Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Romo Bathing In Money

+2
MaddMatter
S
6 posters

Go down

Romo Bathing In Money Empty Romo Bathing In Money

Post  S March 29th 2013, 5:58 pm

S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Romo Bathing In Money Empty Re: Romo Bathing In Money

Post  MaddMatter March 29th 2013, 6:34 pm

My thoughts:

"We are fucked when we sign Stafford"

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 29th 2013, 6:37 pm

MaddMatter wrote:My thoughts:

My exact thoughts with Cam lol
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 29th 2013, 6:39 pm

Stephen wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:My thoughts:

My exact thoughts with Cam lol

We better get the knee pads ready. Sad

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 March 30th 2013, 1:44 am

I'm just hoping in a couple years that Wilson is the epitome of team first and doesnt rape the Seahawks.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 30th 2013, 3:06 am

tubbs51 wrote:I'm just hoping in a couple years that Wilson is the epitome of team first and doesnt rape the Seahawks.

pirat i pirate because we all know that Wilson will be worse than signing Darrelle Revis..he already calls himself " dangerRUSS" ..cmon now cyclops
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 30th 2013, 10:45 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:I'm just hoping in a couple years that Wilson is the epitome of team first and doesnt rape the Seahawks.

pirat i pirate because we all know that Wilson will be worse than signing Darrelle Revis..he already calls himself " dangerRUSS" ..cmon now cyclops

like if you are a franchise QB, why not just cap yourself at like 10 mill a year, make it all guaranteed and call it a day. why you gotta be like flacco and romo and get 20 mill here there and everwhere on shit that makes no sense.

i wish the NFL had less stupid cap rules. it is designed to have parody but it doesn't work. the browns, bengals, jaguars, cardinals, rams, and chiefs never sign anyone or do anything really in free agency. the browns and bengals seem to have 40 to 50 million bucks to spend anyway.

baseball contracts are easier because all the money is locked in, not going anywhere.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 30th 2013, 10:51 pm

EPICx69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

like if you are a franchise QB, why not just cap yourself at like 10 mill a year, make it all guaranteed and call it a day. why you gotta be like flacco and romo and get 20 mill here there and everwhere on shit that makes no sense.

i wish the NFL had less stupid cap rules. it is designed to have parody but it doesn't work. the browns, bengals, jaguars, cardinals, rams, and chiefs never sign anyone or do anything really in free agency. the browns and bengals seem to have 40 to 50 million bucks to spend anyway.

baseball contracts are easier because all the money is locked in, not going anywhere.

maybe the NFL should look into a system like that, maybe say 10 mil a year MAX for QB, 8 mil a year MAX for LB etc etc, that would work but what happens when you have a guy like Brady that throws for 4,000 yards every season with 35 TDs and 6 INTS making 10 mil and a guy like Stinkcheese throwing for 2,500 yds 24 TDs 26 INTs and 3 Buttfumbles making the same? I think it could be tweaked but nothing will ever be a perfect salary cap solution
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 30th 2013, 10:57 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICx69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

maybe the NFL should look into a system like that, maybe say 10 mil a year MAX for QB, 8 mil a year MAX for LB etc etc, that would work but what happens when you have a guy like Brady that throws for 4,000 yards every season with 35 TDs and 6 INTS making 10 mil and a guy like Stinkcheese throwing for 2,500 yds 24 TDs 26 INTs and 3 Buttfumbles making the same? I think it could be tweaked but nothing will ever be a perfect salary cap solution

I mean the NBA has a pretty sweet get up, only problem with that is the amount of money coming in, deters teams from spending money and hitting a luxury tax blah blah blah. i think if the nfl took the NBA system of contracts and left out the luxury tax bullshit, we might have more action in free agency
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 31st 2013, 12:12 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICx69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Shocked

Did Puppetz just complement Tom Brady?

Who the fuck are you?!?!?!?!?!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 31st 2013, 12:57 am

MaddMatter wrote:

Shocked

Did Puppetz just complement Tom Brady?

Who the fuck are you?!?!?!?!?!

lol, hey man, if you guys ever noticed, im a fair evaluater of talent...whether it be on my Jets team or not, I defended Stinkcheese for 3 seasons because you gotta give a rookie QB some breathing room and see what he does, well he sucks...as for Tom Brady? I HATE him, but thats just because he plays for the Patriots and not the Jets, do I wish a bad case of crotchrot on him before every game? sure i do, but the man has proven year in and year out that he can play the position at the highest level...the day he retires will be celebrated by not only myself, but by Jets fans across the globe, sorta like when Dan marino retired
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 31st 2013, 8:38 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICx69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Why not make incentives. Say for Brady's case, if he throws a certain amount of TDs/Yrds he gets such and such amount added on to the 10 mil?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 31st 2013, 8:42 am

EPICx69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Romo shouldn't have gotten even close to what Flacco got. Romo doesn't have a ring, doesn't have as many wins, doesn't have as many playoff wins, etc. What strikes me as funny, is that everyone is complaining about flaccos contract, yet no one thinks that maybe flaccos contract is as much as it is, is because of the QBs before him constantly jacking up the QB base value everytime they get a new contract? And now it will be even more once Rodgers gets signed, and you also have Matt Ryan coming up.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum