Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NHL Playoffs

+2
S
MaddMatter
6 posters

Go down

NHL Playoffs  Empty NHL Playoffs

Post  MaddMatter April 16th 2015, 6:33 pm

The season started last night

Saw that Chicago came back from 0-3 Sad

Not really expecting much from the Wings this year, but that could change in a game or two. And look Hurps team finally made the playoffs, good for him.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

NHL Playoffs  Empty Re: NHL Playoffs

Post  S April 17th 2015, 12:42 am

Ducks taking it all this year bet
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 17th 2015, 2:20 am

S wrote:Ducks taking it all this year bet
Rangers have a pretty good squad sir. Hard to count them or Montreal out. Price is a fucking beast.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 17th 2015, 2:27 am

Thoughts on game 1:

1. Pavel is still a God among men
2. Luke Glendening, is a beast, his short handed goal was reminiscent of Helm's goal against the Ducks in game 7 years ago. And I think everyone should become a Luke Glendening fan, a guy who wasn't offered a scholarship goes to Michigan, becomes captain, doesn't get drafted and plays a key role on a professional hockey team? BEAST
3. Mrazek is also a beast. I knew he was really good watching some of his games from Grand Rapids in the Calder Cup run. But if he plays like this we have a chance EVERY game.

4. We need Abdelkader in front of the net
5. We can't give up 40+ shots a game and expect to win. Ironically, it was a couple years ago I was bitching about shooting the puck 40+ times a game and we would lose 3-2 or 2-1.
6. Mrazek stole this one, but the whole team needs to come out better in game 2
7. Refs were shit. Several calls on both teams that shouldn't be called in playoffs. Cmon refs, let em play. I'd much rather see 60 minutes of 5-5 than 15 minutes of 5-4.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy April 17th 2015, 11:39 pm

1 Subban is the biggest CUNT Ive ever seen and yes I kow who Crosby is. Ifukin hate MTL

2 Wat is a micro fracture? Is this the new "cracked"? Its broke or its not. Smells like embellishment to me. For a sport that has some of the tuffest guys in sports (campbell finishing shift w broken leg) its still full of floppings girls.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray April 18th 2015, 9:14 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:1 Subban is the biggest CUNT Ive ever seen and yes I kow who Crosby is. Ifukin hate MTL

2 Wat is a micro fracture? Is this the new "cracked"? Its broke or its not. Smells like embellishment to me. For a sport that has some of the tuffest guys in sports (campbell finishing shift w broken leg) its still full of floppings girls.

It's a small little crack in the bone. But it can get worse if you're not careful (ie. that college basketball guy who had his leg snap in half last year). But ya the whole situation was stupid. Subban shouldn't have two hand hacked the guy. Stone shouldn't have went flying like someone shot him. Ottawa shouldn't have acted like Subban tried to kill Stone.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 19th 2015, 12:37 pm

Red Wings defense is atrocious and they have been atrocious since Midway through February. Actually, this team hasn't played well since they went 4-1-1 on a 6 game Western road trip. (Or something like that).

I hate seeing defensemen out of position every game and the fact that we are chasing the puck constantly is frustrating.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 26th 2015, 2:50 pm

*Note I have no internet currently and am on my phone so bare with me

Stamkos. All I've heard all series is that he is sucking or he us injured. But NO ONE has brought up the hit in game 2. Burp you may or may not have seen it, but I remember texting my buddy after Stamkos got hit in game 2 that he was shaken up. And since then he has barely played on the power play. My thing is, why has no one brought that hit yo? I want to say it was helm or gkendening he knocked him good early in game two. I won t be surprised after the series to hear he was injured. When I get internet I'll look for a clip.

On the wings though. I thought they would lose the series going in, I thought after game 4 that they blew their chance to win the series but after last night, Damn, if we play like that we are winning the cup.

Interesting star. Tampa has been shut out 3 times season. All by Petr Mrazek. I followed Petrwhile he was in Grand rapids, the kid is a star in the making

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker April 26th 2015, 4:11 pm

MaddMatter wrote: Burp you may or may not have seen it

Razz

Hope the Caps can take game 7 against the Islanders.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray April 29th 2015, 11:56 pm

Matt must be crying right now
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 30th 2015, 2:15 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Matt must be crying right now

his obit is in the press, hung him self with a redwings jersey
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 30th 2015, 6:07 pm

No, I figured they lost the series when they sucked dick at home and lost 3-2 in OT in Game 5.

We need a goal scorer and a stud defensemen because, as much as I hated how Jimmy Howard played the 2nd half, his defense did him no help.

At least Mrazek looks like a beast, like I told ya'll. Even if we did beat the Lightning, there was no way in hell we were getting past Montreal.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray April 30th 2015, 7:15 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
No, I figured they lost the series when they sucked dick at home and lost 3-2 in OT in Game 5.

We need a goal scorer and a stud defensemen because, as much as I hated how Jimmy Howard played the 2nd half, his defense did him no help.

At least Mrazek looks like a beast, like I told ya'll. Even if we did beat the Lightning, there was no way in hell we were getting past Montreal.

Let's face it though, I don't think Detroit was coming into the season as a team that was for sure going to make the playoffs. So hey, taking the Lightning to 7 is pretty good. Of course, the organizational depth is there because it's the fucking Red Wings and they just pluck studs out of high school and turn them into superstars. Like you guys had Mrazek, Dekyster (sp?), Glendening and that Ferrero guy (though only a few games) show up this season.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 30th 2015, 9:06 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

Let's face it though, I don't think Detroit was coming into the season as a team that was for sure going to make the playoffs. So hey, taking the Lightning to 7 is pretty good. Of course, the organizational depth is there because it's the fucking Red Wings and they just pluck studs out of high school and turn them into superstars. Like you guys had Mrazek, Dekyster (sp?), Glendening and that Ferrero guy (though only a few games) show up this season.

Dekeyser was different he was one of those free agents after graduating from Western. So that was a weird one. Glendening though. I love that guy. Didn't get offered a scholarship, goes to Michigan, becomes a captain, doesn't get drafted, signs with the Wings and plays a key role on the team. The man is a beast.

We have a ton of forwards (Andreas Anthanisiou (sp) and Anthony Mantha should be getting looks soon as well.) And hell Teemu Pulkennan led the AHL in goals even though he spent half the season with the Wings. So we have a logjam at forward. The defense though, Kronwall is on the downside of this career and that was evident this year. Ericcson is playing with the #1 unit, when he should really be the 3rd or probably #4. Brendan Smith is hit or miss, he can be great one game and terrible another. Dekeyser is young and makes mistakes but he has great upside.

They better hope Xavier Oullet and Marchenko are the real deal. But we still need a true #1 defensemen and we need a new Holmstrom to get in front of the net and deflect the shit out of pucks, Abdelkader is kind of like that, but we need a true Holmstrom type of player.

And face it, Dats and Z aren't going to stay at the top of their games forever so Goose and Tats have to pick their games up as well.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy May 4th 2015, 10:52 pm

MTL are a bunch of flopping cunts. So many players on that team do it that it MUST be encouraged by the coaching staff. Have some pride for fuck's sake.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum