Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Useless Top 25 Rankings!

5 posters

Go down

Useless Top 25 Rankings!  Empty Useless Top 25 Rankings!

Post  MaddMatter May 25th 2011, 10:20 pm

They're useless in the pre-season, but it gives us some discussion about football that we know WILL happen this year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/05/24/post-spring-top-25/index.html?sct=cf_t11_a1

Oklahoma- Didn't get to watch a lot of their games, but I know they have a TON of potential.

Oregon- They were the second best team last year with LaMichael James. He returns, but it will be really difficult to repeat the success they had last year, Chip Kelley likes to score points though. Just think if this team played the Texas Tech team from...(2008?) You'd have a 150-149 game. Laughing

Alabama- Seems a little high to me, losing Marcell Dareus, Greg McElroy, Julio Jones AND Mark Ingram. I like Trent Richardson as the new starter, but still that's a lot to replace, although Greg did just fine replacing JPW (John Parker Wilson).

LSU- Who the fuck knows. Les Miles is a mad man. But they always do well. So I can't really complain about them being here.

Stanford- Andrew Luck=Money. But good will he perform without Jim Harbaugh.

Texas A&M- Again I don't think I watched one A&M game last year, but I know they were looking good going into last season, I think they are too high.

Oklahoma State- Justin Blackmon is a pure beast. I've seen some of his games and all you say is "WOW!" If you watch any college ball this year, make sure you watch an OSU game.

COCKS!- Now it says Stephen Garcia is returning, but I thought I heard that he got dismissed from the team, maybe I'm mistaking him for someone else. But Spurrier has a great HB in Lattimore, the guy was a monster at times last year. He is definitely a player to watch.

Florida State- They lose Christian Ponder, but speaking with the FSU fans on these forums, he wasn't all he was cracked up to be. So maybe losing him wasn't so bad, but there will still be that learning curve for the next QB.

Boise State- I love this team, Kellen Moore is my Heisman favorite right now. I've always liked Moore and think he knows what it takes to win. (Duh). Replacing Austin Pettis and Titus Young will be tough, but I think the bigger worry is replacing Ryan Winterswyk. I could be wrong though.

Don't get me started on these fuckers......

Nebraska- Joins the Big Ten. Will Taylor Martinez be able to do what he did last year and put up those numbers like Denard Robinson? The guy was fun to watch, but new conference new types of defenses. Big Ten is known for tough defenses. But Denard held his own pretty good. They lose Prince Amukamara, but that defense has been great the last couple of years.

Arkansas- I thought they were overrated last year and that doesn't change knowing that Mallett won't be there. I just don't trust this team.

Michigan State- Ha...no. They were the dream team last year. You know the team that has all the bounces go it's way? That no matter how hard they tried they couldn't lose? Yeah, State was/is overrated.

TCU- Too low. Yes they lose Andy Dalton, but they do what you need to, to win the game. They can run the ball when needed and they play EXCELLENT defense. Tank Carder was AWESOME to watch in the Rose Bowl. Looking forward to watching him more this season.

Wisconsin- Didn't they lose their QB? Yeah they shouldn't be this high, I mean they lost their QB for crying out loud. Fuck no....oh yeah, they lost a good amount of their offensive line, which will really hurt them in my opinion.

Missouri- They lose Gabbert, but again, I can't comment much because I didn't see a lot of their games.

Auburn- They loss Nick Fairley and Cash Newton. Their two biggest playmakers on that team, both will hurt tremendously. I think Fairley hurts more that Newton because he was such a presence in that defense. Newton, for me he didn't really do anything special. I think if Taylor Martinez was on that team they would have done the same thing.

Virginia Tech- Well they lose Tyrod Taylor who was a fun player to watch, but from what I remember they had a pretty good defense. They gave Boise a run for their money early so you know they can put a battle at times. But you know they'll have good special teams.

Got tired, finish later lol

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Useless Top 25 Rankings!  Empty Re: Useless Top 25 Rankings!

Post  Pintsizedjark May 25th 2011, 11:56 pm

I'm not sure why Boise State dropped to 10th..it should be obvious by now that Kellen Moore can make his receivers good, they lost one game to a good Nevada team on a FLUKE..I know some of you might know that I'm a Boise State fan by now but the criticism they get is ridiculous(I know they receive some praise too)...every analyst on ESPN acts like Boise is struggling if they don't win by at least five touchdowns...there was a game last year, I forget who it was against, where Boise won 48-20 and ESPN acted like Boise played a terrible game because they gave up 20 points even though it was a blow out...they lose to a good Nevada IN Nevada(on what I believe is a fluke, as stated above) and everyone acts like they're terrible now..I'm not saying Boise State could easily thrash last year's Oregon or Auburn, but it would be a hell of a good game.

and Kellen Moore will never win the heisman, he'll never get any votes by being in a poor conference...it will probably go to Andrew Luck regardless of how he does.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 May 26th 2011, 12:45 am

I would say Oregon should be #1, I don't really see how you can say otherwise because all of their key players sans Casey Matthews are returning and they were in the NC Championship last year. Oklahoma is good but I don't understand why they are claiming the top spot on so many lists.

Stanford I also think should be top 3 with Luck coming back, I don't think the loss of Harbaugh will cause them to skip a beat at all.

I don't think Auburn should be ranked highly at all but if they get Russell Wilson I may bump them into the top 10-15.

I don't think Texas (they're not in this list but they've been in others) and Notre Dame should be ranked at all...but they're Texas and Notre Dame so they're obviously top 20.

I also think Alabama is way too high, all their key offensive players are gone and their best defensive player left...Trent Richardson may be good but they're gonna see a huge dropoff.

Michigan State is too high, they had an easy schedule last year and they're overrated.

I agree with Virginia Tech being top 15-20, we have a lot of returning talent despite losing Taylor and Williams, but our new QB Logan Thomas is a 6'6 freak who was a top recruit and is drawing early comparisons to Cam Newton (which means he may suck at the pro level but could dominate in college) and if he can play well I think we become a top 10 team again, especially with an easy schedule...losing Williams and Evans hurts but David Wilson should be a competent, if not outstanding runner.

Arizona State should be higher just because of their new uniforms...speaking of which are there gonna be new Pro Combat uniforms this year? I can't find anything about them...

Mine would be:

1. Oregon
2. Oklahoma
3. Stanford
4. LSU
5. South Carolina
6. Boise State
7. Texas A&M
8. Oklahoma State
9. Alabama
10. Nebraska
11. Ohio State
12. TCU
13. Florida State
14. Wisconsin
15. Arkansas
16. Virginia Tech
17. Michigan State
18. Mississippi State
19. Arizona State
20. West Virginia
21. Utah
22. Missouri
23. Penn State
24. Maryland
25. Georgia
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  George_the_Kat May 26th 2011, 11:21 am

Now it says Stephen Garcia is returning, but I thought I heard that he got dismissed from the team, maybe I'm mistaking him for someone else.
He was suspended or something in spring ball but I think he's back now.

LSU is a little too unpredictable to be ranked in the top 5, I'd put them 6-10

I like Stanford but they lose their coach, most of their offensive line, and some receivers, so Luck might be the only thing going for them. I say no more than 9 wins for them.

Texas A&M is supremely overrated this year. I don't understand it they had 1 OK game against LSU (which they lost) and now they are in everyone's top 10. They'll be mediocre.

Oregon will be good but will also take a step back as teams start to figure out their offense. They'll still win the Pac-12 though.

Auburn will do alright after losing Newton and Fairley. They will win about 8 or 9.

Florida State is overrated but the ACC is so bad that they might go 11-1 and possibly get to the Championship.

Alabama lost a lot of talent but have four top 5 recruiting classes to fill it. Richardson will be the top back in the SEC and they also return 9 starters on defense, and not only that but they have alot more to play for than pretty much anyone else with all the tragedy that hit.
George_the_Kat
George_the_Kat

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 26th 2011, 1:24 pm

Boise State played a great game against Nevada. I mean I remember Nevada scored with 11 seconds left or something. Kellen Moore comes out and pulls a Grossman, "FUCK IT WERE GOING DEEP" and I can't remember if it was Pettis or Young that caught it, but made a diving catch at the 25ish yard line. Then the missed the FG. Then missed another chip shot FG in OT. The kicker fucked them over that game.

I think Georgia will be fun to watch Aaron Murray should me some potential as a great QB.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark May 26th 2011, 4:13 pm

MaddMatt wrote:Boise State played a great game against Nevada. I mean I remember Nevada scored with 11 seconds left or something. Kellen Moore comes out and pulls a Grossman, "FUCK IT WERE GOING DEEP" and I can't remember if it was Pettis or Young that caught it, but made a diving catch at the 25ish yard line. Then the missed the FG. Then missed another chip shot FG in OT. The kicker fucked them over that game.

it was to Young...he caught it and landed at the 10....Kyle Brotzman missed a 27 yard field goal...

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 26th 2011, 6:30 pm

Dont forget with Alabama they lost a big Offensive lineman in James Carpenter.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down