Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Lockout-Your Thoughts

5 posters

Go down

Lockout-Your Thoughts Empty Lockout-Your Thoughts

Post  MaddMatter July 1st 2011, 10:13 pm

With all the shit that's been happening the past week about the lockout, what are you thoughts.

I think that a deal will be done within 2 weeks or so. At least I hope so. But them taking the weekend off REALLY pisses me off. Fucking sit in a gah damn room like yesterday, for 15 hours and sort this shit out. Gah damn. You have collectively spent a good 4 or 5 days "trying to come up with a deal" if it takes 4-5 days. (A number off the top of my head) to get something that's pretty simple to get done, you need to start compromising. Gah damn

Hell the 48% for the players of ALL the revenue isn't bad, that's approximately 4.8 Billion, I think you can live off of that.

Retired players- I don't know what they were planning on doing for these guys, but they crafted the way for the NFL and made it is what it is today, so they should get something. 4% maybe? That would be what? 4 Million? I don't really want to do the math right now.

Free Agency- Your become an Unrestricted free agent after 4 years.

Rookies- No more than $12.5 Million guaranteed. Cannot sign a contract for more than $25 Million
1st rounders can sign 5 year contracts
2nd rounders 4 years
Every other round 3 years.
Which I think is similar to what they have now.

Any thing I'm missing?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Lockout-Your Thoughts Empty Re: Lockout-Your Thoughts

Post  Thadden July 1st 2011, 10:36 pm

MaddMatt wrote:With all the shit that's been happening the past week about the lockout, what are you thoughts.

I think that a deal will be done within 2 weeks or so. At least I hope so. But them taking the weekend off REALLY pisses me off. Fucking sit in a gah damn room like yesterday, for 15 hours and sort this shit out. Gah damn. You have collectively spent a good 4 or 5 days "trying to come up with a deal" if it takes 4-5 days. (A number off the top of my head) to get something that's pretty simple to get done, you need to start compromising. Gah damn

Hell the 48% for the players of ALL the revenue isn't bad, that's approximately 4.8 Billion, I think you can live off of that.

Retired players- I don't know what they were planning on doing for these guys, but they crafted the way for the NFL and made it is what it is today, so they should get something. 4% maybe? That would be what? 4 Million? I don't really want to do the math right now.

Free Agency- Your become an Unrestricted free agent after 4 years.

Rookies- No more than $12.5 Million guaranteed. Cannot sign a contract for more than $25 Million
1st rounders can sign 5 year contracts
2nd rounders 4 years
Every other round 3 years.
Which I think is similar to what they have now.

Any thing I'm missing?
Thats the rookie cap? They're still getting paid alot.
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 1st 2011, 10:43 pm

Thadden wrote:
Again that was off the top of my head. It's still a shit ton better than 50 guaranteed for 65.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden July 1st 2011, 10:46 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
Thadden wrote:
Again that was off the top of my head. It's still a shit ton better than 50 guaranteed for 65.
I agree but I was expecting more of an "unproven player" type cap. What I mean is that since the players have yet to prove anything on the field, I thought the max would be like 2 million a season for the top pick. I had never heard anything that led me to this conclusion but I just sort of thought it was common sense.
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 1st 2011, 11:30 pm

Thadden wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
Thadden wrote:
I agree but I was expecting more of an "unproven player" type cap. What I mean is that since the players have yet to prove anything on the field, I thought the max would be like 2 million a season for the top pick. I had never heard anything that led me to this conclusion but I just sort of thought it was common sense.

I think 3 or 4 million a year would probably be more accurate. But still either way the cap needs to go way down. I'm tired of $50 million contracts for "potential"

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden July 1st 2011, 11:34 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
Thadden wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
Thadden wrote:

I think 3 or 4 million a year would probably be more accurate. But still either way the cap needs to go way down. I'm tired of $50 million contracts for "potential"
Agreed
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB July 2nd 2011, 3:59 am

MaddMatt wrote:
Thadden wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
Thadden wrote:

I like the 12.5 million thing you had going on, 2 million as the limit is really really low imo for them. But like you said, anything that isn't 50 or 65 million guaranteed is a lot better at this point.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant July 2nd 2011, 5:17 am

How did rookie contracts get so out of control in the first place? Who was the guy who got drafted 1st overall and declared he wouldn't sign shit unless he got a $20 million guaranteed contract for 5 years, 15 or whenever years ago?

It seems to have gone up and up and up every year. Stafford is on $55 million. Bradford is on something like $58 million.

They haven't done SHIT in the NFL and they get a bigger contract than a guy who's made 4 straight Pro Bowls and won a Super Bowl.

It's a fucking joke imo. To me it's long overdue for a re-haul.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers July 2nd 2011, 1:07 pm

I should get 90% of the profit. owners get 2%, players get 5%, and the rest goes to the steelers. if you dont like it, you can suck it.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 2nd 2011, 9:11 pm

I read in Peter Kings book that 1/2% will get about $35 million. I think the Owners get 50%, Players 48% and Retired Players 2% BAM

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down