Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Madden Franchise

+12
MyDirtyDangles
TRU11
ccdog23
Mutant
Pintsizedjark
at23steelers
BaltRavensFan20
Soarindude02
tubbs51
MaddMatter
SteelersJMB
EPICxPENGUIN69
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Madden Franchise Empty Madden Franchise

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 20th 2011, 1:43 am

So since I looked at the new madden franchise mode stuff on EA. It got me thinking on whats the best way to build the team you want. No need to say a team name but when you try and build a team in Madden, what are some things you look for.

1) bad season record from the year before
2) A horrible defense
3) No established QBs (drafted 1st rounders or vets)
4) Trade a lot of people to get a ton of picks to have a crap load of young talent
5) do not draft a QB until I have a bunch of drafted by me starters
6) when I do draft a QB, depending on who is on the team, sit the 1st year or start the whole year

what do you guys typically do and look for?
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Madden Franchise Empty Re: Madden Franchise

Post  SteelersJMB May 20th 2011, 2:31 am

Always play with the Steelers, I go from there
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 20th 2011, 3:08 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:So since I looked at the new madden franchise mode stuff on EA. It got me thinking on whats the best way to build the team you want. No need to say a team name but when you try and build a team in Madden, what are some things you look for.

2) A horrible defense
4) Trade a lot of people to get a ton of picks to have a crap load of young talent
6) when I do draft a QB, depending on who is on the team, sit the 1st year or start the whole year

I usually just picked the Lions and played. Then in the draft just pick the BPA, because you could so easily tell which ones were stars. Even the late round gems.

So to answer the questions.
1. Lions- Yes
2. Lions- Yes
3. Lions- No? Stafford, plus there are virtually no injuries unless you sim.
4. I trade some of the older players if I can get good value, or if they are asking for too much money I just release them and draft a new one.
5. Stafford, so no comment.
6. I'd let him start. Even though it doesn't matter in Madden, (well I guess it does this year) but I think the best way to learn is to play the game. Fuck rideing the bench go out there and learn hands on.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 20th 2011, 10:40 am

MaddMatt wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:So since I looked at the new madden franchise mode stuff on EA. It got me thinking on whats the best way to build the team you want. No need to say a team name but when you try and build a team in Madden, what are some things you look for.

2) A horrible defense

I usually just picked the Lions and played. Then in the draft just pick the BPA, because you could so easily tell which ones were stars. Even the late round gems.

1. Lions- Yes
2. Lions- Yes
4. I trade some of the older players if I can get good value, or if they are asking for too much money I just release them and draft a new one.
6. I'd let him start. Even though it doesn't matter in Madden, (well I guess it does this year) but I think the best way to learn is to play the game. Fuck rideing the bench go out there and learn hands on.

werent questions, just what i try to do

but ok thanks for answering
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 20th 2011, 10:55 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:

werent questions, just what i try to do

but ok thanks for answering

.....oh....It was 2 in the morning I have a good excuse.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 20th 2011, 8:51 pm

2) A horrible defense

I play as the Seahawks first and when i win the SB with them i move on to the worst team.

1. Depends on your defenition of "Bad record". Seattle went 7-9 and had the 25 overall pick so i dont consider that a "Bad record".
2. Young for sure with some old talent. I usually keep Milloy around long enough to where i can get a great SS and then i trade him (usually for a third rounder :/) the rest stays for a few more years (Trufant is typically the next vet to go other than the DLmen)
3. I try to get a good QB via draft the first or second year. Franchise QBs dont come along very often but when theres one available you HAVE to pounce on it unless you already have one.
4. I dont typically trade away boat load of talent until i think they've reached their peak (around the player's 7-10th seasons). I dont like signing a player past their 10th season other than Kickers and MAJOR players that are still 90+ overall.
5. Like in #3 i like to get a Franchise QB fairly early on. In years past i would sock away talent and then trade it (at one point in M10 i had 6 CBs with 85+ overall and A or B potential).
6. In years past i used to play them week one because in years past they dont get better nearly as much while their on the bench as opposed to in the games. But with the new stuff in M12 i might let my rookie QBs ride the Pine their first season.

Overall with the Hawks the first year or two i typically concentrate on the Trenches and work out from there.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 20th 2011, 10:16 pm

well yea you should draft a QB. Very rarely do I encounter a team where I can pick up a QB in free agency and build a team around him. I use them as a piece just until I can get a guy in there.

On defense I draft Dline early and than move to Backers and worry about corners and safetys lastly
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 May 21st 2011, 12:00 am

Depending on what team and what year. Before Freeman era, I would draft a QB. With Freeman, not a chance. I like to trade, and its what I do. But hopefully these Franchise features will fix the broken Feature that we call Franchise mode.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 10th 2011, 8:48 pm

Ok, you take over a shitty team. Not to be named. Its a online league or what ever you dont have control. You have a shitty team

What is the 1st thing you address, how do you handle it, Oline draft? QB free agency?

EXPLAIN!
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 August 10th 2011, 9:26 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:Ok, you take over a shitty team. Not to be named. Its a online league or what ever you dont have control. You have a shitty team

What is the 1st thing you address, how do you handle it, Oline draft? QB free agency?

EXPLAIN!

Well, I would go with oline first then QB, since if you have a good oline your QB will be protected. But If I was going D first, I would take a good pass rushing DE first then maybe a DT or ILB.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers August 11th 2011, 12:42 am

MaddMatt wrote:

2) A horrible defense

1. Lions- Yes
2. Lions- Yes

Realistic: Pretend you are Millen and draft a WR every year in the 1st round! Boom!
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark August 11th 2011, 12:48 am

MaddMatt wrote:

2) A horrible defense

1. Lions- Yes
2. Lions- Yes

I think irl sitting a rookie QB behind a veteran is one of the best things you can do...I feel like a lot of rookie QBs get fucked over for their entire careers because they were forced into a starting job with no support and failed miserably.

/I know there are some exceptions

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 11th 2011, 5:28 am

I think it's boring to play only as one team. Sure, I'll play a couple of seasons with the Cardinals but I won't limit myself to using only them. Playing as other teams helps you find good players. Like in Madden 10 I played as the Jaguars and found that Rashad Jennings was a fucking beast who broke tackles like nothing.

A trend I picked up in past Maddens is that I don't trade unless it's a QB. I make do with F/A wnat I have at the moment.

The problem with Madden 10 and 11 was that the trading absolutely fucking sucked. I remember putting Brett Favre on the block and being offered Stafford and Henne. Basically A-B potential guys for a 41 year old guy who would retire at the end of the season (and stay retired unlike the real Favre).

Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 11th 2011, 2:05 pm

I like to take bad teams and trade everyone over the age of 25 for draft picks and young players. Usually I draft offensive linemen and defensive linemen before I draft a qb
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 11th 2011, 11:23 pm

Ok how about this question for your hypothetical team

You have a young team. What do you do with your QB situation. How many guys you carry at QB, what about ratings or money you give out.

I try to have 3 QBs. 1st and 2nd string qbs get most of the money. I want like a 6'4ish 220ish QB as my starter, mid 80s or low 90s. My back up is mid to high 70s. My 3rd string is usually in the 50 or 60s
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 12th 2011, 8:19 am

lol 1st you do when you get a random team is look at what kind of team it is.

most important is to see if you are a 4/3 or 3/4 team.

once you looked at how you can play then adress the biggest need you have on defense.

just have a fast defense with good pursuit and decend tackling and you will be allright.

next up is get a kicker with huge KP.

QB is probaly the least important position to focus on.
you could get a guy like josh johnson is and probaly still win all games.
throwing power is all that matters.

oline is useless so dont focus on that but do try to get at least 3 wrs with good route running and at least 1 or 2 burners.

get a speed back or if you are about ball control a big power back.

2 qbs is all you need btw and i prefer both of them to have throwing power while 1 is accurate and the other is a scrambler.

depending on opponent make sub packages with each.

had josh johsnon run the shot gun and had roc hargrove run the other offenses.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 12th 2011, 7:05 pm

Whats a bad team this year to take over that has no QB talent what so ever.

Panthers - just drafted C newt nope
Bengals - dalton nope
brown - mccoy nope
seahawks? maybe
raiders? maybe
dolphins? more likely

what you think
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 12th 2011, 7:41 pm

cant go wrong with the browns lol.
or bills.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 12th 2011, 9:02 pm

TRU11 wrote:cant go wrong with the browns lol.
or bills.

See the browns got mccoy and I want to take over a team that has no rookie 1st or 2nd round qbs or an established starter. mccoy isnt establish but they want him there and he will most likely be given every shot to play a lot

bills is eh maybe
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 24th 2011, 10:38 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles August 25th 2011, 12:14 am

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
or bills.

See the browns got mccoy and I want to take over a team that has no rookie 1st or 2nd round qbs or an established starter. mccoy isnt establish but they want him there and he will most likely be given every shot to play a lot

bills is eh maybe

redskins!
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 25th 2011, 12:48 am

MyDirtyDangles wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
or bills.

bills is eh maybe

redskins!

nah i narrowed it down to the seahawks or raiders. both teams blow and have 'eh' qbs
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles August 25th 2011, 1:08 am

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MyDirtyDangles wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
or bills.

bills is eh maybe

redskins!

nah i narrowed it down to the seahawks or raiders. both teams blow and have 'eh' qbs

well jason cambell is a 80 something in madden... and the raiders are actually a decent team
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 25th 2011, 2:59 am

MyDirtyDangles wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MyDirtyDangles wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
or bills.

bills is eh maybe

redskins!

well jason cambell is a 80 something in madden... and the raiders are actually a decent team
...but its the raiders dude...al davis owned....
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 25th 2011, 5:00 am

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MyDirtyDangles wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MyDirtyDangles wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
or bills.

bills is eh maybe

redskins!

...but its the raiders dude...al davis owned....

Bills (but being a |Jets fan, probably not a good idea)
Dolphins
Raiders
Seahawks
Redskins

Shit teams with 1st/2nd round rookie QBs:
Bengals
49ers
Vikings
Panthers
Jaguars
Titans
Mutant