Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Ray Lewis foresees Criminal Activity?

+7
TRU11
JermikesHere
Thadden
KWicK78
SteelersJMB
EPICxPENGUIN69
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ray Lewis foresees Criminal Activity? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ray Lewis foresees Criminal Activity?

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 23rd 2011, 4:12 pm

at23steelers wrote:When asked why crime would increase, the 12-time Pro Bowl player said "there's nothing else to do."

I hope he isn't talking about himself. Because that would be just sad. Seriously crime rates increase with no NFL. Cmon Ray.

+1... thats what i got after reading the story, i think Ray is having "thoughts' of commiting more crimes.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Ray Lewis foresees Criminal Activity? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ray Lewis foresees Criminal Activity?

Post  at23steelers May 23rd 2011, 4:19 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
at23steelers wrote:When asked why crime would increase, the 12-time Pro Bowl player said "there's nothing else to do."

I hope he isn't talking about himself. Because that would be just sad. Seriously crime rates increase with no NFL. Cmon Ray.

+1... thats what i got after reading the story, i think Ray is having "thoughts' of commiting more crimes.

Sorry I can't hit people anymore on the field, so I might as well assault them off the field.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 23rd 2011, 4:22 pm

Goes to show you how a criminal thinks.. even a criminal like Saint Ray.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 23rd 2011, 4:39 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:or MAYBE...Ray Lewis is worried about himself and all the extra time he will have on his hands, maybe he has some "urgings' to commit some crimes so he already knows the crime rate will rise...but when its all said and done, he DIDNT kill no muthfkin Lion!!! Shocked

Mmm, yeah or he's busy running his football camps and visiting children who have disabilities or doing interviews for NFL Network and ESPN and working out. You know, he could be doing those things, like he always does.

You always make Lewis sound like a saint...

Lol, just because I say what he does during the offseason? Sorry?

You do it all the time, I'm not one to call out someone for just ONE post

I don't make him out to be a "saint", he's a good person, that's just who he is. Sorry if there's no other way to put it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 23rd 2011, 4:41 pm

Wow, people really misunderstood what he said, lol...

And I love all the people thinking that Ray is talking about himself...SMH

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 23rd 2011, 4:52 pm

To clarify for everyone who misinterpreted what Ray said:

“Do this research. If we don’t have a season – watch how much evil, which we call crime, watch how much crime picks up, if you take away our game,” Lewis told ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio.

If there's no NFL season, watch how the crime rate goes up because people who usually are watching the games or whatever are now out on the streets doing god-knows-what.

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 May 23rd 2011, 4:53 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I love all the people that think he has any sort of clue as to what he is talking about.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 23rd 2011, 4:55 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I love all the people that think he has any sort of clue as to what he is talking about.

And I love all the people who think he doesn't...

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 May 23rd 2011, 4:58 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Since you'd like to go around again--

Ray has absolutely nothing to back up his claim. No numbers. No examples. Nothing. He has some faulty "logic" that you seem to buy into, purely because he is Ray Lewis.

Ray is no expert and should stick to things he knows. As should you.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 23rd 2011, 5:24 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

You have to have seen by now that nobody can talk about Ray without someone bringing up about his murder charges and such or bashing him in some way. Its sad really, that people are still talking about this after what 13-15 yrs? What, is Ray going to be banned from the HoF becasue he had murder charges? Seriously people, come on. If you dont have anything better to say than to bash a player, than why even comment. People never cease to amaze me Rolling Eyes . Do I agree with what he did (if he really even did anything), no, but Im not going to keep harping on news thats 13-15 yrs old. The courts made their decision, its done, theres nothing anyone can do now, even us fans.

Back on topic, I'd say his comments are logical. Hes right, what is there to do? Sure they could get a small job untill the lockout is over, but does anyone really think they are just going to sit home and do nothing? No they'll go out to clubs and such, hang out with their buddys. Which brings about an increase of instability in their actions, unless they have enough common sense to stay out of trouble.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget May 23rd 2011, 5:32 pm

do we see a rise in crime after football season ends every year, no we dont and if we do its coincidental. i did like how he brought up the people who work at the stadiums in the interview and how they are affected as well. the crime thing to me sounds like he thinks we have nothing to live for but to watch the great ray lewis. kinda came off as full of himself in the interview imo.

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 23rd 2011, 5:35 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Ray has absolutely nothing to back up his claim. No numbers. No examples. Nothing. He has some faulty "logic" that you seem to buy into, purely because he is Ray Lewis.

Ray is no expert? Actually, I would say he is. He lives on those streets that he talks about. He visits those neighborhoods, and he sees what life is like because that's where he came from. YOU, on the other hand, know nothing about that type of shit, and neither do I. Of course there are no numbers and data to back up his claim, when was the last time there wasn't an NFL season?

So when Ray is telling them to watch what happens with crime if the NFL season does not happen, then I would seriously consider watching what happens with the crime.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 23rd 2011, 5:36 pm

poshmidget wrote:do we see a rise in crime after football season ends every year, no we dont and if we do its coincidental. i did like how he brought up the people who work at the stadiums in the interview and how they are affected as well. the crime thing to me sounds like he thinks we have nothing to live for but to watch the great ray lewis. kinda came off as full of himself in the interview imo.

He's not talking about the off-season. He's talking about if there is no NFL season at all, watch how much the crime rate goes up.

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 23rd 2011, 5:37 pm

poshmidget wrote:do we see a rise in crime after football season ends every year, no we dont and if we do its coincidental. i did like how he brought up the people who work at the stadiums in the interview and how they are affected as well. the crime thing to me sounds like he thinks we have nothing to live for but to watch the great ray lewis. kinda came off as full of himself in the interview imo.

Thats completely different in this situation tho. The players only have what? a month or two off than its back to practices and such and FA is going on, the draft happens. Right now this is absolutely nothing football realted going on, no FA, etc. Im not sticking up for him, but you cant really compare an offseason like this to a normal offseason, because the normal football evens arent occuring.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget May 23rd 2011, 5:43 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

He's not talking about the off-season. He's talking about if there is no NFL season at all, watch how much the crime rate goes up.

ya hes saying if there not watching football, then they must be breaking laws. were not watching football now why hasnt crime gone up. what i heard in that interview was ray lewis talking about how important he is to the world and how without him we would all be stealing stuff and killing people.

poshmidget

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 23rd 2011, 5:45 pm

poshmidget wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

ya hes saying if there not watching football, then they must be breaking laws. were not watching football now why hasnt crime gone up. what i heard in that interview was ray lewis talking about how important he is to the world and how without him we would all be stealing stuff and killing people.

Yes, he's saying that if there is no NFL season, people and players and employees that live through the NFL that would usually be highly involved in the game, watching the game, playing in the games, etc. are going to be out on the streets doing other things and some of them are going to make poor decisions. Not all of them, but some of them.

And how exactly did you get that from the interview? Lol, you must have had your Black and Yellow glasses on when you were watching it.

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 23rd 2011, 5:46 pm

poshmidget wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Then dont listen to him. There is something called freedom of speech where people are allowed to voice their opinions, we also have the freedom to not listen to them or agree with them. So if you dont like what he says or what his opinions are than dont pay attention to them.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget May 23rd 2011, 5:49 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
poshmidget wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Then dont listen to him. There is something called freedom of speech where people are allowed to voice their opinions, we also have the freedom to not listen to them or agree with them. So if you dont like what he says or what his opinions are than dont pay attention to them.

no i like ray lewis i like his oppinions for the most part just this one i disagree with, and i also have the right to disagree and the freedom of speech to voice the fact that i disagree with what he said.

poshmidget

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers May 23rd 2011, 5:59 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
poshmidget wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

That's what I said with Mendenhall and I got flamed for it. Not sure what you thought about what he said. I agree that he has a right to what he said. I am not bashing him for making the comments, just questioning what it means. Why did he say What else is there to do? He didn't say the people I visit and see in these communities. Btw, I wasn't even thinking about the murder that happened 15 years ago, and he seemed remorseful about it. I am just basing it on what he currently stated. When I read it, I thought he was talking about NFL players in general, since the crime rate of the players has gone up.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 23rd 2011, 6:14 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Saint Ray ALWAYS knows what he is talking about. He mentors 102.5% of all NFL players you know. And 96% of all college players as well.. He has also never been in any trouble with the law or anything. Model person. Very smart and handsome.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 May 23rd 2011, 6:32 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Ray is no expert? Actually, I would say he is. He lives on those streets that he talks about. He visits those neighborhoods, and he sees what life is like because that's where he came from. YOU, on the other hand, know nothing about that type of shit, and neither do I. Of course there are no numbers and data to back up his claim, when was the last time there wasn't an NFL season?

So when Ray is telling them to watch what happens with crime if the NFL season does not happen, then I would seriously consider watching what happens with the crime.

Oh... so because Ray goes out to poor neighborhoods from time to time he is an expert on crime rate? What a joke. That is even below your normal standards. Ray has no research. During the season, Football is on tv 2 days a week, 3 if you have NFL Network (and those committing crime don't, trust me). So Ray believes that from 12noon until 10pm CST and from what 7pm to 10pm CST on Sunday and Monday, respectively, the crime rate is going to soar beyond normal levels? Get real.

What a joke. I can't believe people are buying into this shit. The NFL doesn't even matter to a majority of people in this country. We all know several people that don't watch on Sunday-- let alone all the games. Crime would be more likely to increase if the Powerball shut down than if the NFL doesn't have a season.

Ray is an expert on crime because he does a little charity work... Rolling Eyes Mad
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 May 23rd 2011, 6:40 pm

On a lighter note: it is entertaining as hell to watch all these TV guys make fun of Ray for his comments. It's not like they know a lot either, but it's still hilarious
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 23rd 2011, 6:48 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Oh... so because Ray goes out to poor neighborhoods from time to time he is an expert on crime rate? What a joke. That is even below your normal standards. Ray has no research. During the season, Football is on tv 2 days a week, 3 if you have NFL Network (and those committing crime don't, trust me). So Ray believes that from 12noon until 10pm CST and from what 7pm to 10pm CST on Sunday and Monday, respectively, the crime rate is going to soar beyond normal levels? Get real.

What a joke. I can't believe people are buying into this shit. The NFL doesn't even matter to a majority of people in this country. We all know several people that don't watch on Sunday-- let alone all the games. Crime would be more likely to increase if the Powerball shut down than if the NFL doesn't have a season.

Ray is an expert on crime because he does a little charity work... Rolling Eyes Mad

No, you misunderstood what I said...sigh

He's an expert moreso than anyone else on the subject because he grew up in those neighborhoods, he goes to those neighborhoods REGULARLY, not "from time to time", he knows what those people do, he knows how those people live because he was one of them at one point in his life. He knows that some of those people who live in the projects, in the hoods, in the ghettos live through the NFL and use the NFL to stay out of trouble and gangs, much like people like you and I use other hobbies such as Video Games, baseball, etc. to stay out of trouble. He's saying if you take that away, there's a good chance that those people will go get into trouble or find trouble. Is that really that hard to understand? Sure, he could be wrong, but he's just saying "watch" if the crime goes up.

Heh, I like that majority comment. Someone was watching Around The Horn today Smile but yeah those people on ATH and whatever show is on right now with Wilbon and Cornheiser are not understanding what he's saying, much like many of you guys on here. They are thinking that "oh well the crime is not increasing right now!" Well, yeah, because this is a normal period where there is normally no football, but wait until this period is extended and there is no NFL season and those people living in those bad neighborhoods don't have anything to do during the summer and fall and winter. Just wait and see...If it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen, and that's for the good. If it does, then we'll know at least one person who called it.

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 23rd 2011, 8:16 pm

at23steelers wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
poshmidget wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

That's what I said with Mendenhall and I got flamed for it. Not sure what you thought about what he said. I agree that he has a right to what he said. I am not bashing him for making the comments, just questioning what it means. Why did he say What else is there to do? He didn't say the people I visit and see in these communities. Btw, I wasn't even thinking about the murder that happened 15 years ago, and he seemed remorseful about it. I am just basing it on what he currently stated. When I read it, I thought he was talking about NFL players in general, since the crime rate of the players has gone up.

I wasnt implying about anything you said AT. You didnt bash anything. I was talking about a few others on here that usually come for the ray lewis bash fest anytime he is brought up, and like to bring up his "criminal history".

I thought he was talking about just the NFL players too Neutral Nvm then. I dont know about the fans crime rate going up, but I have a feeling the NFL player crime rate will go up. It already has been rising, what do we have now? 13-15 trouble with the law cases already. imo sometimes he needs to rephrase his words, other times he brings up good points, thats my opinion on his interview.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 May 24th 2011, 2:07 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

No, you misunderstood what I said...sigh

He's an expert moreso than anyone else on the subject because he grew up in those neighborhoods, he goes to those neighborhoods REGULARLY, not "from time to time", he knows what those people do, he knows how those people live because he was one of them at one point in his life. He knows that some of those people who live in the projects, in the hoods, in the ghettos live through the NFL and use the NFL to stay out of trouble and gangs, much like people like you and I use other hobbies such as Video Games, baseball, etc. to stay out of trouble. He's saying if you take that away, there's a good chance that those people will go get into trouble or find trouble. Is that really that hard to understand? Sure, he could be wrong, but he's just saying "watch" if the crime goes up.

Heh, I like that majority comment. Someone was watching Around The Horn today Smile but yeah those people on ATH and whatever show is on right now with Wilbon and Cornheiser are not understanding what he's saying, much like many of you guys on here. They are thinking that "oh well the crime is not increasing right now!" Well, yeah, because this is a normal period where there is normally no football, but wait until this period is extended and there is no NFL season and those people living in those bad neighborhoods don't have anything to do during the summer and fall and winter. Just wait and see...If it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen, and that's for the good. If it does, then we'll know at least one person who called it.

Nobody is saying anything about "right now". Everyone, except you and Ray Lewis, are saying that the NFL impacts the crime rate about as much as Harry Potter. These kids from poor neighborhoods aren't going to commit crime if they can watch the NFL on TV? Is that really the thesis statement here.

Little lesson for you. Since you are in college, you may hear it, but I'm going to put you ahead of the curve Wink :

Poor people commit crime. Period. It's how the cycle works. To say that they are going to commit more crime because for 23, or however many, Sundays, they won't be distracted is a ridiculous statement. As I said before, it's two days a week for these people that "need the NFL to stay out of trouble." Please...

The point that the players crime rate will increase is entirely feasible. They spend all week during the season with football. Not two damn days like these poor people that Ray is so worried about. It's incredibly conceited and inaccurate to think that the NFL determines the level of crime in the country. I believe you truly understand this. You don't want to admit that Ray said something incredibly ignorant.

I don't care if he spends 60 hours a week in some poor neighborhoods. He obviously doesn't understand a damn thing about what causes crime.

The theory that people won't commit crime because they have other things to do and have a lack of opportunity to commit crime is called "Routine Activities Theory". The studies have proved "inconclusive" at best. Look it up. Do a little research before you take something at face value. Especially when it's a football player talking about the crime rate of an entire country
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next