Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NFL Helmet Rule?

+4
S
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
HurpDurpHurray
MaddMatter
8 posters

Go down

NFL Helmet Rule?  Empty NFL Helmet Rule?

Post  MaddMatter March 19th 2013, 7:45 pm

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

NFL Helmet Rule?  Empty Re: NFL Helmet Rule?

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 19th 2013, 7:57 pm

Sounds like the most retarded thing I've ever heard. What is this suppose to accomplish? Does the NFL really think running backs are purposely trying to give themselves a concussion?
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 19th 2013, 10:11 pm

stupid rule...the NFL is currently reviewing this for a 2nd time to see if they made a mistake ( they clearly did ) ..

There is no way in hell that a HB or TE or WR with a clear line of sight and impending doom about to embrace them openly welcome a full on hit by a defender, lowering thier helmet"protects" the player from serious injury
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 19th 2013, 10:55 pm

*rolls eyes* if this passes I might have to kill the commish
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 20th 2013, 7:23 am

well I don't care, NFL is a joke. Anyone else jumping ship to the NCAA is the best form of football?
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 20th 2013, 10:28 am

EPICx69 wrote:well I don't care, NFL is a joke. Anyone else jumping ship to the NCAA is the best form of football?

No...NCAA is to corrupt. (SEC however many championships in a row) and shit like that.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 March 20th 2013, 2:59 pm

beastmode might be out of a job soon.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 20th 2013, 4:05 pm

Every power back lol let me catch commish on the streets
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 20th 2013, 5:55 pm

Stephen wrote:*rolls eyes* if this passes I might have to kill the commish

Grab your shotgun...

Oh and the Bengals were the only ones to vote against this rule. All of those teams you guys support are run by a bunch of pussies
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 20th 2013, 6:16 pm

TRU11 wrote:beastmode might be out of a job soon.

Every RB, TE, FB, and WR might be out of a job. Heck, we might as well just kick all field goals now, since players will be all getting injured now from full on blows.

Seriously, if the NFL wants flag football, just do it already...
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 20th 2013, 6:29 pm

I can just see it now...

Jets have the ball, 4th and Goal at the 6 yard line, 2 seconds left and down by 4 points, Stinkcheese hikes the ball, he rolls to the right, nothing open ( as usual ) , he decides he can scamper for the Goaline and lead the Jets to VICTORY!!! hes met at the 1 by a hard charging LB, The Stinkcheese closes his eyes, lowers his shoulders and head to hopefully somehow cushion this bone jarring hit he KNOWS is coming...THEY COLLIDE!! the LB is miraculously moved off his balance a mear inch!!! Stinkcheese lay on his side ( eyes still closed ) BUT the ball had crossed the Goaline BEFORE Stinkys knee touched the ground!!! TD JETS WIN !!! TD!!! OMG!!!! TD!!!! JETS ARE PLAYOFF BOUND!!! OMG!!!

Al Michaels : wait a minute Phil, theres a flag

Phil Simms : thats gotta be on the Defense, Jets win, time expired

Ref: Unnecasary Roughness, # 6 Offense, loss of down, end of game , time has expired

Al & Phil : wtf, thanks for joining this CBS broadcast of the National Football League..tune in next year as the NFL goes to Flag Football

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy March 20th 2013, 7:00 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:I can just see it now...

Jets have the ball, 4th and Goal at the 6 yard line, 2 seconds left and down by 4 points, Stinkcheese hikes the ball, he rolls to the right, nothing open ( as usual ) , he decides he can scamper for the Goaline and lead the Jets to VICTORY!!! hes met at the 1 by a hard charging LB, The Stinkcheese closes his eyes, shits his pants and lowers his shoulders and head to hopefully somehow cushion thispussy bruising hit he KNOWS is coming...THEY COLLIDE!! the LB is miraculously moved off his balance a mear inch!!! Stinkcheese lay on his side ( eyes still closed, shit still in pants now yellowed by him now urinating himself ) BUT the ball had crossed the Goaline BEFORE Stinkys knee touched the ground!!! TD JETS WIN !!! TD!!! OMG!!!! TD!!!! JETS ARE PLAYOFF BOUND!!! OMG!!!

Ref: Unnecasary Roughness, # 6 Offense, loss of down, end of game , time has expired, Sanchez sucks, that is all

Phil: Well Al, I guess the NFl isnt as easy as picking up a drunk 16 yr old whore at a bar after all huh?

Al: I dunno what the fuck you are talking about Phil.

Al & Phil : wtf, thanks for joining this CBS broadcast of the National Football League..tune in next year as the NFL goes to Flag Football where Sanchez still cant compete

Ok ya, i edited a little lol
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy March 20th 2013, 7:08 pm

From what ive been hearing this is more of a rule to protects backs and safties from offensive players spearing the D players.

From what I heard, Trent Richardson's hit was used by the NFL and shown to the owners before the vote.

Plus the "Tuck rule" was abolished! Yes Im the only Pats fan in the world who still thinks we should have lost that game vs the Raiders. That was a bullshit call and Oakland got screwed. But from what i understand we had a playoff game in the 70s where LA got a phantom call against the Pats and screwed us, so, KARMA?
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 20th 2013, 8:43 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:

Jets have the ball, 4th and Goal at the 6 yard line, 2 seconds left and down by 4 points, Stinkcheese hikes the ball, he rolls to the right, nothing open ( as usual ) , he decides he can scamper for the Goaline and lead the Jets to VICTORY!!! hes met at the 1 by a hard charging LB, The Stinkcheese closes his eyes, shits his pants and lowers his shoulders and head to hopefully somehow cushion thispussy bruising hit he KNOWS is coming...THEY COLLIDE!! the LB is miraculously moved off his balance a mear inch!!! Stinkcheese lay on his side ( eyes still closed, shit still in pants now yellowed by him now urinating himself ) BUT the ball had crossed the Goaline BEFORE Stinkys knee touched the ground!!! TD JETS WIN !!! TD!!! OMG!!!! TD!!!! JETS ARE PLAYOFF BOUND!!! OMG!!!

Ref: Unnecasary Roughness, # 6 Offense, loss of down, end of game , time has expired, Sanchez sucks, that is all

Phil: Well Al, I guess the NFl isnt as easy as picking up a drunk 16 yr old whore at a bar after all huh?

Al & Phil : wtf, thanks for joining this CBS broadcast of the National Football League..tune in next year as the NFL goes to Flag Football where Sanchez still cant compete

lol nice!!!
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy March 20th 2013, 9:25 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
RSoxGuy wrote:

lol nice!!!
That what i like about coming here. I can bust puppetz ass and he doesnt get butthurt. We can have heated debates but when something is said just for the lulz, he can find the humor in it. Too often ppl take shit too seriously.

Hopefully this site stays like that.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 20th 2013, 9:33 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
RSoxGuy wrote:

lol nice!!!
That what i like about coming here. I can bust puppetz ass and he doesnt get butthurt. We can have heated debates but when something is said just for the lulz, he can find the humor in it. Too often ppl take shit too seriously.

I think we're all passed puberty so I think it will
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 20th 2013, 9:42 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:That what i like about coming here. I can bust puppetz ass and he doesnt get butthurt. We can have heated debates but when something is said just for the lulz, he can find the humor in it. Too often ppl take shit too seriously.

hey man, if its funny and true, i will laugh my ass off..I used to support Sanchez because he was a Rookie and I tend to give them about 3 years to prove thier worth, he hasnt done that at all, he's regressed the past 2 seasons and i would say that 85 % of Jets fans want him GONE, the funny thing about it is that we dont care who gets thrown in there to replace him, we are just sick and tired of his dumb reads and knuckleball passes...dumb contract extension keeps him in NY for 2013 but I wouldnt be suprised if the Jets draft a guy like Glennon in the 2nd round to get him accustomed to the NFL for a season and then put him out there in 2014
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 21st 2013, 10:39 am

Maybe it's because I'm looking at it differently but I don't mind this rule. You can still lower your head and attack between the tackle boxes (Which I would assume is where most of these types of runs happen). But you can still lower your shoulder and take on DB's. You just can't use your helmet like a battering ram.

Of course, it will depend on how these stupid ass refs interpret the rule.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 21st 2013, 12:41 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Maybe it's because I'm looking at it differently but I don't mind this rule. You can still lower your head and attack between the tackle boxes (Which I would assume is where most of these types of runs happen). But you can still lower your shoulder and take on DB's. You just can't use your helmet like a battering ram.

you can still lower the boom, it is just spearing that is bad. What I like seeing is when defensive rules against defenseless recievers get a little criticism and are ho hum generally accepted, all the rules that are offensive player oriented like blind side blocks and RB head spearing is outrageously bad and is a sign the nfl is a bunch of pussies.

oh no, we might have a 34-31 game instead of a 37-34 game
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 21st 2013, 1:06 pm

EPICx69 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:Maybe it's because I'm looking at it differently but I don't mind this rule. You can still lower your head and attack between the tackle boxes (Which I would assume is where most of these types of runs happen). But you can still lower your shoulder and take on DB's. You just can't use your helmet like a battering ram.

you can still lower the boom, it is just spearing that is bad. What I like seeing is when defensive rules against defenseless recievers get a little criticism and are ho hum generally accepted, all the rules that are offensive player oriented like blind side blocks and RB head spearing is outrageously bad and is a sign the nfl is a bunch of pussies.

oh no, we might have a 34-31 game instead of a 37-34 game

I say we should just go back to playing football how is was originally and supposed to be played. Too many rules these days...
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum