Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

3 shitty teams and the 49ers thread

+4
MaddMatter
tubbs51
Mutant
KWicK78
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

3 shitty teams and the 49ers thread Empty 3 shitty teams and the 49ers thread

Post  KWicK78 September 26th 2011, 2:53 am

Niners 2-1
Seahawks 1-2
Cardinals 1-2
Rams 0-3

Surprising from top to bottom. In my mind, in this pathetic division, the Rams are the most complete team. But they are 0-3. The past indicates an insanely low percentage chance for them to reach the playoffs.

But it's the NFC West, so who fucking knows.

In the meantime, I'm going to do my gloating now while we are ahead. Because we all know that the Niners will crash and burn horribly once we actually play decent competition.

So GO NINERS!! Tubbs and Mutant can suck my balls!
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

3 shitty teams and the 49ers thread Empty Re: 3 shitty teams and the 49ers thread

Post  Mutant September 26th 2011, 4:58 am

Lol at the Rams.

Has every one got off Bradford's dick yet?

The way people went on about him in the off-season, you'd think he was Peyton Manning 2.0 or something.

I watched bits of each game on NFL RedZone last night and at one point in the 3rd QUARTER Bradford had a massive THREE passing yards.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

3 shitty teams and the 49ers thread Empty Re: 3 shitty teams and the 49ers thread

Post  tubbs51 September 26th 2011, 8:36 pm

KWicK78 wrote:Niners 2-1
Seahawks 1-2
Cardinals 1-2
Rams 0-3

Surprising from top to bottom. In my mind, in this pathetic division, the Rams are the most complete team. But they are 0-3. The past indicates an insanely low percentage chance for them to reach the playoffs.

But it's the NFC West, so who fucking knows.

In the meantime, I'm going to do my gloating now while we are ahead. Because we all know that the Niners will crash and burn horribly once we actually play decent competition.

So GO NINERS!! Tubbs and Mutant can suck my balls!
Come up to Washington and say that to my face!!!!

Razz

Anything can and might happen in the Wild Wild NFC West.

The Seahawks need to give TJack better pass protection, he was good when he had good protection. We also need another pass rusher. Clemons is a beast but we need another guy to put on the pressure on the opposing offense so that our secondary isnt exposed as much.

And we need to shore up our special teams. Leon muffing a return is not good. I love Leon but some of his moves so far have been dumb. If the kick is in the back of the endzone just down it instead of running it out to the 10 yard line and falling down. That shit puts unnecessary pressure on the offense. I personally think we need to split Leon's KR and PR time with him and Doug Baldwin. Leon's making some dumb mistakes and i think taking some time away from him might light a fire or at least Baldwin will get some experience and shit.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 October 2nd 2011, 11:37 pm

If my calculations are correct--

Niners 3-1
Seahawks 1-3
Cardinals 1-3
Rams 0-4

Gotta love the NFC West. Easily the most unpredictable division.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 2nd 2011, 11:42 pm

KWicK78 wrote:If my calculations are correct--

Niners 3-1
Seahawks 1-3
Cardinals 1-3
Rams 0-4

Really shocked at the Rams. Bradford getting that sophomore slump I guess.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 October 2nd 2011, 11:59 pm

MaddMatt wrote:

Niners 3-1
Seahawks 1-3
Cardinals 1-3
Rams 0-4

Exactly. He is playing on the poorer side of dog shit. What surprises me about the Niners is 3 wins and only one is against an NFC West opponent. Cardinals are right where I'd put them. I wasn't sure about the Seahawks. We are only 4 games in but I felt like they could've been at 2-2 depending on the game with SF.

The Rams though... damn lol
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 3rd 2011, 12:01 am

KWicK78 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Niners 3-1
Seahawks 1-3
Cardinals 1-3
Rams 0-4

Exactly. He is playing on the poorer side of dog shit. What surprises me about the Niners is 3 wins and only one is against an NFC West opponent. Cardinals are right where I'd put them. I wasn't sure about the Seahawks. We are only 4 games in but I felt like they could've been at 2-2 depending on the game with SF.

It's ok the 9ers will lose in 2 weeks Razz Razz Razz Razz

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 October 3rd 2011, 12:05 am

MaddMatt wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Niners 3-1
Seahawks 1-3
Cardinals 1-3
Rams 0-4

It's ok the 9ers will lose in 2 weeks Razz Razz Razz Razz

Lol I expect us to lose every week. So no surprise here.

I did some research, the Niners are +8 in turnovers in 4 games, and we have only given up passing TDs. We haven't given up a rushing, defensive, or return TD. That says something to me. We all know the pass D sucks, but the rest isn't completely god awful...
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant October 3rd 2011, 6:05 am

I'm sure the NFC West is cursed.

Niners haven't won shit when everyone predicted they'd win every year

Now the Rams can't win to save their lives AFTER people predicted they'd win the division.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 October 4th 2011, 4:48 am

MaddMatt wrote:

Niners 3-1
Seahawks 1-3
Cardinals 1-3
Rams 0-4

well that and who the fuck are his WRs? quite frankly no one worth mentioning cause if they were half decent they'd have at least one win...

Rams fans said they didnt need rice when he decided togo to seattle... Rice got a 52 yard TD catch from Tavares Jackson... imagine what could have been had rice suited up in STL instead of SEA...

Oh and the game against the Falcons further solidifies my take of what the Hawks need to do. (read previous post and watch the game recap).
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 4th 2011, 12:44 pm

fucking 49ers defense and running game. michigan man head coach wins games the old fashion way
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 October 10th 2011, 3:23 pm

I don't have an edit button or I'd just edit the first post. So I'll post new standings again...

49ers 4-1
Seahawks 2-3 2GB
Cardinals 1-4 3GB
Rams 0-4 3.5GB

Seahawks win yesterday was huge. Having a 3 game lead over everyone would have been fantastic, especially since we got Detroit coming up, and we usually split the series with Seattle-- whenever the second game is.

49ers-- Our D looks stout, but I don't think it has been truly tested yet. The Cowboys maybe, but they are so up and down this year, it's hard to tell. Detroit is going to be a huge test for us. I think we can compete, but our Oline has to keep improving or Alex Smith may not escape Detroit without permanent damage.

Seahawks-- may be on to something with the TJax-Baldwin combination. Baldwin is deceptively fast and has some good hands. The D is pretty middle of the pack. Lynch was very hyped up after "the run" and hasn't been really special IMO. But they offense looks like it's starting to come together, and the D made plays yesterday when it had to.

Cardinals-- Kolb has some guts. He showed it on a couple runs yesterday. But he isn't performing up to expectations. With time, I think he'll be a force to be reckoned with, especially while teaming up with Fitz and an emerging Beanie Wells. Beanie has scored in most of the games he's played this year. Matter of fact, he has scored in every game except for one. Keep an eye on him in your fantasy leagues. The Oline needs work, and the D is desperately missing Adrian Wilson.

Rams-- Thank goodness they had a bye week, because they need to regroup and come out strong if they want to have a chance for the rest of the year. It will be really interesting to see how things look after a week absence from the spotlight as a failing team. If Bradford can pull his head out and SJax can stay healthy, they can still make noise in this division.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant October 10th 2011, 4:19 pm

KWicK78 wrote:Cardinals-- Kolb has some guts. He showed it on a couple runs yesterday. But he isn't performing up to expectations. With time, I think he'll be a force to be reckoned with, especially while teaming up with Fitz and an emerging Beanie Wells. Beanie has scored in most of the games he's played this year. Matter of fact, he has scored in every game except for one. Keep an eye on him in your fantasy leagues. The Oline needs work, and the D is desperately missing Adrian Wilson.

The OLine has been a problem for years. Russ Grimm is a terrible coach.

Adrian Wilson has played since Week 1 so I'm confused as to how we're missing him? Unless you're getting him mixed up with someone else? Toler maybe? And Wilson hasn't been playing that well.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 October 10th 2011, 6:50 pm

Mutant wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:Cardinals-- Kolb has some guts. He showed it on a couple runs yesterday. But he isn't performing up to expectations. With time, I think he'll be a force to be reckoned with, especially while teaming up with Fitz and an emerging Beanie Wells. Beanie has scored in most of the games he's played this year. Matter of fact, he has scored in every game except for one. Keep an eye on him in your fantasy leagues. The Oline needs work, and the D is desperately missing Adrian Wilson.

The OLine has been a problem for years. Russ Grimm is a terrible coach.

Adrian Wilson has played since Week 1 so I'm confused as to how we're missing him? Unless you're getting him mixed up with someone else? Toler maybe? And Wilson hasn't been playing that well.

I thought he was hurt? Idk what I'm thinking then. Cuz now I remember seeing him play yesterday lol.

But yeah, either way that D is having a big issue playing together as a team. Someone like Wilson needs to step up and be a leader. They are also struggling to tackle....
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 October 16th 2011, 11:35 pm

Niners 5-1
Seahawks 2-3
Cardinals 1-4
Rams 0-5

Best thing that happened for the Hawks and Cards was a bye week. Rams had to play Green Bay (lol). Niners had a statement game against Detroit. I was surprised that we won, but obviously thrilled about it.

If the Niners can keep a 2+ game and reach 8 wins at the same time, I think we'll have the division locked up.

It's the NFC West though, so you never fucking know.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 17th 2011, 12:08 am

KWicK78 wrote:Niners 5-1
Seahawks 2-3
Cardinals 1-4
Rams 0-5

Best thing that happened for the Hawks and Cards was a bye week. Rams had to play Green Bay (lol). Niners had a statement game against Detroit. I was surprised that we won, but obviously thrilled about it.

If the Niners can keep a 2+ game and reach 8 wins at the same time, I think we'll have the division locked up.

Just think if you guys had a real QB.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 October 17th 2011, 2:01 am

MaddMatt wrote:
Seahawks 2-3
Cardinals 1-4
Rams 0-5

No kidding. Alex Smith has been playing well, but imagine if we could have grabbed Palmer or if we can wrangle Luck.

Also, I approve of the new title lol
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 October 17th 2011, 6:06 am

KWicK78 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
Seahawks 2-3
Cardinals 1-4
Rams 0-5

No kidding. Alex Smith has been playing well, but imagine if we could have grabbed Palmer or if we can wrangle Luck.

Also, I approve of the new title lol

Agree on everything but Palmer. The biggest attribute that Alex has is emotionless execution. The great QB's in football both past and present do more than just execute plays, they create options and plays off of plays. Alex just runs the play and he doesn't buckle under pressure. If your scheme shuts down his scheme, you win. The great QB's can still get you if you call the right play.

Now with that said, you watch that DET game and just look at the offense screw up around him. Walker drops a TD pass, penalties galore, and that crowd making things hard. Alex kept his composure the whole time and threw the game winning TD after he got blasted the play before. He doesn't create plays, he runs the plays and there's a big difference in a Harbaugh/Turner called play and a Nolan/Singletary/Johnson/Raye/Martz called play. They actually work.

What does that have to do with Palmer? If the guy is willing to quit on the Bengals who look pretty good this year, what makes you think he would have stuck it out in this game alone? The guy would've choked on that 4th down play. I love USC for life, but I can't say anything good about a pro football player who quits on his contract.
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 October 17th 2011, 9:32 am

I see what you are saying Nef, and I agree about Smith's composure. Which has never really been bad if you think about it. Even last year in the Stick when he was being booed and the crowd call for Carr, he was just there, doing his job anyway.

But I guess I'm a believer in a change of scenery. Palmer has experience and has had enough success to recognize the talent around here. I think he would have been willing to buckle up and go grind some out for this team. Plus the X-factor is Harbaugh, if anyone can get a player to play his goddamn guts out this year, it's Harbaugh
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 October 17th 2011, 11:59 am

KWicK78 wrote:
But I guess I'm a believer in a change of scenery. Palmer has experience and has had enough success to recognize the talent around here. I think he would have been willing to buckle up and go grind some out for this team. Plus the X-factor is Harbaugh, if anyone can get a player to play his goddamn guts out this year, it's Harbaugh

Yea, that's true also. He wouldn't have to go to training camps in jail nor would he have to deal with Ocho's antics.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 17th 2011, 1:57 pm

I know Smith played great and I was shocked that the TD was ruled Incomplete (I sit on the other side of the field) but Smith is just average. If you guys had a Phillip Rivers or a Ben Roethlisberger type of player. (Not the Elite QBs, but still in the top notch) Ya'll would be damn scary.

And fuck Patrick Willis he pissed me off all game with his awesomeness.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 October 17th 2011, 3:18 pm

MaddMatt wrote:I know Smith played great and I was shocked that the TD was ruled Incomplete (I sit on the other side of the field) but Smith is just average. If you guys had a Phillip Rivers or a Ben Roethlisberger type of player. (Not the Elite QBs, but still in the top notch) Ya'll would be damn scary.

Dude, Bowman may be the next great linebacker since.... Patrick Willis Very Happy

In all seriousness, he is damn good and has fantastic instincts. If Aldon keeps the pressure, and Bowman keeps turning in these games, we may have the best linebacking unit in the league
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 17th 2011, 3:25 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:I know Smith played great and I was shocked that the TD was ruled Incomplete (I sit on the other side of the field) but Smith is just average. If you guys had a Phillip Rivers or a Ben Roethlisberger type of player. (Not the Elite QBs, but still in the top notch) Ya'll would be damn scary.

Dude, Bowman may be the next great linebacker since.... Patrick Willis Very Happy

In all seriousness, he is damn good and has fantastic instincts. If Aldon keeps the pressure, and Bowman keeps turning in these games, we may have the best linebacking unit in the league

The one pass to Pettigrew in the endzone...I thought for sure was a touchdown. But then out of nowhere.....Willis is just like, naw brah. Pissed me off.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 17th 2011, 3:34 pm

Oh and does Alex Smith do that everytime he checks to a run?

The little arm roll thing? Kind of like a false start?

I saw him do that 7 or 8 times and I picked up on it the 3rd time. Every time I saw him do that I was yelling "ITS A RUN!"

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 October 17th 2011, 7:14 pm

MaddMatt wrote:Oh and does Alex Smith do that everytime he checks to a run?

The little arm roll thing? Kind of like a false start?

I saw him do that 7 or 8 times and I picked up on it the 3rd time. Every time I saw him do that I was yelling "ITS A RUN!"
No, that's due to your crowd taking the ability to hear the QB. They still have to keep it simple on offense because they're still learning it.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next