Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

James Harrison is an Idiot

+7
MaddMatter
EPICxPENGUIN69
at23steelers
Soarindude02
Mutant
HurpDurpHurray
JermikesHere
11 posters

Go down

James Harrison is an Idiot Empty James Harrison is an Idiot

Post  JermikesHere July 13th 2011, 1:10 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/13/james-harrison-takes-aim-at-goodell-others-in-new-interview/

Crossing the line, bashing the Commish and the league, other players, retired players, etc. This guy is a jackass, just a thug. Using gay slurs, the whole 9 yards.

But oh wait, he wasn't done. He also thought it would be a good idea to bash his quarterback lol: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/13/james-harrison-on-roethlisberger-you-arent-peyton-manning-you-just-get-paid-like-him/

The more surprising and possibly lasting comments Harrison made were about quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s performance in the Super Bowl last year.

“Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again,” Harrison said. “Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain’t that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does.”
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

James Harrison is an Idiot Empty Re: James Harrison is an Idiot

Post  HurpDurpHurray July 13th 2011, 1:43 pm

LOL he seems like such a douchebag
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant July 13th 2011, 1:47 pm

At least he's honest.

He's basically saying what we've all been thinking about the NFL and Goodell for months.

I didn't think that being rich and famous meant you had to become some brain dead automoton without an opinion. If we, the fans, can call the NFL and Goodell all manner of names because of this lock out, then why can't Harrison?

I'd rather have a guy like Harrison with his mouth than some guy who just says what the NFL wants him to say.

That said, the anti-gay stuff is out of line. So are the attacks on his QB and the retired players.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 13th 2011, 1:48 pm

My Face was pretty much this through out the whole article Shocked

What a joke. How can you call out everybody like that to everyone.

The only one I laughed at and thought was well done was this comment:

Why don’t you quit and do something else, like start your own league in flag football?”

I LOL'd
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers July 13th 2011, 2:05 pm

The peeing one and flag football ones were slightly funny, but all of it was wayyy out of line!! I don't think he should get suspended for this, maybe fined. Although it's during the lockout, so IMO, he shouldn't get anything for it. Still, what he did now, should make the Rooney's definitely consider releasing him from the Steelers. There is no way he should be attacking his teammates especially for the SB which was more than 5 months ago!!! It's not like he played well in the SB either. Harrison is one of my least favorite players, and definitely my least favorite Steelers, and these statements show why.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant July 13th 2011, 2:17 pm

at23steelers wrote:The peeing one and flag football ones were slightly funny, but all of it was wayyy out of line!! I don't think he should get suspended for this, maybe fined. Although it's during the lockout, so IMO, he shouldn't get anything for it. Still, what he did now, should make the Rooney's definitely consider releasing him from the Steelers. There is no way he should be attacking his teammates especially for the SB which was more than 5 months ago!!! It's not like he played well in the SB either. Harrison is one of my least favorite players, and definitely my least favorite Steelers, and these statements show why.

That won't happen AT and you know that.

They didn't do shit when Big Ben dragged the Steelers name through the dirt with the rape allergations so I doubt they'd do it to Harrison for doing the same thing.

Harrison leaves and your D falls apart. He's a big part of your pass-rush. I don't think the Rooney's will put the future successes of the franchise at risk by binning the star LBer.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers July 13th 2011, 2:23 pm

Mutant wrote:
at23steelers wrote:The peeing one and flag football ones were slightly funny, but all of it was wayyy out of line!! I don't think he should get suspended for this, maybe fined. Although it's during the lockout, so IMO, he shouldn't get anything for it. Still, what he did now, should make the Rooney's definitely consider releasing him from the Steelers. There is no way he should be attacking his teammates especially for the SB which was more than 5 months ago!!! It's not like he played well in the SB either. Harrison is one of my least favorite players, and definitely my least favorite Steelers, and these statements show why.

They didn't do shit when Big Ben dragged the Steelers name through the dirt with the rape allergations so I doubt they'd do it to Harrison for doing the same thing.

Harrison leaves and your D falls apart. He's a big part of your pass-rush. I don't think the Rooney's will put the future successes of the franchise at risk by binning the star LBer.

Mutant, you are seriously comparing a rape which he wasn't even proven of to attacking your own teammates and hurting your team chemistry?? They traded Holmes after having a few DUI's. So, not sure your theory makes sense. IMO, Harrison is the 2nd best player on our D but LOL at our defense falling apart. We would probably this upcoming year put Timmons at Harrison's spot, which is his best position and then have Farrior and Foote in the middle. Harrison has made these comments time and time again, and with him getting older and the league cracking down on his hits, I think a release is definitely in the realm of possibility and will make an example of a star player.

Edit: For Holmes, I meant Marijuana possessions.

Last edited by at23steelers on July 13th 2011, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
at23steelers
at23steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 13th 2011, 2:42 pm

I actually like what he said. I mean he took those fines personally and he did get a lot of heat for being a dirty player even though he isnt.

He plays football the right way. He plays ever play like its his last.

I think people need to cowboy up and realize football is violence in a 100 by 50 yard box. No one is making them play football. They can retire at anytime. They also dont strap up helmets the right way; I see tons of helmets flying every sunday during the season.

As for talking about his QB (que TO crying). It was a moment of honesty. He realizes that big ben is a gamer but sometimes he makes some stupid plays and during the playoffs big ben had to get bailed out by his defense a lot. I dont think he hates ben, they will hug it out.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers July 13th 2011, 2:57 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:I actually like what he said. I mean he took those fines personally and he did get a lot of heat for being a dirty player even though he isnt.

He plays football the right way. He plays ever play like its his last.

I think people need to cowboy up and realize football is violence in a 100 by 50 yard box. No one is making them play football. They can retire at anytime. They also dont strap up helmets the right way; I see tons of helmets flying every sunday during the season.

As for talking about his QB (que TO crying). It was a moment of honesty. He realizes that big ben is a gamer but sometimes he makes some stupid plays and during the playoffs big ben had to get bailed out by his defense a lot. I dont think he hates ben, they will hug it out.

What time did the defense have to bail Big Ben out in the SB?? One INT was a pick 6 and the other other possession was in the Packers own territory. What he said wasn't even accurate. Then to call out Mendenhall who had 2 fumbles ALL SEASON is a joke. Harrison played a poor SB game and is being very hypocritical. This won't sit well with the Rooney's at all IMO, and honestly think he talked his way out of Pittsburgh.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant July 13th 2011, 3:04 pm

at23steelers wrote:
Mutant wrote:

Mutant, you are seriously comparing a rape which he wasn't even proven of to attacking your own teammates and hurting your team chemistry??

No, the fallout. Dragging the name of a respectable franchise through the mud. When Big Ben was accused of rape, we didn't know if it was horseshit or whether he really was a sex maniac.

They traded Holmes after having a few DUI's. So, not sure your theory makes sense. IMO,

Fuck. I forgot about him.

Harrison is the 2nd best player on our D but LOL at our defense falling apart. We would probably this upcoming year put Timmons at Harrison's spot, which is his best position and then have Farrior and Foote in the middle. Harrison has made these comments time and time again, and with him getting older and the league cracking down on his hits, I think a release is definitely in the realm of possibility and will make an example of a star player.

You know what I meant. Troy Polamalu is a great safety but he doesn't really have a role in the LBer pass-rush which I think is the core of the Steelers D (I might be wrong). I just think that cutting Harrison would be a bad move. I know you have Foote (did he play much last season?), Farrior (who is 36), and Timmons (most under-rated LBer in the NFL). You also got Woodley but he's a F/A and he may or may not resign.

You lose Harrison, you lose a bit of...steel. You can patch it up but I dunno if it'll be the brick wall (STEEL WALL!) that it is now WITH Harrison.

You need to...I dunno...ban him from talking to the media ever again whilst he plays for the Steelers of Pittsburgh and maybe fine him internally (meaning Rooney fines his ass a billion dollars). He'd also have to apologisie and explain his comments to the team as a whole. Also, get his shit together. Last warning kind of stuff.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers July 13th 2011, 3:10 pm

Schefter is reporting Harrison has talked to Big Ben this morning and Big Ben responded that the writer somehow twisted Harrison's words around. Not sure how much of what he said could have been THAT twisted but if he can somehow get the Steelers organization to believe him, he still has a chance here.

@Mutant: Yes, they both gave the Steelers a bad rep, but one deals with his teammates which is much worse to the team IMO. Our front 7 makes our defense so strong, but I think we could still be really good without him. Farrior had one of his better years last year and Foote played decent when he got the chance to play last year. He does bring a toughness to him. The Steelers first priority this offseason is to sign Woodley, so I am not concerned at all with that. Not to mention we drafted a few LB's as well for the future in Worilds, Sylvester, and the 5th round LB this year Chris Carter who many are saying was a huge steal. I guess we need to gather all the facts before making a decision on his future but for now it's not looking good.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant July 13th 2011, 3:22 pm

If he get's cut, can the Cardinals have first dibs Very Happy?

lol, I'm just messing.

You're probably right (as usual!) but I thought I'd throw my two cups of tea into the mix.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers July 13th 2011, 3:38 pm

Mutant wrote:If he get's cut, can the Cardinals have first dibs Very Happy?

lol, I'm just messing.

You're probably right (as usual!) but I thought I'd throw my two cups of tea into the mix.

I know Harrison isn't a free agent, but think about what happened to Joey Porter. He was a loud mouth, great sack leader, and intimidator just like Harrison is. We showed him the door, and haven't looked back. People said our defense was old and would be much worse without him. Then Harrison replaced him. We always find good replacements, and I learned to never doubt our front office. However they deal with Harrison, is the right way to go about it.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 13th 2011, 5:33 pm

Throughout the day I did this. Neutral Question Shocked bounce Laughing

I think in that order.

I first heard bits and pieces and said "When I get home I gotta read this article." The Neutral
I also wanted to know what else he said and why. The Question
Then I heard more on the radio about the pissing thing and did the Shocked
Then I couldn't wait to read the article. bounce
When I read the article I Laughing because he pretty much proved that that Akron (Correct? one of them MAC schools) didn't really help him in life. Because I mean...how fucking stupid can you be?

Also, to hell with the "twisting of words" In my opinion I don't think you can twist words like that. Talking about your teammates? Dude get the fuck out of here. And that picture? Seriously? Fucking dumbass.

Good think he isn't part of the negotiations.

@AT- The Steelers traded Holmes because of his "Wake and Bake!" thing on Twatter or the books about faces.
BUT, did you ever think they also traded him because
A. He was suspended for 4 games
and
B. He was a free agent after last season?

(Also lmao, anyone remember Phantom freaking out when I broke the news about Holmes? Priceless)

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 13th 2011, 6:02 pm

MaddMatt wrote:Throughout the day I did this. Neutral Question Shocked bounce Laughing

I think in that order.

I first heard bits and pieces and said "When I get home I gotta read this article." The Neutral
I also wanted to know what else he said and why. The Question
Then I heard more on the radio about the pissing thing and did the Shocked
Then I couldn't wait to read the article. bounce
When I read the article I Laughing because he pretty much proved that that Akron (Correct? one of them MAC schools) didn't really help him in life. Because I mean...how fucking stupid can you be?

Also, to hell with the "twisting of words" In my opinion I don't think you can twist words like that. Talking about your teammates? Dude get the fuck out of here. And that picture? Seriously? Fucking dumbass.

Good think he isn't part of the negotiations.

@AT- The Steelers traded Holmes because of his "Wake and Bake!" thing on Twatter or the books about faces.
BUT, did you ever think they also traded him because
A. He was suspended for 4 games
and
B. He was a free agent after last season?

(Also lmao, anyone remember Phantom freaking out when I broke the news about Holmes? Priceless)

Fun Fact: Akron is the Rubber Capital of America. <3
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB July 13th 2011, 10:09 pm

Foote and Farrior as our MLBs? Ohhh goodness I don't want that to happen.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns July 13th 2011, 10:32 pm

MaddMatt wrote: because he pretty much proved that that Akron (Correct? one of them MAC schools) didn't really help him in life.
That moron didn't go to Akron, he went to Kent State.

Akron > Kent State
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 13th 2011, 10:41 pm

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote: because he pretty much proved that that Akron (Correct? one of them MAC schools) didn't really help him in life.
That moron didn't go to Akron, he went to Kent State.

Akron > Kent State

They are like only a couple miles away from each other.... It is an honest mistake on his part. Both Schools in Football though, suck cock....

Soccer though, AKRON KICKS ASS!
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 July 13th 2011, 11:11 pm

MaddMatt wrote:

That was (and still is) a dark day in my life
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget July 13th 2011, 11:21 pm

non-issue for me. james harrison is crazy and he said some crazy stuff. im not sure why anyone is surprised its like pacman getting arrested. roethlesberger and mendenhall werent suprised and arent mad and i doubt harrison gets cut. if he does though im sure that means that we have alot of faith in one of our young lbs to step up.

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns July 14th 2011, 12:05 am

Soarindude02 wrote:
They are like only a couple miles away from each other.... It is an honest mistake on his part. Both Schools in Football though, suck cock....

Soccer though, AKRON KICKS ASS!
KENT STATE IS GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY (except josh cribbs Smile )
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down