Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Jerry Rice HOF Hypocrite?

+2
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
RSoxGuy
6 posters

Go down

Jerry Rice HOF Hypocrite? Empty Jerry Rice HOF Hypocrite?

Post  RSoxGuy February 10th 2015, 5:33 pm

LINK
Jerry Rice admits to cheating, says everyone did it
With Hall of Fame receiver Jerry Rice applying an asterisk to New England’s latest Super Bowl win, Patriots fans will now apply 1,549 asterisks to Jerry Rice’s career achievements.

On Friday, PFT pointed out (at the behest of multiple Patriots fans) a recent admission from Rice that he applied stickum to his gloves.

“I know this might be a little illegal, guys, but you put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky,” Rice said with a laugh as part of an ESPN feature regarding the evolution of gloves.

At a time when many were expecting Rice to claim that his words were taken out of context or that he was joking, Rice has taken to Twitter to admit that he did it, and that it was more than “a little illegal.”

“I apologize ppl after doing my research about stickum!,” Rice said.  “The NFL banned this in 1981.  All players did it! #equalplayingfield.”

The banishment of stickum sparked the increased use of gloves.  Rice, who was drafted by the 49ers four years after stickum became an illegal substance, enhanced the gloves with stickum.

“I’m going to be point blank, I feel like it’s cheating,” Rice told Jim Rome on January 22 regarding the current controversy regarding whether the Patriots deflated footballs.  “Because you have an edge up on your opponent and it’s unfortunate that it happened.  I’m not saying the outcome of the game would have been different or anything like that because they got beat 45-7, but they still had an edge.”

By claiming that “All players did it!” regarding stickum use, Rice is trying to create the impression that he didn’t have an edge.  Regardless, it’s now clear that the greatest receiver of all time cheated — and it’s hard not to wonder whether Rice discovered the glove-stickum combo at some point during a rocky rookie season that featured nearly enough drops to get him benched.

Indeed, Rice at one point in 1985 ditched his glove and went back to catching footballs bare-handed.

“I had to get back to my hands,” Rice said in 1985, from a 2006 item by Mike Tanier of FootballOutsiders.com.  “My hands got me here.”

At some point, Rice got back to his gloves.  And he started putting stickum on them.  And his gloves with stickum helped get him to Canton.

So its ok if Jerry uses an illegal substance for YEARS, ALL THE WAY TO THE HOF but if ONE of the Pats footballs are (BTW, only 1 was under inflated and that was the one turned in buy the Colts) 2 lbs under inflated there needs to be investigations, asterisks, fines and suspensions!

Where are the Jets fans?
Where are all the HATERZ?
Where is everyone from "spygate"?
Where is everyone demanding the 49ers 3 SB wins be rescinded?
Where is all the FUCKING NON STOP HATE???
Where is the call for his SB MVP to be taken away?
Where is the call for his 2 MVPs to be taken away?
Where are all the people who scream "Brady is only good because spygate/deflated balls" but dont say shit about "The greatest to play football of all time"???
Where is all the sports radio and TV stations bashing him for his extreme hypocrisy?

Not a fucking word about it. No full time leads on ESPN. No where to be found. FUCKING HYPOCRITES!
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Jerry Rice HOF Hypocrite? Empty Cris Carter says he never used stickum

Post  RSoxGuy February 10th 2015, 5:39 pm

Cris Carter says he never used stickum
LINK PFT
ESPN may not be saying much about Jerry Rice’s admission of cheating via the use of stickum, but one of its primary NFL analysts is.

“I never used #StickumGate , and @JerryRice isn’t speaking about me or for me,” Hall of Famer Cris Carter recently said on Twitter.

Carter elaborated earlier Monday: “God made my hands, he put #StickumGate on them, never a need to use anything but my God giving talent, and perfect it with a Jugs machine.”

So while no former receivers have come forward to say that, yes, they used stickum, too, one guy has said clearly and unequivocally that he didn’t.

Let’s see if any other receivers from the ’80s, ’90s, or more recently have anything to add, one way or the other.

But but but, Jerry said everybody used it!!!! Why does everyone believe him and give him a pass but when spygate was laughed at by many current and former coaches who admitted DOING EXACTLY THE SAME FUCKING THING as not being relevant all of a sudden it was worse than shooting a limo driver and cost the Pats a 1st rnd pick, cash and endless pussy leakage from haters for a decade. HYPOCRITES!!!!
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Jerry Rice HOF Hypocrite? Empty Re: Jerry Rice HOF Hypocrite?

Post  RSoxGuy February 10th 2015, 5:42 pm

Jerry Rice HOF Hypocrite? 59018533

Jerry Rice HOF Hypocrite? 58907974

Jerry Rice HOF Hypocrite? Jerry%2Brice%2Bstickum%2Bmeme
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 10th 2015, 6:15 pm

Banish him from the HOF...always thought he was overated POS....knew he was a lo down scum fucker ....I hate everything, fuck him...i hope the league does something about it.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy February 10th 2015, 6:39 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Banish him from the HOF...always thought he was overated POS....knew he was a lo down scum fucker ....I hate everything, fuck him...i hope the league does something about it.
Well I..... ummm.... dont have anything to bitch about I guess.... Good call Puppetz
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 10th 2015, 7:23 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:LINK
Jerry Rice admits to cheating, says everyone did it
With Hall of Fame receiver Jerry Rice applying an asterisk to New England’s latest Super Bowl win, Patriots fans will now apply 1,549 asterisks to Jerry Rice’s career achievements.

On Friday, PFT pointed out (at the behest of multiple Patriots fans) a recent admission from Rice that he applied stickum to his gloves.

“I know this might be a little illegal, guys, but you put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky,” Rice said with a laugh as part of an ESPN feature regarding the evolution of gloves.

At a time when many were expecting Rice to claim that his words were taken out of context or that he was joking, Rice has taken to Twitter to admit that he did it, and that it was more than “a little illegal.”

“I apologize ppl after doing my research about stickum!,” Rice said.  “The NFL banned this in 1981.  All players did it! #equalplayingfield.”

The banishment of stickum sparked the increased use of gloves.  Rice, who was drafted by the 49ers four years after stickum became an illegal substance, enhanced the gloves with stickum.

“I’m going to be point blank, I feel like it’s cheating,” Rice told Jim Rome on January 22 regarding the current controversy regarding whether the Patriots deflated footballs.  “Because you have an edge up on your opponent and it’s unfortunate that it happened.  I’m not saying the outcome of the game would have been different or anything like that because they got beat 45-7, but they still had an edge.”

By claiming that “All players did it!” regarding stickum use, Rice is trying to create the impression that he didn’t have an edge.  Regardless, it’s now clear that the greatest receiver of all time cheated — and it’s hard not to wonder whether Rice discovered the glove-stickum combo at some point during a rocky rookie season that featured nearly enough drops to get him benched.

Indeed, Rice at one point in 1985 ditched his glove and went back to catching footballs bare-handed.

“I had to get back to my hands,” Rice said in 1985, from a 2006 item by Mike Tanier of FootballOutsiders.com.  “My hands got me here.”

At some point, Rice got back to his gloves.  And he started putting stickum on them.  And his gloves with stickum helped get him to Canton.

So its ok if Jerry uses an illegal substance for YEARS, ALL THE WAY TO THE HOF but if ONE of the Pats footballs are (BTW, only 1 was under inflated and that was the one turned in buy the Colts) 2 lbs under inflated there needs to be investigations, asterisks, fines and suspensions!

Where are the Jets fans?
Where are all the HATERZ?
Where is everyone from "spygate"?
Where is everyone demanding the 49ers 3 SB wins be rescinded?
Where is all the FUCKING NON STOP HATE???
Where is the call for his SB MVP to be taken away?
Where is the call for his 2 MVPs to be taken away?
Where are all the people who scream "Brady is only good because spygate/deflated balls" but dont say shit about "The greatest to play football of all time"???
Where is all the sports radio and TV stations bashing him for his extreme hypocrisy?

Not a fucking word about it. No full time leads on ESPN. No where to be found. FUCKING HYPOCRITES!

First of all I think all cheating is bull, whether the pats did it, Rice did it, whoever does it. I don't care the team, the player, coach, whoever, there is no place for it imo.

Secondly, there are only a few PEDS that I think are stupid and pointless for the league to worry about players taking, and one of them is Adderall.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 10th 2015, 7:43 pm

This wouldn't bother me as much except for the fact that he said New Englands Super Bowl wins were tainted. Kind of stupid to say when you "cheated" for your career huh?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 10th 2015, 9:37 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Banish him from the HOF...always thought he was overated POS....knew he was a lo down scum fucker ....I hate everything, fuck him...i hope the league does something about it.
Well I..... ummm.... dont have anything to bitch about I guess.... Good call Puppetz

in all honesty, i just hate when a player/team/coach or ballboy cheats...if they do and they are caught, then I say the League needs to maximize the punishments of these people...im still pissed that Irsay was given a slap on the wrist for his coked out drunk binge...im not sure what they can do to Jerry Rice at this point in time, but his freely admitting to cheating by using stickum totally solidifies my long time assesment of this fool, sadly i doubt anything happens to him or the 49ers past championships......they outlawed stickum because of CB Lester Hayes of the Raiders, the dude would literally "lather" up in the stuff before a game and make some nice INTs...Hell man, i even want Woody Johnson to walk the plank for saying he wanted Revis back this year, that dumfucker just cost us a late round pick ( my guesstimate) ...the Rules are the Rules, play by them or you will forever be seen as a cheater.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker February 11th 2015, 4:01 pm

I have to be the first to admit I never even heard about this. Quite interesting but I don't think a lot of WRs are gonna come out and say "Yeah man I had stickum all over my gloves" but I wouldn't be surprized if a lot did or Rice wouldn't have been so candid about it. Hopefully more will come out and say if they did or didn't

The NFL is gonna have to be careful cuz all these cheating controversies are gonna turn off the casual fan and thats bad for business. Gotta brush this stuff under the rug. Shhhhhhhhh.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 11th 2015, 7:58 pm

The stickem he is talking about is the stuff that comes in a can. It is basically made to get the most out of old football. You are supposed to spray them on the ball and it adds a layer of tack like it were new. We use the stuff on practice footballs that are old and worn out.

When you spray it on your hands it's like if you just dipped your hands in soda or something. It isn't that huge of a difference. Like on a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of cheating, it's like a 2 or 3. Same with the patriots deflating balls.

Video taping practice is like 7-9
Paying off refs is a 10
Blowing up the other team's plan before you play, 12

Perspective people, keep it in perspective
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 11th 2015, 9:46 pm

Heres the Stickum that was around in Jerry's day..it might have made it to a can years later, but this is the stuff that was outlawed thanks to CB Lester Hayes...

Jerry Rice HOF Hypocrite? Elvin-hayes

Jerry Rice HOF Hypocrite? Lester-Hayes

Jerry Rice HOF Hypocrite? 97408213-defensive-back-lester-hayes-of-the-los-gettyimages

Jerry Rice HOF Hypocrite? 2905539854_6a64b8e384_b

...THIS is probably the stuff Jerry had on his hands, not some form of "soda'

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 12th 2015, 3:02 am

If you read the interview, he says it was the spray kind. The kind that came in a can was like ridiculously sticky and ruined game balls. The fact he used the term stickem is a lot like saying bandaid rather than bandage. It is a result of 1 kind or brand becoming the name for something else.

Do you really think after they outlawed it, Jerry would be able you use stickem that never came off the ball? no. the spray kind was subtle and washes off with no real trouble
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down