a 3rd round pick for Boldin, I was wrong, I didn't know he was only on a 1 year deal. A 4th, you probably could have gotten though.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 14th 2013, 2:29 pm

TRU11 wrote:
what part of he was going to get cut dont you understand???
what part of him being old and on 1 year dont you understand???
a 6th rounder is more then nothing, what part of that dont you understand???

Also Flacco favours Pitta a lil bit more then Boldin lol.

1 & 2) Why cut the guy? Because the Ravens were being stupid, that's why. You reward the most productive WR in last years playoffs by asking him to take a pay cut? There's just one more season left for him while Flacco's contract is still relatively cheap. So he old, bro he was old at the beginning of last season and was still your most productive WR.

3) Keeping Quan to play out his contract is more than a 6th rounder. No explanation needed.

Also: Boldin targets 134, Pitta targets 112. lol "favours" huh
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 14th 2013, 5:48 pm

Nef77 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
From the way it looks now though, Ozzie is really cleaning house. Pollard was just released (loved the way he played), and it sounds like the ravens may not want Reed back. I'm hearing that both Reed and Pollard were both ones not afraid to challenge harbaugh with things, and had open mouths in the locker room. I'm real interested in seeing how ozzies going to go about this. Idedibo (sp?) was just resigned and is about a not as good player as pollard. He hits hard but his coverage isn't great like pollards. With have Christian Thompson, but don't know if he can take reeds spot. I hope reed comes back though....

I want Pollard. Hope the Niners look his way although if John H. is his reference, idk about that. Dude honestly, I don't want Ed Reed unless he's willing to play the mentor role. The guy is always hurt. Don't get me wrong, he's great and all but he's just so injury prone.

Yeah, I just read he wants 6 mil a year, lol, yeah right. 6 mil a year for a past his prime, always injured safety is not worth it. Its not even worth the leadership. The texans can gladly overpay for him, lol. Sooner or later anyway, QBs will start throwing towards him because they won't be afraid of him anymore.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 March 16th 2013, 7:57 am

Nef77 wrote:
TRU11 wrote:
what part of he was going to get cut dont you understand???
what part of him being old and on 1 year dont you understand???
a 6th rounder is more then nothing, what part of that dont you understand???

Also Flacco favours Pitta a lil bit more then Boldin lol.

1 & 2) Why cut the guy? Because the Ravens were being stupid, that's why. You reward the most productive WR in last years playoffs by asking him to take a pay cut? There's just one more season left for him while Flacco's contract is still relatively cheap. So he old, bro he was old at the beginning of last season and was still your most productive WR.

3) Keeping Quan to play out his contract is more than a 6th rounder. No explanation needed.

Also: Boldin targets 134, Pitta targets 112. lol "favours" huh

Boldin does play more snap you know Rolling Eyes
does your targets account for when both are on the field at the same time???
you are just throwing out random stats like proffesorError just to make a case lol.

Also what part of the ravens need cap space dont you understand???

Boldin cap hit was easiest to clear since he is in the last year of his deal (like 10th time i mentioned this Rolling Eyes ) and he was going to turn 33 (also mentioned this alot).
He refused to take a pay cut ( mentioned alot as well) so thus he was going to get cut( all of the above hurted his value as well with a trade ).

Also Boldin isent the only player who produced big time in the play offs that the ravens parted ways with.
Cary williams gone.
Ellerbe gone.
Kruger gone.
Pollard gone.

Also keeping Quan would not nessecairly mean more then a 6th rounder.
1: his cap hit meant ravens could not do much in FA, heck since he still counts till this day all the ravens did was sign some cheap vets for depth.
2: there is no guaranteed he would produce this season
3: there is no guaranteed he would be healthy this season
4: there is guaranteed he would be back after this season

The ravens are simply thinking about the long term of the team while YOU cant look past this season.

Also Ravens are known as a team who drafts well so the more picks they have then better especially if you consider how many players they lost.

TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 16th 2013, 8:49 pm

LOL that idiot on the EA forums makes random shit up by grabbing all kinds of complex numbers and mixing them up to confuse the shit out of people.

Didn't know a simple thing like, passes targeted would make you confused in the same manner? I guess it would be frustrating if you were......a homer.

It's simple. The guy is worth the contract. He's Flacco's go-to guy. Targeted the most, and highest completion pct. of all Ravens WR/TE. 3rd and 1 in the Super Bowl and you need to extend the drive, Flacco audibles to a fade to Boldin. Your most productive pass catcher is worth that money for his final year.

Dude it's simple and I'll have Colin Cowherd or Warren Sapp explain it to you.

Sapp
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap2000000149984/Stockpiling-picks-in-San-Francisco

Cowherd 1st 5 mins and Drew Bress 9:42 (All your concerns are answered buddy)
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9044282

Whatevas though. We just used a draft pick that was going to be cut anyways for a great and reliable WR to play opposite Crabtree.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 17th 2013, 9:00 am

Nef77 wrote:LOL that idiot on the EA forums makes random shit up by grabbing all kinds of complex numbers and mixing them up to confuse the shit out of people.

Didn't know a simple thing like, passes targeted would make you confused in the same manner? I guess it would be frustrating if you were......a homer.

It's simple. The guy is worth the contract. He's Flacco's go-to guy. Targeted the most, and highest completion pct. of all Ravens WR/TE. 3rd and 1 in the Super Bowl and you need to extend the drive, Flacco audibles to a fade to Boldin. Your most productive pass catcher is worth that money for his final year.

Sapp
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap2000000149984/Stockpiling-picks-in-San-Francisco

Whatevas though. We just used a draft pick that was going to be cut anyways for a great and reliable WR to play opposite Crabtree.

Love the sig Laughing Its so wrong...

We all know who had the last laugh though Laughing
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 March 17th 2013, 9:26 am

Nef77 wrote:LOL that idiot on the EA forums makes random shit up by grabbing all kinds of complex numbers and mixing them up to confuse the shit out of people.

Sapp

yeah Error is a real idiot lol.
like how you schooled him on alex smith hahahhah.

also logic would dictate that a player who plays more snaps would get targeted more lol.
my point is very simple.

when pitta and boldin are on the field at the same its pitta who flacco will look to.
when pitta is on the sideline then well yeah flacco will favour boldin more often.

His favorite target is the 1 who he looks to more often when BOTH are an option at the same time.

Nobody is arguing that boldin isent worth his contract.
The problem is that the ravens cant Afford it.

worth and afford are 2 different things sherlock.

Also wherent cowherd and sapp the guys that said that the ravens had no chance at beating denver since we lost to them big in the regular season.
then said there is no way brady would loose at home and that defense wont stop brady.
then said the niners where the better team overall and because our rush defense is so poor keapernick would run all over us.

yeah man id take there word when it comes to the ravens lol
just like all them other so called experts lol.

I have more faith in ozzie newsome who has a great track record as GM instead of these experts.

here is another expert who at least have some knowledge about the ravens : http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-ravens/0ap2000000150543/Regretful-Ravens

Also Boldin hasent completed his Physical so he is still a raven and there is a chance he could stay that way or get released lol.

TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 17th 2013, 3:17 pm

sigh now that guy is a butthurt KC fan. Good, can't wait until the stacked Broncos kick the shit out of him twice a year. lol

As for AB, we just differ in opinions. The guy gets snaps because he's good. If he was considered old and broken down, he wouldn't get that many snaps. If he was slow and unreliable, he wouldn't get all the targets.

IMO the guy is worth it even under the Ravens budget. Look at the numbers in the playoffs. Hell look at how many times Boldin bailed out Flacco in the SB. He's a huge chunk of your passing game and he's earned the money. I'd pay him for his final year expecting him to be that kind of threat. If you're going to reward Flacco for his postseason play, why not Boldin for his?

Whateva though, I'm super excited for this guy. IMO Alex Smith wasted Braylon Edwards and Moss was old. Now we got 2 guys that are great blockers for WR's and are dangerous receiving options in the red zone. If AJ Jenkins can get his shit together, that speed at slot or we grab RYAN SWOPE at slot, wow I would love this. Not to mention, the speed and versatility of Vernon Davis.

Oh and as for the physical, Quan's in Senegal so that's what's holding it up.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 17th 2013, 4:31 pm

Nef77 wrote:sigh now that guy is a butthurt KC fan. Good, can't wait until the stacked Broncos kick the shit out of him twice a year. lol

As for AB, we just differ in opinions. The guy gets snaps because he's good. If he was considered old and broken down, he wouldn't get that many snaps. If he was slow and unreliable, he wouldn't get all the targets.

IMO the guy is worth it even under the Ravens budget. Look at the numbers in the playoffs. Hell look at how many times Boldin bailed out Flacco in the SB. He's a huge chunk of your passing game and he's earned the money. I'd pay him for his final year expecting him to be that kind of threat. If you're going to reward Flacco for his postseason play, why not Boldin for his?

Whateva though, I'm super excited for this guy. IMO Alex Smith wasted Braylon Edwards and Moss was old. Now we got 2 guys that are great blockers for WR's and are dangerous receiving options in the red zone. If AJ Jenkins can get his shit together, that speed at slot or we grab RYAN SWOPE at slot, wow I would love this. Not to mention, the speed and versatility of Vernon Davis.

I think somebody on the ravens forums said Q is back now, and the earliest he can get his physical is on Monday, so hopefully he can get it done soon and let some of the ravens cap space go.

Sounds like the ravens want to make a play for dumervile, so the quicker boldin relieves his cap space the better.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 17th 2013, 7:34 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
Nef77 wrote:sigh now that guy is a butthurt KC fan. Good, can't wait until the stacked Broncos kick the shit out of him twice a year. lol

I think somebody on the ravens forums said Q is back now, and the earliest he can get his physical is on Monday, so hopefully he can get it done soon and let some of the ravens cap space go.

Sounds like the ravens want to make a play for dumervile, so the quicker boldin relieves his cap space the better.
We should just troll your ass and drag our feet. Isn't that how Elvis got into this situation anyways?
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 17th 2013, 7:41 pm

Nef77 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

We should just troll your ass and drag our feet. Isn't that how Elvis got into this situation anyways?

I'm sure if the ravens knew you were doing that, they would end up just releasing boldin, so trolling wouldn't be an answer to anything.

That, and I wonder if there was any evidence to that, if the ravens could take it to the NFL and have something done about it? Wouldn't know if it would be a plausible situation to do so?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 17th 2013, 7:54 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

I'm sure if the ravens knew you were doing that, they would end up just releasing boldin, so trolling wouldn't be an answer to anything.

That, and I wonder if there was any evidence to that, if the ravens could take it to the NFL and have something done about it? Wouldn't know if it would be a plausible situation to do so?

I doubt the NFL could do anything, this is the Offseason, players are on vacation...players get traded and told to report to thier new teams when TC starts or whatever starts, now if he got traded in mid season when he is required to be at work, then yeah they could probably do something to speed up the process...all in all I think Boldin should keep the Ravens waiting as long as possible, probably mid May at the earliest

Boldin the Salary Cap NAZI!!!!

NO CAP SPACE FOOOR YOU!!!
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 March 18th 2013, 4:01 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

I doubt the NFL could do anything, this is the Offseason, players are on vacation...players get traded and told to report to thier new teams when TC starts or whatever starts, now if he got traded in mid season when he is required to be at work, then yeah they could probably do something to speed up the process...all in all I think Boldin should keep the Ravens waiting as long as possible, probably mid May at the earliest

hahahahah lol.

they would probaly cut leach then lol.
TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 18th 2013, 5:38 pm

TRU11 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

hahahahah lol.

or as I said before, they could just cut boldin if they wanted to bad enough. Its only a 6th round pick. Technically, Boldin is still a raven until he passes his physical and goes through everything.

BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 18th 2013, 5:40 pm

TRU11 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

hahahahah lol.

or as I said before, they could just cut boldin if they wanted to bad enough. Its only a 6th round pick. Technically, Boldin is still a raven until he passes his physical and goes through everything.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2