Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Shit in the NFL that scares me

5 posters

Go down

Shit in the NFL that scares me Empty Shit in the NFL that scares me

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 13th 2013, 12:43 pm

1. The Buffalo Bills, for a while they have been a punching bag and E.J. Manuel looks good, C.J. Spiller is coming on, and they have a HC who actually is a tested commodity and just a smart guy. Juran and Gaily weren't what I say were guys who best suited for a building project.

2. New Orleans Saints, they are looking angry mean and with a Ryan defense with that offense, they are going balls deep on every team they play. Brees can have ANOTHER 5000+ yard season (he has 3 so far which is stupid).

3. Zone Read/Spread, I think it is something new to the NFL that is going to stay and used more prevalently but not the way most people expect. Like I said in the preseason thread how Kelly used the zone read with Foles where it was an option pass. Hand it off or throw it to the back side receivers and pick up chump yards.

4. Adrian Peterson and CJ2K, one of them mother fuckers is doing something amazing this year. AP is just a freak with spreed while CJ is a speed freak who happened to just might have gotten the best OL in the draft and gained more in FA.

5. Super Bowl, The super bowl is in Jersey this year and everyone is absolutely fucking losing their mind about a cold weather super bowl. Ignore the fact I live in AC so that whole month traffic is going to be fucking insane with people trying to get in as much gambling as possible before/after the super bowl. For that alone, I hope it snows like crazy but it doesn't normally snow in early febuary, we get the most snow at the beginning and end of winter, not balls deep middle of it.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Shit in the NFL that scares me Empty Re: Shit in the NFL that scares me

Post  Thadden August 13th 2013, 10:45 pm

This is my list:
1. The Eagles secondary still might be as bad as they were last year...
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 13th 2013, 10:53 pm

only thing that scares me in the NFL is the salary cap...

a team drafts a player and grooms him to be one of the best at his position, then they lose him in his prime due to a cap constraint that they cant afford to give 20% of it to just one player...Darrelle Revis comes to mind..amongst many others
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 14th 2013, 2:05 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:only thing that scares me in the NFL is the salary cap...

a team drafts a player and grooms him to be one of the best at his position, then they lose him in his prime due to a cap constraint that they cant afford to give 20% of it to just one player...Darrelle Revis comes to mind..amongst many others
kind of focusing about this upcoming season you know but what ever, i guess that is relevant
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 August 14th 2013, 5:29 pm

Thadden wrote:This is my list:
Oh yeah, How is Carry Williams working out for ya? Laughing 
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 August 14th 2013, 5:30 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:only thing that scares me in the NFL is the salary cap...

This scares me with the orioles..... Davis, Weiters, Machado all will be coming up at some point. Weiters I think next season. But yeah, for the ravens there are some good young players that will be asking a lot eventually. I hate it when it happens...
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 14th 2013, 6:49 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

This scares me with the orioles..... Davis, Weiters, Machado all will be coming up at some point. Weiters I think next season. But yeah, for the ravens there are some good young players that will be asking a lot eventually. I hate it when it happens...
I get that guys have to make a fuck load of money in a short period of time because careers are so short. The whole salary cap thing is built around parody. It forces teams to lose players to bad teams with a ton of cap room. the NFL rules are set up where if you are an average owner who has an average coach, you'll go between winning and losing seasons every 3-4 years....

that being said.

there are owners, gms, and coaches who are absolutely retarded and on the opposite end owners, gms, and coaches who are amazing

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 August 14th 2013, 7:19 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

I get that guys have to make a fuck load of money in a short period of time because careers are so short. The whole salary cap thing is built around parody. It forces teams to lose players to bad teams with a ton of cap room. the NFL rules are set up where if you are an average owner who has an average coach, you'll go between winning and losing seasons every 3-4 years....

that being said.

there are owners, gms, and coaches who are absolutely retarded and on the opposite end owners, gms, and coaches who are amazing

I agree, and yes that's what makes the nfl good. It just sucks to see some of your favorite class act players go to crappy teams and leave because of money....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden August 14th 2013, 7:34 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
I told you last year I hated the man, I told you after we got him I was pissed and so far hes been involved with 2 1/2 practices, got kicked out of one for fighting and he comments on everything. Still hate him and wish we hadnt wasted money on him
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 August 14th 2013, 7:43 pm

Thadden wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
I told you last year I hated the man, I told you after we got him I was pissed and so far hes been involved with 2 1/2 practices, got kicked out of one for fighting and he comments on everything. Still hate him and wish we hadnt wasted money on him
I know Very Happy  It just cracks me up how they saw SB winning player and they just assumed that he was sooo good. Did they just not watch any tape at all? lol
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden August 14th 2013, 7:49 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
Thadden wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
I know Very Happy  It just cracks me up how they saw SB winning player and they just assumed that he was sooo good. Did they just not watch any tape at all? lol
Its Howie Roseman... Hes proven again and again hes not smart. The man that ripped my heart out in 2010 when he picked Earl Thomas Brandon Graham.... Thomas is a top 3 S and Graham is still on the bench
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 14th 2013, 7:54 pm

Thadden wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
Thadden wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
Its Howie Roseman... Hes proven again and again hes not smart. The man that ripped my heart out in 2010 when he picked Earl Thomas Brandon Graham.... Thomas is a top 3 S and Graham is still on the bench

Graham was a beast at Michigan, what's wrong with him in Philly? Is it a scheme thing

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 14th 2013, 8:57 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
Thadden wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
Thadden wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Graham was a beast at Michigan, what's wrong with him in Philly? Is it a scheme thing
i wanted him for the jets when he came out because he looks and plays like a 3-4 olb, he is too small to be a 4-3 end. once he gets a change like goes to a team like the steeler or something thats historically a 3-4 rush team, he will be a jason babin pop out of no where guy
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden August 14th 2013, 9:42 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
Thadden wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
Thadden wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

i wanted him for the jets when he came out because he looks and plays like a 3-4 olb, he is too small to be a 4-3 end. once he gets a change like goes to a team like the steeler or something thats historically a 3-4 rush team, he will be a jason babin pop out of no where guy
Its not that hes bad he just hasnt stayed healthy. Im looking for him to have a good year as a situational pass rusher but htey passed on numerous pro bowlers to get a guy who up until now didnt fit the scheme very well. Hes finally slim and at a good weight but hes been a frustrating pick from the start
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down