Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Case of the Week: Terrell Davis vs. HoF

4 posters

Go down

Case of the Week: Terrell Davis vs. HoF Empty Case of the Week: Terrell Davis vs. HoF

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 2nd 2013, 5:48 pm

Let me present to you the argument that Terrell Davis should be in the HoF. Excluding pre-modern era running backs, Gale Sayers has the lowest career rush yards of any primarly rushing type player.

Career Games:
TD: 78
GS: 68

Career Rush Yards:
TD:7607
GS:4956

Career TD's:
TD: 65
GS: 56

Career Total Yardage:
TD: 8887
GS: 9435

Both payers had their careers cut short by knee injuries and both hold a special place amongst their teams diehard fans. What seperates TD for Sayers is the back story. Sayers was the 4th over all pick of the bears while TD was 196th pick in the draft. TD was not even a HB in college and was used primarily as a blocker at georgia.

one knock against TD was that he played in the Zone blocking scheme of Shanahan. While you can make an argument that it improved his numbers, Shanahan has not had the same success since TD was his RB. TD has the most Yards per game, wins, redzone efficency, and rushing TDs of all RBs to start for Shanahan. He was also a cog in a team that helped Elway win 2 super bowls and even won a super bowl MVP trophy.

I submit to you for your humble approval, my case and argument for TD to go into the HoF base on both stats and story. He was a great player and deserves the recognition and honor such that other great players have received.

Cited:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaviTe00.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SayeGa00.htm
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Case of the Week: Terrell Davis vs. HoF Empty Re: Case of the Week: Terrell Davis vs. HoF

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 2nd 2013, 7:03 pm

Davis was basically a product of Shanahans system...he only had 4 productive years in the NFL...what happened when Davis couldnt tote the rock anymore? no problem for Shanahan and the Broncos, insert Olandis Gary and watch him rumble for 1,200 yards...what happens when Gary gets hurt the next year? insert virtual unknown Mike Andersen and watch him gain 1,500 yards on the ground...Mike Andersen not the answer? lets get Clinton Portis and watch him tear up the league for 1,500+ yards as a rookie and 1,600 yards in his 2nd year..hell, Shanahan had such a great system in place he TRADED Portis after gaining 3,200 yards 31 TDs in his first 2 seasons!!! Shocked  with Portis shipped out to the Skins, Shanny sticks Rueben Droughns in the backfield, the result? 1,300 fucking yards!!!

bottomline is this..Terrell Davis was a product of a great system and Shanny knew ALL HBs were expendable..Davis was NOT a great HB, he was a lucky HB to have a coach that dedicated soo much to the run game.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Case of the Week: Terrell Davis vs. HoF Empty Re: Case of the Week: Terrell Davis vs. HoF

Post  MaddMatter August 2nd 2013, 7:57 pm

I like TD, but no. Part of being the best ever is health. Is it part luck? Sometimes yes. Broncos hall of fame? Sure. NFL Hall of Fame? No.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 2nd 2013, 10:45 pm

This nigga cited his sources. This cant be real
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 3rd 2013, 1:41 pm

Stephen wrote:This nigga cited his sources. This cant be real

I can't believe you used that word. I can't respect a guy who uses that word. I feel like I've lost a brother.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 3rd 2013, 7:27 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
Stephen wrote:This nigga cited his sources. This cant be real

I can't believe you used that word. I can't respect a guy who uses that word. I feel like I've lost a brother.
im black cuz we good
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum