Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Video Games You Play Reviews

5 posters

Go down

Video Games You Play Reviews Empty Video Games You Play Reviews

Post  BaltRavensFan20 July 18th 2011, 6:59 pm

I thought Id make this thread like the one in the movies topic, for video games. Just name the last video game you have played and offer your review and opinion on it, and what can make it better for a possible sequel or redo.

Also, you can add any games you are looking forward to and why

Im getting ready to play DiRT 3 and Assassins Creed 1 (I know Im behind on this one), so Ill offer my thoughts a little later....

Last edited by BaltRavensFan20 on July 18th 2011, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Video Games You Play Reviews Empty Re: Video Games You Play Reviews

Post  Soarindude02 July 18th 2011, 7:29 pm

We could also make this into a thread for games you're looking into buying as well. Maybe add that to your post.

Right now, I am playing NCAA. We already have a thread for it so I am not going to get much into depth but, Great game. A couple glitches, including an annoying Defensive Secondary system but, it's far from a game killer. Also can be patched until next year where they can really upgrade it.

I am going to pass on Madden this year, and probably get FIFA in late September. Maybe early October depending on how I am doing with NCAA. Fifa is going to be great since I passed on it last year, and I am actually getting kinda hungry to play it.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 July 18th 2011, 7:35 pm

Currently playing NCAA 12 and WWE All Stars on the PS3.

On the Wii, I play NHL Slapshot and Just Dance 2 with my kids.

All of them are fun.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 July 18th 2011, 7:51 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:We could also make this into a thread for games you're looking into buying as well. Maybe add that to your post.

Right now, I am playing NCAA. We already have a thread for it so I am not going to get much into depth but, Great game. A couple glitches, including an annoying Defensive Secondary system but, it's far from a game killer. Also can be patched until next year where they can really upgrade it.

I am going to pass on Madden this year, and probably get FIFA in late September. Maybe early October depending on how I am doing with NCAA. Fifa is going to be great since I passed on it last year, and I am actually getting kinda hungry to play it.

Good idea, I added it. Thanks
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 July 18th 2011, 8:53 pm

Dirt 3

I'll start by saying this is a great game. The level of realism has def improved from DiRT 2. While you race you now have your wiper blades that move when stuff gets on your windows (incl when snow, rain, etc). Spectators now run onto and off of the roads in front of you off into the distance. Your avatar (if on the 360) hangs as a rear mirror ornament. The eviroments are much more lush and realistic. Theres now snow, rain, etc. basically alot more weather effects. New locations. I didnt notice a big diff in the way it drives compared to DiRT 2, but it felt more realistic and improved. You can connect to your You Tube account and upload replays of your races. As for car variety I havent gotten far enough to unlock alot of cars, as I go along I'll comment on that later, but you dont start out with a whole lot of options, I picked a peugeot.

What I do wish is that they would have taken a page out of PGR4 in that I think snow and rain should cling to the car. Now I have only played a little so it may happen, but I didnt realy see it. I think the snow could have been down a bt more realistically. Such as snow humps and deeper snow in the roads.

Granted so far, I really like this alot over DiRT 2. I'll give it a 8/10. I'll also recommend it to anyone here thats into rally or offroad racing. Overall good game.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 July 18th 2011, 9:31 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Dirt 3

I'll start by saying this is a great game. The level of realism has def improved from DiRT 2. While you race you now have your wiper blades that move when stuff gets on your windows (incl when snow, rain, etc). Spectators now run onto and off of the roads in front of you off into the distance. Your avatar (if on the 360) hangs as a rear mirror ornament. The eviroments are much more lush and realistic. Theres now snow, rain, etc. basically alot more weather effects. New locations. I didnt notice a big diff in the way it drives compared to DiRT 2, but it felt more realistic and improved. You can connect to your You Tube account and upload replays of your races. As for car variety I havent gotten far enough to unlock alot of cars, as I go along I'll comment on that later, but you dont start out with a whole lot of options, I picked a peugeot.

What I do wish is that they would have taken a page out of PGR4 in that I think snow and rain should cling to the car. Now I have only played a little so it may happen, but I didnt realy see it. I think the snow could have been down a bt more realistically. Such as snow humps and deeper snow in the roads.

Granted so far, I really like this alot over DiRT 2. I'll give it a 8/10. I'll also recommend it to anyone here thats into rally or offroad racing. Overall good game.

Great review... Might pick that up next payday if i have enough after i buy a laptop...
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 July 19th 2011, 4:25 pm

tubbs51 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Dirt 3

Great review... Might pick that up next payday if i have enough after i buy a laptop...

Yeah theres also Gymkhana (sp?) now if your into that, I havent tried that portion yet, I just started with the Dirt tour mode.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 July 19th 2011, 8:36 pm

ok to comment on a previous post I made, snow and rain DOES stick to your car after all.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  AliForeman74 July 23rd 2011, 7:04 pm

I already did a thread like this, it's on the second page
AliForeman74
AliForeman74

Street Cred : 13

Back to top Go down